"Legal" #toutsout - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo

Go Back   NFL UK Forums > National Football League > 2019 London Games

Sponsored Links

Old 03.02.2017, 05:31 PM
Team Captain

Default "Legal" #toutsout

I got an email from NFLUK saying that one of the two Wembley games is sold out. Thankfully, I have a season ticket, having never missed an IS game yet, but I feel bad for those fans that want to go to a game and can't because tickets have been snapped up by touts for resale at inflated prices. Even worse, I'm certain that the legal retailer will have placed blocks of tickets with their reselling agents "as a service to those who want to go but missed the opportunity to buy tickets when they first went on sale".

I just went onto the Viagogo site (the most notorious of the resellers, according to Radio 4) and found tickets in the area I will be (but much further back) for four times face value! And that doesn't include the fees that Viagogo chucks on at the end. Interestingly, some of the tickets on sale include free meals at Wembley or even VIP access! How can people get these tickets for resale? Who has this kind of ticket? Surely NFLUK is aware of who they give/sell VIP access tickets to?

What really bugs me is that NFLUK claims they will deal with touts by voiding tickets: "We have a zero tolerance policy of accounts with irregular purchasing activity. Anyone identified doing so will have tickets cancelled, these will be put back on sale at a later date." Yes, right! I'd like to see the evidence that NFLUK is prepared to actively fight touting. It should be perfectly easy to have a system at Wembley/Twickenham where every ticket gaining access to the stadium has to be accompanied by the credit card that paid for it. Alternatively, some form of photo ID should be shown against tickets with the named purchaser on them. There are many ways that touts can be stopped.

Policing the reselling sites would be a start.
Sponsored Links
Old 03.02.2017, 11:00 PM
Pro

The reselling sites are the bane of every event, sport, music, comedy shows. It has been discussed in parliament but as ever they are slow to respond.

Ticketmaster own Getmein and automatically put tickets on there, it has been proven.
Old 03.02.2017, 11:08 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbadcol View Post
The reselling sites are the bane of every event, sport, music, comedy shows. It has been discussed in parliament but as ever they are slow to respond.

Ticketmaster own Getmein and automatically put tickets on there, it has been proven.
Scum the lot of them. It would be simple to make it illegal to re-sell tickets. However clearly someone is making money off this and is greasing someone hands to prevent legislation going through.
Old 04.02.2017, 06:55 AM
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedal Bin View Post
Scum the lot of them. It would be simple to make it illegal to re-sell tickets. However clearly someone is making money off this and is greasing someone hands to prevent legislation going through.
Or maybe making the reselling of tickets illegal isn't simple at all, would be difficult to enforce, and would actually be an unnecessary over reaction?

When I looked at the resale sites this morning it looked like 5-7% of the tickets available for the Dolphins/Saints game were listed. Not all of those are professional touts, not all of those will sell for the prices currently listed.
Old 04.02.2017, 07:07 AM
All Pro

Seems a bit dumb given everyone knows the team returns come out later in the year. Why pay over inflated prices when all you need to do is wait.
Old 04.02.2017, 07:21 AM
Rookie

Yes but how many team returns are there? And how do you know the touts won't harvest those too?

Tags
reselling , ticketmaster , tickets , touts , viagogo