Formula One thread (2013 season onwards) - Page 32 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > Miscellaneous > Off-Topic - Sports

Old 06.04.2014, 05:11 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by tksgtmason View Post
Amd btw i think hamilton is fine to do what he did, i would to win a race. As would all 22 drivers
Yeah other than race I don't think he did anything anyway, certainly didn't do anything outside of the rules, was great to watch.
Old 07.04.2014, 05:17 PM
All Pro

Massive hats off to Mercedes. How tedious would that have been with team orders (which are allowed) or a gentleman's agreement that you don't race after the final pit stop etc. Glad to see Perez doing alright. He's a quality act as he kept both Kobayashi and Button honest. The lad is a massive upgrade on Di Resta.

Williams really owed Massa a "Massa is faster than you" message to Bottas.
Old 07.04.2014, 10:59 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by james1b View Post
Yes cars develop as the season goes on. In season testing is now allowed and during the longer gaps between races teams can improve what they have.

I think it's likely that Mercedes will be tough to topple, it's reminiscent to when Brawn were the best, but even they got caught by the end of the season.

Hamilton v Rosberg looks to be exciting this year though.

I actually think Mercedes will stay out in front. Honda had been developing for the new regs that year (nowhere near as big as this year) for a couple of years and is the reason Jenson stayed there (iirc he had an offer to go back to Williams and fought to stay at BAR/Honda). When Honda then pulled out Brawn put his money in because the car was dominant. The issue was there wasn't the money there to develop much more, while both Red Bull and McLaren did and it led to a great championship fight.

This year Mercedes will have the money to develop, but Malaysia showed that the Red Bulls do have a good car, with the cars today they would likely win in Monaco, Hungary or at least come very close. With some development from Reanault it will be very interesting at tracks late in the season with a mix between low and high DF sections. (cba to look at the calender to see one)
Old 07.04.2014, 11:29 PM
Hall of Fame

Btw mercedes are already 67 points clear in constructors ahead of force india :O
Old 07.04.2014, 11:30 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by jai13 View Post
I actually think Mercedes will stay out in front. Honda had been developing for the new regs that year (nowhere near as big as this year) for a couple of years and is the reason Jenson stayed there (iirc he had an offer to go back to Williams and fought to stay at BAR/Honda). When Honda then pulled out Brawn put his money in because the car was dominant. The issue was there wasn't the money there to develop much more, while both Red Bull and McLaren did and it led to a great championship fight.

This year Mercedes will have the money to develop, but Malaysia showed that the Red Bulls do have a good car, with the cars today they would likely win in Monaco, Hungary or at least come very close. With some development from Reanault it will be very interesting at tracks late in the season with a mix between low and high DF sections. (cba to look at the calender to see one)
I think they will as well, the gap is huge and will be very difficult for the others to catch up this season, but the gap will decrease as the season goes on because the teams will have more and more data to work with and identify where to improve where as the Merc's will not be able to improve as much due to their superior position at the moment. It's like how much can Man City improve in comparison to Aston Villa.

But there is a scenario to which I could see the other cars becoming just as quick, it's just an unlikely one.

If it is a 2 horse race it's at least nice to have a Brit in that scenario
Old 15.04.2014, 11:59 AM
Hall of Fame

Ferrari International Assistance otherwise known as the FIA have rejected Red Bulls appeal.

No shock there, they broke the rules, could have had the punishment extended as it was a frivolous appeal
Old 19.04.2014, 06:11 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packman12 View Post
Ferrari International Assistance otherwise known as the FIA have rejected Red Bulls appeal.

No shock there, they broke the rules, could have had the punishment extended as it was a frivolous appeal
Shame they didn't really.

It's good to see Williams back nearer the front of the grid these days.
Old 20.04.2014, 08:44 AM
All Pro

Good to see Ricciardo once again outpacing Vettel. Such a nice young lad! Unfortunately I've got him pegged as the next Jarno Trulli. Outstanding single lap qualifying pace but goes AWOL at various points in a race. Hope I'm wrong.
Old 20.04.2014, 08:57 AM
All Pro

I'm already bored with it this season. A driver in a clearly superior car disappears into the distance...it's as boring as last year.
Old 20.04.2014, 09:03 AM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manic Patriot View Post
I'm already bored with it this season. A driver in a clearly superior car disappears into the distance...it's as boring as last year.
There is 4 points in the lead for the championship. The racing in the previous race was amazing. It's a 2 horse race this season not 1.

It's not even close to last year.