Los Angeles Chargers Thread - Page 718 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Los Angeles Chargers

Old 03.05.2014, 06:49 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweagle View Post
As previous poster mentioned the first round worthy cb's are 6 foot or shorter.
These players have similar height and weight to Sherman 6'3" 195lbs and should probably be available in the third or later round.

Dontae Johnson 6'2" 200lbs North Carolina State experience at cb and fs.
Jonathan Dowling 6'3" 190lbs Western Kentucky think he's "only" played safety, think his athletic enough to play cb.
Stanley Jean Baptiste 6'3" 215 Nebraska cb
Keith McGill 6'3" 214lbs Utah cb
Pierre Desir 6'1" 195lbs Lindenwood cb

Take my opinion with a pinch/mine full of salt, but Dowling would be my top choice.
Then Johnson albeit not in Lindys draft magazine then small school gamble on Desir.

Only going from the little i've read on the internet.
Thanks mate! Very helpful post
Old 04.05.2014, 11:46 AM
Team Captain

From what I've seen, I think if Verrett is on the board, we should take him. His feet seem quicker, and compare him to Desir who is a bit of a project, it's night and day. Even against Roby and Fuller, just looked a more solid day-1 starter. 39" vert as well for a small guy is pretty sweet.

The last time we drafted out of TCU didn't go too badly either...
Old 04.05.2014, 10:01 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoltsHoodo View Post
From what I've seen, I think if Verrett is on the board, we should take him. His feet seem quicker, and compare him to Desir who is a bit of a project, it's night and day. Even against Roby and Fuller, just looked a more solid day-1 starter. 39" vert as well for a small guy is pretty sweet.

The last time we drafted out of TCU didn't go too badly either...
Verrett is my preference, I really don't rate Roby that highly, and that's not just my Michigan bias speaking.
Old 05.05.2014, 09:12 AM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweagle View Post
Only two picks to go till Chargers 2nd round pick.
Was thinking one of either wr's Jarvis Landry - Martavis Bryant or an olb Marcus Smith - Jeremiah Attaochu - Demarcus Lawrence.
Any opinions on any of these players or someone else?
Thanks for any replies.

Edit - To late drafted Martavis Bryant wr Clemson looking for the bolts to have the best offence next season.
Albeit the bolts should probably draft heavily on defense.
Bryant and Allen on the outside will give us a great young WR corps

With your 3rd round pick, Justin Ellis is still available who I think will be a sleeper in this draft. He could go from anywhere between late second and early 4th and is the best NT available. I rate him higher than jones and mccullers
Old 05.05.2014, 11:59 AM
Team Captain

My bro just booked time off work. Phoenix and America's Finest City here we come...
Old 05.05.2014, 02:24 PM
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunder_bolt View Post
Bryant and Allen on the outside will give us a great young WR corps

With your 3rd round pick, Justin Ellis is still available who I think will be a sleeper in this draft. He could go from anywhere between late second and early 4th and is the best NT available. I rate him higher than jones and mccullers
Wish i had looked at this post before the third round pick.
San Diego Chargers draft
1) Zach Martin OL Notre Dame - read bolts guards are a bit iffy, had hoped for one of the top 4/5 cb's or wrs but all drafted beforehand.
2) Martavis Bryant WR Clemson - has great measureables but should have perhaps gone Olb (Demarcus Lawrence / Marcus Smith / Jeremiah Attaochu)
3) Stanley Jean Baptist CB Nebraska - read nflrich post and went biggest available cb, would have perhaps gone Guard Dakota Dozier if bolts were able to get top 4/5 cb or wr in first round.

Sorry it was the best there was no trading allowed and the other gm"s were on the ball.
If it had been a seven round mock i/the bolts would have hoped for Ahmad Dixon ss in the 4th and a nt in the 5th (in order of preference) Justin Ellis - Caraun Reid if not available bpa then 6th would be nt Ryan Carrethers or Zach Kerr or bpa then 7th bpa.
Then again maybe Ahmad Dixon and one of those wouldn't be available.

Anyway hope the bolts have a great "proper" draft and the superbowl is ny beloved Eagles and my recently adopted team the bolts.
Obviously an eagles win
Thanks all for info on your beloved bolts and whoop the broncos cannot stand either of the mannings.
Old 07.05.2014, 04:54 PM
Pro Bowler

So Liuget had a torn labrum for all of last year.

http://www.utsandiego.com/news/2014/...surgery-draft/

It's always difficult to tell how much of an affect injuries have had on a player when these kind of stories come out, but it does sound like a difficult injury for a lineman to cope with. I don't remember him missing any practice time the whole year though so maybe it was just a case of trying to manage the pain on gamedays.
Old 08.05.2014, 12:05 AM
All Pro

Certainly would explain a lot, hard to imagine it wouldn't impact on his performances at all.
Old 08.05.2014, 04:20 AM
All Pro

Tell you what, if that story is accurate then he's gone up a lot in my estimation. I've done the same thing and it's absolute agony for weeks and leaves you with a practically useless arm and excruciating pain across your chest any time you do anything with it. It's the same thing that Brees had to go through 6 months of rehab to overcome, and even then most teams weren't interested in offering him a contract because of it.
Old 08.05.2014, 07:51 AM
Team Captain

Te'o and Luiget both playing with injuries that needed off-season surgery.
Ingram's ACL, Freeney going down.

There's 50% of our front 7 out injured or not healthy. Man I hope they all stay healthy this year, it could really be quite something, especially if we draft Barr at 25 (unlikely i know). There could be some serious pressure coming there.

So draft day is here, and still I have no idea who I want to pick. The gameplan we had last year to run the ball and steal clock from DEN would make me lean towards Sua'Filo if he's available, but if there's a run on players (QB?) then maybe it would make sense to take BPA or trade down, collect picks.

Verrett or Sua'Filo barring a big fall from one of the 'big' prospects would be fine by me.