The Cricket Thread - Page 343 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > Miscellaneous > Off-Topic - Sports

Old 23.12.2016, 07:03 PM
Pro Bowler

Eeesh. I had to watch some Big Bash action to try to get that out of my mind.
You know - the Big Bash League. The one where the fans think it's socially acceptable to put a KFC bucket on your head while watching the game.
Old 23.12.2016, 07:59 PM
Team Captain

The big bash is a great watch that only comes second to the IPL in cricketing entertainment, saw Ian Bell make his debut this morning and he had a decent knock (that is a cricket term yes) after being dropped first ball, oh and who doesnt put a KFC bucket on their head? Always better to take the chicken out first though.
Old 23.12.2016, 08:06 PM
Team Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by GBPacker View Post
Eeesh. I had to watch some Big Bash action to try to get that out of my mind.
You know - the Big Bash League. The one where the fans think it's socially acceptable to put a KFC bucket on your head while watching the game.
They are mainly Australians which explains a lot, only joking Australia i think the big bash is great then again i dont really know much about cricket which being an Englishman is not such a bad thing i suppose except on the very very odd occasion.
Old 31.12.2016, 08:59 PM
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljstevens View Post
The big bash is a great watch that only comes second to the IPL in cricketing entertainment, saw Ian Bell make his debut this morning and he had a decent knock (that is a cricket term yes) after being dropped first ball, oh and who doesnt put a KFC bucket on their head? Always better to take the chicken out first though.
Ah, Ian Bell - one of our own.
If the ECB gets round to doing a proper T20 league, I do hope it's sponsored by KFC. That'll give me a good reason to wear a bucket next time I'm at the Eric Hollies Stand at Edgbaston. It'll have to be a boneless bucket - bones in cooked chicken is just sadistic, even if they have been cooked in 11 herbs and spices.
I'm getting hungry now...
Old 20.01.2017, 09:59 AM
All Pro

Memo to England cricket selectors and management - please find a bowler, preferably 2, capable of taking wickets without resorting to ridiculous bouncer/yorker tactics in the middle overs of a ODI. It doesn't work on the subcontinent and doesn't bother the Indian batsmen one little bit.

Oh, and finding a few batsmen who don't throw it away when well set wouldn't go amiss either.
Old 22.06.2017, 02:40 PM
MVP

The ICC have granted Test status to Ireland and Afghanistan. Can't see any test matches in Kabul any time soon though...
Old 24.06.2017, 08:20 PM
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by iffies View Post
The ICC have granted Test status to Ireland and Afghanistan. Can't see any test matches in Kabul any time soon though...
They'll probably play them somewhere in the Emirates, or maybe the Afghans will play test matches as a touring side.
I'm more amazed at Ireland - where are they going to play? I'm not sure Dublin is awash with cricket pitches.
Old 16.07.2017, 03:29 PM
MVP

Good job this test result won't hinge on Joe Root's use of reviews. Hasn't got one right yet and missed Amla's this morning that would have been out.
Old 17.07.2017, 04:19 PM
MVP

Did the England team have somewhere else they needed to be today? Seemed like they couldn't get it over with quick enough. Very good bowling from SA yes, but no way should it have been that one-sided. Jennings looked like a rabbit in the headlights, how many more chances does Ballance get? Bairstow, Stokes and Ali should be a good middle order when they aren't giving their wickets away. And why wasn't Ali first choice spinner? SA didn't even miss Rabada who is back for the next one. And it's a great shame (although probably just as well for us) that AB de Villiers has decided to jack in Test cricket in favour of the t20 biff bash stuff.
Old 18.07.2017, 04:42 PM
All Pro

England's selection of Dawson was bizarre, and completely messed with the balance of the side. You do not need 6 bowlers, no matter how many are able to bat. You just don't!

Jennings hasn't been great but showed some promise in India - so deserves the series

Ballance hasn't been good - but why do England persist with him at #3, when he has literally scored all his runs at #5 for Yorkshire. At least give the bloke a chance in his best position surely?!

Dawson - yeah, when the guy himself says the selection and call up was a shock, that means he probably doesn't deserve it. As for the whole, he's the #1 spinner, Moeen the #2 business - utter utter nonsense. Dawson is a county standard player at best.

The team looks likely to be this for the next test (Ballance is injured now)

Cook
Stoneman
Jennings
Root
Westley
Stokes
Bairstow
Ali
Wood (fitness permitting)
Broad
Anderson

I personally would have Bairstow batting at #6 above Stokes - as he is a better batsman. And when he's back fit again, Woakes takes the 3rd seamer slot from Wood.