Predictions vs Oakland - Page 2 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Pittsburgh Steelers

Old 19.09.2012, 10:07 AM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pittsburgh Dreamer View Post
C'mon Chesh, we get to play the Eagles at Heinz Field!
So we do, my memory isn't what it used to be! We still play the Titans in the astrodome the week after right?
Old 19.09.2012, 10:16 AM
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheshiremulisha View Post
So we do, my memory isn't what it used to be! We still play the Titans in the astrodome the week after right?
Yeah, that's the late Thursday game, Friday off work everyone!
Old 19.09.2012, 10:28 AM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pittsburgh Dreamer View Post
Yeah, that's the late Thursday game, Friday off work everyone!
last season was quite good for game timings, this season appears to be a nightmare,
I assume our Eagles game is a nice sensible 6pm kick-off?

then you'll tell me it's on sky, so i cant watch live on gamepass (don't have sky)
Old 19.09.2012, 10:33 AM
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrible Towel View Post
last season was quite good for game timings, this season appears to be a nightmare,

then you'll tell me it's on sky, so i cant watch live on gamepass (don't have sky)
My colleague at work has found a good live stream called First Row Sports - I'll be trying this one out on Sunday for the Raiders game.
Old 19.09.2012, 10:36 AM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrible Towel View Post

As far as I know the sky games haven't been decided yet for week 5 - but i'm in the same boat as you having gamepass and not sky. Although i'm going to get my sisters sky password so i can watch any sky games on sky player.

I think when I was looking earlier there are 4 late night games left this year (could be more with nbc's flexible scheduling) and the week 7 game against the bungals is a SNF game as well
Old 19.09.2012, 07:36 PM
All Pro

If there ever was a team that we might be able to run the ball on it could be the Raiders.

The big fear for me going into the game is our run defense as shown against the Jets who were able to run the ball through the center of the line.

I expect us to win the game as i think our passing game is enough to get us into a strong position early on.

I also dont like the odds of Palmer and the Raiders going much further than this year as its been well documented that the Raiders are running more of a West Coast offence and Palmer likes to throw it more to deep receivers.

34-17 Steelers.
Old 19.09.2012, 10:26 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade Steeler View Post
If there ever was a team that we might be able to run the ball on it could be the Raiders.

The big fear for me going into the game is our run defense as shown against the Jets who were able to run the ball through the center of the line.

I expect us to win the game as i think our passing game is enough to get us into a strong position early on.

I also dont like the odds of Palmer and the Raiders going much further than this year as its been well documented that the Raiders are running more of a West Coast offence and Palmer likes to throw it more to deep receivers.

34-17 Steelers.
Palmer's still racked up the yards and rarely made bad decisions, his one pick has come from a rushed last minute attempt to get some kind of consolation against Miami. The pass game has lacked explosion but that's in no small part due to the absence of any run game to start it up. There's no reason beyond blocking that McFadden can't set one game alight and if the Steelers run D is sub-par then this may be the game.

The Raiders run D has been very good for 6 out of 8 quarters, a vast improvement on previous seasons.

If you do win I suspect it will be mostly from Roethlisberger ripping our second/third-string corners to shreds.
Old 20.09.2012, 03:28 PM
All Pro

I can see McFadden having a good game if your D can keep you in the game into the second half but like you mentioned it isnt difficult to see where our strength is on offence and thats with the passing game and if that plays like it can then i think the Raiders are going to have to become dependent on the passing game which can play into our hands.
Old 21.09.2012, 10:21 PM
Pro Bowler

Sorry put my prediction on Jets game thread

Not so confident on the road Steelers to sneak it 20-17
Old 24.09.2012, 12:12 AM
Pro

WTF! That game was in the bag, or so they thought! D was non existent, seems to be the case when Troy is lacking. Always penalties against us, two costly fumbles. And the wort part is we gave 34 points away to the Raiders. Worst defeat since the Ravens opener last year. Fair to say I'm not pleased.