Tickets still for sale for the 28th September Game?! - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo

Go Back   NFL UK Forums > National Football League > 2019 London Games

Sponsored Links

Old 25.09.2014, 08:01 AM
Banned

Default Tickets still for sale for the 28th September Game?!

I think it's great that tickets are still for sale, as I did see a few posts of people saying they left it too late to purchase tickets.

On the other hand though, most reports said these games were complete sell-outs? However you can still purchase tickets for the Miami Dolphins Vs Oakland Raiders Games. so a bit confused to what they use to determine a complete sell-out.
Sponsored Links
Old 25.09.2014, 08:58 AM
Starter

From my understanding, the game sold out but then the teams sent some of their allocated tickets back that they weren't going to be using. I may be wrong though...
Old 25.09.2014, 09:09 AM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Restaz View Post
I think it's great that tickets are still for sale, as I did see a few posts of people saying they left it too late to purchase tickets.

On the other hand though, most reports said these games were complete sell-outs? However you can still purchase tickets for the Miami Dolphins Vs Oakland Raiders Games. so a bit confused to what they use to determine a complete sell-out.
They'll be returns. Regular occurrence at most sporting events.
Old 25.09.2014, 10:03 AM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Restaz View Post
The vast majority of tickets for the IS are sold directly to the public, i.e. there is a "general sale". These are the tickets "sold out" way back in January.

However (like pretty much all major stadium events), quite a few have to be "pre-allocated" for distribution through other channnels, Some of these tickets will end up not being required by the people or companies they're initially "held" for.

There are many companies (both here and in the US) which are approved by the NFL (or the teams involved) to offer "all-inclusive" travel packages - this is actually how most of the US fans flying over will have bought their IS weekend. These companies will receive an allocation of tickets for their travel packages - tickets from any unsold packages will be returned later for general sale. The teams involved may also ask for other ticket allocations outside of the "general sale",

League Officials, plus players and staff from both teams will also receive an allocation of tickets - any that go unused will be returned for general sale (these are the ones it seems were being sold in recent days).

There are probably many other companies (sponsors, suppliers, media partners etc.) who receive a few "pre-allocated" tickets for their use - any unused tickets from these sources will probably also go into the "returns" mix at some point.

A "sell out" simply means there are no more "general sale" tickets available from the main agent (i.e. Ticketmaster). Tickets will of course always be available via the resales market - usually "at a price".
Old 25.09.2014, 10:06 AM
Pro

Tried listing on Ebay, pretty disgusted that my spare got pulled, directedd to stubhub, and then have to send them the ticket with no guarantee of selling.

Insult to injury, I had to deliver the ticket in person, which of course is feasible living in Scotland.

these re-selling sites should be made illegal. Total scam.
Old 25.09.2014, 10:14 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTone View Post
The vast majority of tickets for the IS are sold directly to the public, i.e. there is a "general sale". These are the tickets "sold out" way back in January.

However (like pretty much all major stadium events), quite a few have to be "pre-allocated" for distribution through other channnels, Some of these tickets will end up not being required by the people or companies they're initially "held" for.

There are many companies (both here and in the US) which are approved by the NFL (or the teams involved) to offer "all-inclusive" travel packages - this is actually how most of the US fans flying over will have bought their IS weekend. These companies will receive an allocation of tickets for their travel packages - tickets from any unsold packages will be returned later for general sale. The teams involved may also ask for other ticket allocations outside of the "general sale",

League Officials, plus players and staff from both teams will also receive an allocation of tickets - any that go unused will be returned for general sale (these are the ones it seems were being sold in recent days).

There are probably many other companies (sponsors, suppliers, media partners etc.) who receive a few "pre-allocated" tickets for their use - any unused tickets from these sources will probably also go into the "returns" mix at some point.

A "sell out" simply means there are no more "general sale" tickets available from the main agent (i.e. Ticketmaster). Tickets will of course always be available via the resales market - usually "at a price".
Hey. I didn't realise it went into that much detail, but yeah, makes perfect sense. Thanks.
Old 25.09.2014, 10:15 AM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatshaft View Post
Tried listing on Ebay, pretty disgusted that my spare got pulled, directedd to stubhub, and then have to send them the ticket with no guarantee of selling.

Insult to injury, I had to deliver the ticket in person, which of course is feasible living in Scotland.

these re-selling sites should be made illegal. Total scam.
Why are you disgusted? Ebay don't sell tickets any more.

As for StubHub, I have used it on a number of occasions, and I personally think its great. I have no idea why you would have to deliver them in person. If you are selling well in advance, tickets can be sold electronically, or delivered by you to the buyer. If very close to the event, then tickets can be taken in person, or delivered to a drop off centre

Why the heck would they guarantee to sell it? it takes a buyer to be interested first.
Old 25.09.2014, 10:22 AM
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by b182dammit View Post

As for StubHub, I have used it on a number of occasions, and I personally think its great. I have no idea why you would have to deliver them in person. If you are selling well in advance, tickets can be sold electronically, or delivered by you to the buyer. If very close to the event, then tickets can be taken in person, or delivered to a drop off centre

Why the heck would they guarantee to sell it? it takes a buyer to be interested first.
My son can no longer go, so last minute I listed on E-bay.

Took them 5 days to pull it, by which time I was told when trying to list on commission-hub that I had to deliver the ticket to them. I already said I'm in Aberdeen, perhaps your geography isn;t up to scratch, thats 10 hours away.
Old 25.09.2014, 10:32 AM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by b182dammit View Post

Yeah, I didn't understand the "disgust" either !!!

There are quite a few alternatives to the "corporate" resale sites, many of which have mentioned by posters in other threads on here.

(BTW, for those who may be unaware - eBay and Stubhub! are one and the same - all just part of the same company's business, just like Ticketmaster and GetMeIn).
Old 25.09.2014, 10:34 AM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTone View Post
Yeah, I didn't understand the "disgust" either !!!

There are quite a few alternatives to the "corporate" resale sites, many of which have mentioned by posters in other threads on here.

(BTW, for those who may be unaware - eBay and Stubhub! are one and the same - all just part of the same company's business, just like Ticketmaster and GetMeIn).
These companies, whilst charging eye wateringly silly commissions, do provide a good service in meaning people actually get tickets and are covered by a reasonable guarantee.