Religion - Good or Bad? - Page 929 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > Miscellaneous > Off-Topic - Entertainment/News

  #9281  
Old 13.02.2015, 02:40 PM
leebladedawg's Avatar
leebladedawg leebladedawg is offline
Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: 25.11.2005
Posts: 17,158
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Csonka#39 View Post
I truly believe God could take you to see heaven and return you... he could perform any miracle you asked of him and even explain every question and doubt you have and you would still say you were better than he is and he is as you intimate quite evil and petty...You are one of those I mentioned in my earlier post .... I do believe you will no doubt finally believe but only when it is too late...
I think this is an example of how sometimes you get so caught up in your biblical view that you really don't understand or get the point your arguing against.

You see it's not about me being better than God or demanding my own terms etc, if God appeared before me I wouldn't be the slightest bit interested in trying to prove I'm better or getting my own way etc

What I would like is a chat and to simply ask why he has tainted me with sin and why he has commited such horrific acts. You see I'm not asking for him to change because frankly, and please accept my word that I'm not trying to be personnel here, I don't fancy an eternity stuck with his views and those that share them

Now please understand this, I understand your view and acknowledge it but I don't agree, I don't understand your need to have to follow and worship someone capable of such acts but that's up to you

So basically i don't have an issue with God turning up but he and you have to realise that I'm choosing not to be part because of some of your horrific actions and views, to me for followers to justify his actions is similar to those people who supported the actions of Hitler or Stalin
Reply With Quote
  #9282  
Old 13.02.2015, 02:49 PM
leebladedawg's Avatar
leebladedawg leebladedawg is offline
Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: 25.11.2005
Posts: 17,158
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Csonka#39 View Post
Let me answer this by saying the following:

I assume you deny any existance of a creator God or at least the creator God of the bible?

If you do not believe in God.. then where are you getting your idea that he has disdain for humanity.. what gives you the
high road to talk about 'his' terrible crimes.. ??
If God does not exist to you and we are accidents of random atoms converging where does morality and right and wrong come from.. ??

If right or wrong do not exist then no one country should be imposing its views on another.. should they? Which means that we should not have any view on what is right or wrong with anyone elses or countries behaviours...in which case you cannot be making accusations against God and his behaviour.. it's ilogical to use morality to attack the bible or Gods behaviour...but if you are going to challenge his behaviour...

If he does exist then as the creator of life then he should set the rules.. whether you like or agree with it and secondly accept it or not God is perfect and just.. and any just judge has to punish crime..sin is crime against God.. the bible says all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God deserving of death.. you say Gods actions against humanity show disdain.. however the fact that we have transgressed his laws and he allows us to continue living when he has every right to not allow it.. shows his grace..

Many of the crimes you seem to want to blame God for are agsint people who were given many years in which to repent and get right before God used his people or power as intruments of his righteous judgment.. the Amorites for example were given 400 years to quit their sinful ways before God judged them.. but God always gives peole a way out first.. in this life now.. the way out is Jesus.. it is because God loves us he has provided this escape route.. if you were in a burning building and someone said look here.. there is the way out.. would you refuse becuse the person who put that door there had in your view commited an act you did not agree with or would you go through it.. I reckon you would go through it.. self preservation.... and yet you take this stance agsint the only one who can save you from the burning building and place your fallen morality over the creator of the universe and all life...???
I will start of by stating that I don't believe in the concept of a god or religion but I don't count the concept out, I think the odds of it being true are extremely minimal but as someone who uses science/history/ logic to come to his conclusion I don't rule the concept out

I don't rule the concept out just to have a get out clause come judgement day, I just don't rule the concept out because of the reasons I have just mentioned

Now as for how we come to our morality/soul or whatever, natural evolution and human kind living together and growing a common understanding, it didn't and doesn't happen over night and history proves our moraility continues to adapt and develop over time
Reply With Quote
  #9283  
Old 13.02.2015, 02:51 PM
Csonka#39's Avatar
Csonka#39 Csonka#39 is offline
GOAT
 
Join Date: 06.10.2006
Posts: 21,249
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by leebladedawg View Post
I think this is an example of how sometimes you get so caught up in your biblical view that you really don't understand or get the point your arguing against.

You see it's not about me being better than God or demanding my own terms etc, if God appeared before me I wouldn't be the slightest bit interested in trying to prove I'm better or getting my own way etc

What I would like is a chat and to simply ask why he has tainted me with sin and why he has commited such horrific acts. You see I'm not asking for him to change because frankly, and please accept my word that I'm not trying to be personnel here, I don't fancy an eternity stuck with his views and those that share them

Now please understand this, I understand your view and acknowledge it but I don't agree, I don't understand your need to have to follow and worship someone capable of such acts but that's up to you

So basically i don't have an issue with God turning up but he and you have to realise that I'm choosing not to be part because of some of your horrific actions and views, to me for followers to justify his actions is similar to those people who supported the actions of Hitler or Stalin

You are missing the point... God has not tainted you with sin.. if you wish to know why you have sin.. read the bible.. if you wish to know why God committed 'horrific' acts read the bible.. my need to follow and worship someone capable of such acts is because he is the creator.. he is the one in charge and the one we have to answer to .. he died for me so I can be reunited in peace with him..I follow him because he first loved us and while we were sinners Christ died for us.. I am fulfilling my created purpose by following him.. this is why I need him..

You are welcome to refuse to spend an eternity of peace with God in his kingdom but the alternative is to spend it in torment where (most likely) Hitler and Stalin truly are. and these apparently are the folks you want to avoid.. smart..
Reply With Quote
  #9284  
Old 13.02.2015, 03:01 PM
Csonka#39's Avatar
Csonka#39 Csonka#39 is offline
GOAT
 
Join Date: 06.10.2006
Posts: 21,249
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by leebladedawg View Post
I will start of by stating that I don't believe in the concept of a god or religion but I don't count the concept out, I think the odds of it being true are extremely minimal but as someone who uses science/history/ logic to come to his conclusion I don't rule the concept out

I don't rule the concept out just to have a get out clause come judgement day, I just don't rule the concept out because of the reasons I have just mentioned

Now as for how we come to our morality/soul or whatever, natural evolution and human kind living together and growing a common understanding, it didn't and doesn't happen over night and history proves our moraility continues to adapt and develop over time

So on one hand you want to say mankind has developed morality over time but on the other if God exists then he is a tyrant for allowing or indeed even in some cases taking part in what you deem 'horrific' actions down through the ages.. I guess if God does not exist then we are truly horrific ourselves aren't we Lee as we would then have no one to 'pass the buck too' except ourselves..

I don't think you can have it both ways... God used a righteous (if not difficult position for us to grasp) judgment as the creator to deal out a cleansing on more than one occasion.. God is long suffering.. but man.. boy we are just full of pride, anger, hate, jealousy, denial... we use what ever we can in order to justify our need to power and rule and then blame God while ignoring our own failings... all the time unwittingly bowing to satans workmanship just as they did in the garden... and the war goes on..... but God will bring it all to a final end one day.. in the mean time he wants as many as will listen or seek him to find him .. through faith he wants us to come to repentance so we can avoid being separated from him for ever once the door of the ark of his final judgment is felt .. revelation tells of what is to come.. scary book.. but Jesus wants to save you.. people have only to accept and ask..
Reply With Quote
  #9285  
Old 13.02.2015, 07:26 PM
Smograider's Avatar
Smograider Smograider is offline
MVP
 
Join Date: 22.08.2009
Posts: 5,821
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincent View Post
In fairness, in the name of science I taste tested a box of Creme Eggs along with a slab of Dairy Milk the other day. Couldn't tell the difference in the chocolate despite the media hyperbole - both had the same lovely melt going on after being dipped in tea too. All in the name of science, of course....
I myself can clearly taste the difference. I obviously have the spohisticated Northern palette. Whereas you ha ... well, you're Welsh.
Reply With Quote
  #9286  
Old 13.02.2015, 08:29 PM
Pedal Bin's Avatar
Pedal Bin Pedal Bin is offline
MVP
 
Join Date: 30.10.2005
Posts: 7,935
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smograider View Post
I myself can clearly taste the difference. I obviously have the spohisticated Northern palette. Whereas you ha ... well, you're Welsh.
Excellent! I'm glad the chocolate debate is still going on. Cream Eggs are the work of Satan. Does not matter if your Welsh or Northern they are pure evil from the Fifth Dimension!
Reply With Quote
  #9287  
Old 14.02.2015, 01:20 AM
Vincent's Avatar
Vincent Vincent is offline
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: 02.02.2007
Posts: 15,418
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedal Bin View Post
Excellent! I'm glad the chocolate debate is still going on. Cream Eggs are the work of Satan. Does not matter if your Welsh or Northern they are pure evil from the Fifth Dimension!
Now, cadburys Easter egg chocolate is delightful (again, must be dunked in a nice cup of tea (quite strong, dash of milk, no sugar)). A rare benefit of religion!
Reply With Quote
  #9288  
Old 14.02.2015, 08:18 AM
Luton_Niner's Avatar
Luton_Niner Luton_Niner is offline
Team Captain
 
Join Date: 30.12.2013
Posts: 316
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincent View Post
Now, cadburys Easter egg chocolate is delightful (again, must be dunked in a nice cup of tea (quite strong, dash of milk, no sugar)). A rare benefit of religion!
I'm not a fan of tea in general but I'm firmly in the 'chocolate is best served warm' camp. In a restaurant I rarely go for a desert but I will definitely be swayed if there is anything in the descriptions along the lines of melted chocolate oozing out of anything else
Reply With Quote
  #9289  
Old 15.02.2015, 12:54 PM
JensonF's Avatar
JensonF JensonF is offline
MVP
 
Join Date: 03.09.2009
Posts: 6,554
Default Back to the subject

How do we know that God is a man?
Because his name is Howard B.
How do we know that?
"R Father, who Rt in Heaven, Howard B. thy name . . ."
And you would be Mr. Cloth-Ears?
Reply With Quote
  #9290  
Old 15.02.2015, 01:42 PM
iffies's Avatar
iffies iffies is offline
MVP
 
Join Date: 08.09.2006
Posts: 5,108
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JensonF View Post
How do we know that God is a man?
Because his name is Howard B.
How do we know that?
"R Father, who Rt in Heaven, Howard B. thy name . . ."
And you would be Mr. Cloth-Ears?
I thought it was Harold.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
dinosaurs , help me jebus!!! , stupid flanders! , the magic roundabout , we're all going to hell

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +0. The time now is 06:05 AM.