"Legal" #toutsout - Page 2 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo

Go Back   NFL UK Forums > National Football League > 2019 London Games

Sponsored Links

Old 05.02.2017, 01:38 PM
Rookie

I would imagine that ALL tickets were made available for the Saints@PHins game. When I got the email about the presale it said at the bottom that all remaining tickets from the presale will go on sale after, which would explain why there was no more availiae if it sold out during the presale.

What I do not understand and I have not seen anyone mention, is that how many rookie people was posting wanting spare presale codes? Clearly the majority of these must have been touts when you look at the dates they joined and yet people were happy to send them there codes.

I myself have not posted before but have been a member of nfluk for some time.

Just thinking did some people make rods for the backs of others who did want to buy tickets
Sponsored Links
Old 05.02.2017, 02:45 PM
Rookie

The matches are getting more and more popular so someone is always going to miss out and that wont get any better when Spurs' new stadium is involved. However, the 'thats just the way it is' attitude to touts (on or offline) is getting a bit tired, its been proven in other sports especially rugby that they can be hindered if not driven out completely.
Old 05.02.2017, 03:15 PM
All Pro

The secondary market is not so easy to deal with as first appears. I agree with everything European Bob says and will throw these into the mix as well.
I buy tickets to an event for a relative or friend as a gift. If the tickets have my name on, how will they get in without me going or me giving them my ID? What happens if the person at the venue notices my dear old mum is not the male identified on the ticket (with or without ID)? What will constitute ID?
I buy tickets for an event, now being as some often go on sale at least 12 months before the event what happens to my £xxx if I fall ill, can't go through a work or other commitment? Without an option to sell them on I'm out of pocket.
According to Pedal Bin I'm scum. I have bought tickets and had to sell them nearer the time. I sold them on Getmein for face value and swallowed the costs of selling through the site.
Don't get me wrong I hate people/companies selling tickets at over inflated prices but maybe for a change the Government is correct to think this through rather than rush headlong into legislation that just wont work.
Where should legislation stop, event tickets, theatre tickets, sport tickets or taking it to its illogical conclusion why stop at tickets? Houses, cars etc?
Old 05.02.2017, 03:25 PM
Rookie

I completely agree. But when clearly there new people that appear on hear that missed the pre sale emails ( which should give a clue because if you are a NFL you would have been registered already) and they suddenly ask for presale codes it should make you think who these people are and maybe they are touts rather than genuine fans.

Just do not get those that was so willing to give away spare codes unless they themselves are touts also
Old 05.02.2017, 06:39 PM
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by European Bob View Post
Hence I hold out zero hope of getting a ticket for Spurs-Arsenal despite living 2 miles from the stadium but I know I can be at Steelers-Packers at Heinz Field if I want to be. I go online here in the UK, buy my ticket - in the exact seat and block I choose, print it at home and I have complete comfort that the seller's original ticket has been cancelled and my ticket will work at the turnstile, without needing to go near a grubby tout or anything. I would not support a motion to ban this.
My only real criticism of the NFL with regard to the ticketing of the London games is the lack of an official resale system or marketplace.

For over 10 years season ticket holders of most Premier League teams have been able to resell their seats if they can't make a game through the club. The game is deactivated on the season ticket card and a paper ticket usually issued for collection at the ticket office. To take your Tottenham example, even though there is a deal with Stubhub there is a maximum price that people can sell for.

For one-off events with paper tickets it is a bit harder, but the Olympics and Rugby World Cup both offered a system that worked.

What is clear is that there are a large number of tickets changing hands for the London games after being issued by Ticketmaster, and there is no way that the NFL can track what is happening to these tickets.

If there was an exclusive marketplace (fixed price or seller's choice) both the NFL and fans would benefit.
Old 05.02.2017, 06:50 PM
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neptune View Post
Don't get me wrong I hate people/companies selling tickets at over inflated prices but maybe for a change the Government is correct to think this through rather than rush headlong into legislation that just wont work.
Where should legislation stop, event tickets, theatre tickets, sport tickets or taking it to its illogical conclusion why stop at tickets? Houses, cars etc?
It shouldn't need the government to get involved as the technology to manage resale or ticket transfer is readily available for any event organiser who cares.

The only piece of legislation that I would like to see is against event organisers who effectively tout tickets themselves. If there are seats that they want to sell at a premium price then that should be reflected in the 'face value'.
Old 05.02.2017, 09:34 PM
Rookie

If a ban on reselling tickets can work for soccer it can work for any other event, there has been some movement towards this at parliament but I wouldn't hold my breath. I personally would allow any ticket to be sold as long as it's not above face value, the system right now is skewed too much in favour of the touts, whether legal or otherwise.
Old 05.02.2017, 10:22 PM
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by smurf8880 View Post
I completely agree. But when clearly there new people that appear on hear that missed the pre sale emails ( which should give a clue because if you are a NFL you would have been registered already) and they suddenly ask for presale codes it should make you think who these people are and maybe they are touts rather than genuine fans.

Just do not get those that was so willing to give away spare codes unless they themselves are touts also
Thats a damn fine point, one i hadnt thought of.
Old 05.02.2017, 10:28 PM
Pro

The secondary sites may be a good idea in principle but its obvious this principle is lost. Tickets that go on sale seconds after the official time at vastly increased prices are clearly not peop,e who cant attend.

Also dont forget my biggest gripe. Ticketmaster shipping tickets directly to their sister site getmein.

I got jags tickets no probs and similarly the last 3 years for other games ive been to.
Old 06.02.2017, 11:09 AM
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viking on a Spring View Post
If a ban on reselling tickets can work for soccer it can work for any other event, there has been some movement towards this at parliament but I wouldn't hold my breath. I personally would allow any ticket to be sold as long as it's not above face value, the system right now is skewed too much in favour of the touts, whether legal or otherwise.
In that case the ban is related to public safety and supposedly knowing who is in the stadium, it's nothing to do with pricing.

Tottenham and Everton both have formal partnerships with Stubhub for resale of seats where season ticket holders can sell above face value.

Principally due to the legacy of organised violence at games, by law, football/soccer fans are profiled differently to any other sport. So it's not a case that can easily be applied to other events.

Tags
reselling , ticketmaster , tickets , touts , viagogo