Saints thread - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo

Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > New Orleans Saints

Sponsored Links

Old 21.07.2005, 08:51 PM
All Pro

Default The "Big Easy" New Orleans Saints thread

Saints thread.

Last edited by SteButt; 06.01.2015 at 10:21 PM.
Sponsored Links
Old 21.07.2005, 10:38 PM
All Pro

Send a message via AIM to MurrayC
Default Re:Saints thread

If Brooks plays to his potential, I can see the Saints being a real threat this season. If they continue to play like they did at the end of the last season, they could be a real dark horse.
Old 22.07.2005, 02:18 PM
All Pro

maybe squeeze into the WC but nothin more
Old 22.07.2005, 02:23 PM
All Pro

A wildcard would be great for the saints!
I tipped them as a dark horse last season, McAllister, Brooks & Horn could be a great triplet, just waiting for Brooks to be consistent!!
Old 22.07.2005, 04:54 PM
All Pro

[quote author=MurrayC link=board=1;threadid=11687;start=0#msg258578 date=1121985492]
If Brooks plays to his potential, I can see the Saints being a real threat this season. If they continue to play like they did at the end of the last season, they could be a real dark horse.
[/quote]

It's true that Brooks needs to cut out the idiotic plays and just play smart, but for the Saints to make as serious playoff run, it's the defense that needs to improve. If they can get .500 seasons out of an inconsistent offense with a banged up Deuce McAllister, and no defense, you can only imagine what they'd do at full potential.

The other problem is coaching, not only in-game but from Monday-Saturday. New Orleans are always ill-prepared, unmotivated and lathargic, hense their underachieving mannerism. If Coach Haslett instilled more discipline into the program, you'd see a different football team.
Old 22.07.2005, 05:12 PM
All Pro

[quote author=SteButt link=board=1;threadid=11687;start=0#msg258802 date=1122051923]
Quote:

It's true that Brooks needs to cut out the idiotic plays and just play smart, but for the Saints to make as serious playoff run, it's the defense that needs to improve. If they can get .500 seasons out of an inconsistent offense with a banged up Deuce McAllister, and no defense, you can only imagine what they'd do at full potential.

The other problem is coaching, not only in-game but from Monday-Saturday. New Orleans are always ill-prepared, unmotivated and lathargic, hense their underachieving mannerism. If Coach Haslett instilled more discipline into the program, you'd see a different football team

It's funny really, we were 4-8 and down and out - and then when the pressure was off they played for Haslett and we finished 8-8 and he kept his job. So they are capable, and they will play for him. But I think last season was his last chance - he needs at least a winning record this year to convince anyone that he's the man for the job.

The defense will be the key - 32nd in the league last year it can only get better, but will it???
[/quote]

I know what its like to have a crap D playing for your team, and if you guys were ranked lower than the Colts, thats bad!!

Still only one way to go when you are ranked last /\
Old 22.07.2005, 07:55 PM
Pro

Quote:
Still only one way to go when you are ranked last
Never new it was possible to finish 33rd
All those stats they are nice but they don't really mean anything, the most important stat in a game is the scorline!
Seriously though now I have seen the schedule for the Saints it could be possible for 8-8 or 9-7 record just as long they cause some upsets (as long as it's not against the Panthers) but being the NFL it could go either way.
Old 22.07.2005, 11:59 PM
All Pro

Send a message via MSN to Gman84

This has to be Brooks bery last chance. When Haslett first came in Jeff Blake lead the team for most of the season but Brooks won the play-off game. Him and Haslett have been living off that since.

Brooks is inconsistent and can't respond under pressure. I love his highlight reel plays though, particularly the backward pass vs the Raiders last year. ;D I doubt he changes and I think he'll be looking for a new team in 2006.

In Hasletts case, it's strange how coaches with a rep for certain things (in his case defense) seem to lose that skill in the mix of having to manage everything else. Marv Lewis is another case, he's fixed a lot what is wrong in Cinci but can't get that D to play at all.

On D, the Saints main problem is vs the run, if you rank 32nd in total defense, give up 4.6 yards a carry and allow the joint 3rd most first downs rushing in the league you are always going to struggle despite what your offense is capable of.

With the Panthers getting players back, the Falcons in good shape and the Bucs a team that may be struggling but knows how to win, I don't see the Saints being that competitive this coming season.
Old 24.07.2005, 09:36 AM
All Pro

Wow a Saints thread with only one REAL saints fan posting

I've never been fond of the Saints . I've always seen them as being negative and boring but however they have always proved me wrong by playing well (occasionaly). When Brooks,Deuce and horn play well they can be exciting (not quite as exciting as the Colts trio) In many ways they are similar to the Colts: Exciting offense (when they want to be) and poor D (although I think the Colt's is on the up)
Old 24.07.2005, 10:14 AM
All Pro

[quote author=SteButt link=board=1;threadid=11687;start=0#msg259076 date=1122199319]
Explosive offence, cack defense.

Defense comes 32nd last year, we draft.......an offensive tackle!! :Now, Brown is meant to be good but we're desperate for an upgrade at linebacker and corner, surely we could have signed somebody to help those areas!!

By the way there's at least another Saints fan knocking around, I'm sure I've seen him.......

[/quote]

You got Dwight, any word on where he'll be played?