2012 Nike kits? - Page 2 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > National Football League > NFL season

Old 26.12.2011, 09:53 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by durham_raider View Post
I can't see the Raiders making any change to their uniform. Its very plain, very simple and very apt IMO!
LMAO - I doubt you actually meant that how it reads!
Old 26.12.2011, 10:18 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by cornhusker44 View Post
LMAO - I doubt you actually meant that how it reads!
Definitely not mate! Upon reading that back it sounds as if I was implying the Raiders to be very dull. What I MEANT however, was the black shirts with silver numbers are iconic and unique and no badges or stripes need adding to make it special! Or words to that effect
Old 26.12.2011, 10:22 PM
MVP

Quote:
Definitely not mate! Upon reading that back it sounds as if I was implying the Raiders to be very dull. What I MEANT however, was the black shirts with silver numbers are iconic and unique and no badges or stripes need adding to make it special! Or words to that effect
LOL I knew what you meant. But it was very funny reading it. Made me spit Snecklifter on my keyborad!

Still good start the the Independence Bowl. 7 - 7 between the Tarheels and Mizzou. 11 plays only and some neat trickeration too.
Old 26.12.2011, 10:36 PM
All Pro

Quote:
The Raiders uniform is about as good as it gets.

Only thing that even begins to come close is the Bears.
Old 27.12.2011, 12:28 AM
All Pro

I live in hope that someone in St Louis see's sense and announces that we will be returning to the blue and yellow of L.A., hell I'd take the older white and blue style over our current ones as well. The current ones define "meh" to me.
Old 27.12.2011, 12:36 AM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by cornhusker44 View Post
Pats red. ala Steve Grogan and Tony Eason of the 85 season. That would be a nice reminder of past glories too. I still love the old Pats logo from that era too. Only seen on the throw back hats nowadays I suspect
Yes indeed. I love the red kits. Though I hate Pat Patriot...he's too much like that camp Bucs guy they had with the creamsicle kits. Eugh. I don't like the new logo much either. This is my preferred one...

Gonna get that in ink when I have spare cash
Old 27.12.2011, 01:42 AM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arabiandisco View Post
The Raiders uniform is about as good as it gets.

Only thing that even begins to come close is the Bears.
I'd agree with that, however I've always thought your Gold and Red was pretty iconic. Might be to do with the Jerry Rice days though when I first started watching so it's one of my first memories..... Heck, this cross Bay love-in can't be good for us disco!
Old 27.12.2011, 07:23 AM
MVP

Quote:
. Heck, this cross Bay love-in can't be good for us disco!
I got one thing to say about this : STOP IT!
Old 28.12.2011, 09:49 AM
Super Moderator

I really wish a lot of teams would follow the Bills and Broncos and go back to a more retro look. The Steelers, Packers, Raiders, Niners, Colts and Bears all ave a classic look and in my opinion have some of the best unis in the league.

Nfl unis seemed in their heyday around the 60s/70s. Would love to see the Rams go blue/yellow (best throwbacks in the league), Chargers go powder blue, Pats go red, Cowboys go Back to the navy jerseys with stars on the shoulder, Seahawks return to their silver hats, Atlanta return to their red hats, Detroit back to their blue/silver throwbacks and the Eagles back to their Kelly green unis.

*crosses fingers in vain*
Old 28.12.2011, 12:42 PM
Super Moderator

These threads keep popping up... and I keep giving the same answer. As a few others have already mentioned there will be absolutely no changes other than a Nike swoosh instead of the Reebok logo.

Perhaps Nike will change the materials used to make the uniforms, or the cut of the jersey... but the actual 'look' of the uniforms will be excatly the same, unless a team has already announced a change (like the Seahawks and Broncos... although with the Broncos they are only switching to the alternate uniforms that they already wear on occasion).

When Reebok took over a few years ago, there was no change to the look of the uniforms. Before that, teams changed unform manufacturers all the time and there was never a change to the 'look'. It will be no different next season when Nike take over. American sports work differently to British sports in terms of this.

Last edited by Cornishman32; 28.12.2011 at 12:46 PM.