ProTour Cycling Thread - Page 13 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo

Go Back   NFL UK Forums > Miscellaneous > Off-Topic - Sports

Sponsored Links

Old 04.07.2008, 04:27 PM

Default Re:ProTour Cycling Thread

[quote author=hpacc1 link=board=23;threadid=32269;start=105#msg914744 date=1215186229]
Maybe you should invest in one of these Stockers and get out there and enjoy the road!

[/quote]

Bah, I could never be a cyclist now. They infuriate me as a pedestrian and they infuriate me as a motorist.
Sponsored Links
Old 06.07.2008, 06:05 AM
All Pro

great start for Valverde yesterday, but will he try to hold onto it all the way?
By the way, cant believe I very nearly put him in at the last minute, and took Gilbert out of my fantasy team! Doh!! ;D :
Old 07.07.2008, 10:38 AM
Pro Bowler

Send a message via MSN to yorkiepacker

I think Valverde spotted an oppertunity to keep the yellow jersey for a few days. Obviously the first stage was not a pure sprinters stage and his team took the decision to "Go for it", being an uphill finish.
I can't see him holding it after tomorrows TT. There are some good time trialers 1 second back, and some more only 7 secs away.

As for my fantasy team, they are at the dizzying height of 5489th ;D
Old 08.07.2008, 08:49 AM
All Pro

Mines up to 4408th (156pts) after yesterday Yorkie. Had dropped to 7746th on Monday :-[
Just a shame I didnt have time yesterday to get Millar in for todays TT. Think he could give Cancellara a run for his money today. Evans has got a shot at the win too IMO...
Old 08.07.2008, 01:00 PM
All Pro

Well im hoping Cancellara can gert the yellow this year he came close to it last year and tryed his trademark late charge and was unlucky on the 2nd stage.

He should win todays time trial tbh
Old 08.07.2008, 01:25 PM
All Pro

He should do Arz, but listening to Eurosport here in my office they are saying that its starting to rain. If it gets too bad it could throw the whole stage on its head!
Did anyone see the reaction Cavendish had yesterday to Ned Boulting asking a couple of questions on ITV4? Ok, he'd had a tough ride with the weather, the split in the bunch etc, but he sounded like a grumpy teenager - really rude!
Sylvain Chavenel just taken the lead in the TT.........

15.52pm.......Bugger. Took Schumacher out my team >
Old 09.07.2008, 10:10 AM
Pro Bowler

Send a message via MSN to yorkiepacker

I couldn't believe Schumachers ride yesterday, especially as I had cancellara and yesterdays stage as my bonus stage
My team is up to 3581 now and I have done a little tweaking. Out goes Mario Bruseghin who I thought may have been up there for the TT and in comes Kim Kirchen who is definately going to try and keep the green as I don't think he has the overall class to take yellow (but I may be proved wrong).
Old 09.07.2008, 01:59 PM
All Pro

Just ahead in 3286th (235pts) Yorkie! Put Schumacher back in last night and used my last transfer to put in Andy Schleck. I dont know why, but Ive got a feeling we may be seeing him at, or near, the front the next couple of days in the Massif Central.... Mind you, it'll be just my luck that after ditching Cav for Schleck, the Manxman will win todays stage! :

Come on Hushovd! :P

Allez!

Evans
Millar
Schleck
Schumacher
Hushovd
Kirchen
Vansevenant
Forster
Auge
Team Slipstream / Garmin

Wouldnt you frickin believe it! Cavendish only bloody won! Thats 3 riders I DID have who have gone on to win a stage AFTER Ive ditched them. Should've waited til today to get rid of Cav really, but c'est la vie!
Old 09.07.2008, 04:17 PM

[quote author=hpacc1 link=board=23;threadid=32269;start=120#msg916133 date=1215611940]
Just ahead in 3286th (235pts) Yorkie! Put Schumacher back in last night and used my last transfer to put in Andy Schleck. I dont know why, but Ive got a feeling we may be seeing him at, or near, the front the next couple of days in the Massif Central.... Mind you, it'll be just my luck that after ditching Cav for Schleck, the Manxman will win todays stage! :

Come on Hushovd! :P

Allez!

Evans
Millar
Schleck
Schumacher
Hushovd
Kirchen
Vansevenant
Forster
Auge
Team Slipstream / Garmin

Wouldnt you frickin believe it! Cavendish only bloody won! Thats 3 riders I DID have who have gone on to win a stage AFTER Ive ditched them. Should've waited til today to get rid of Cav really, but c'est la vie!
[/quote]

Right you were!
Old 09.07.2008, 06:24 PM
Starter

Great win for the rude Manxman - disappointed with his attitude towards Ned a couple of days ago but obviously delighted that he won today. Not heard much from Robbie so far - is he past it?