New York Jets Thread - Page 813 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo

Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > New York Jets

Sponsored Links

Old 13.03.2019, 02:41 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by stocksy View Post
If we get Houston I’ll need to lay down.

Looking at WR FAs I don’t think there was a obvious choice??

Is there a blockbuster one we could take first round?

If we draft sensibly we have gone about this off season the best we have done in years and years...

Agree on Barr but I thought we were over paying anyway and doesn’t he have injury issues? Read so much last few days I’m possibly confused about who I was reading about as we have been linked to plenty.

We are far far better off than we were last season...

Signed the number 1 FA agent cheaper than expected and one of best FA WR - one of the top two/three available? That’s a good start to getting Darnold help and solid targets.

Mosley is ok in my book and Osenele looks like a great one to snag.

FA and draft is much easier when you don’t have a QB circus going on.... you can look at signings and judge them on merit. Every year I’m usually saying yeah ok... decent upgrade but none of that matters....

Bell now matters.... that’s a great feeling.
Yeah, looks like slim pickings at WR this year in FA and the Draft tbh. Some people went batcrap crazy about DK Metcalf because he ran a fast 40 for someone his size (and had a clearly inaccurate body fat %), but he also timed very poorly in the shuttle and cone drills, has so-so hands and a limited route tree. A.J Brown is my favourite of this Draft class at the position, but he’s too similar to Crowder.
Sponsored Links
Old 13.03.2019, 05:26 PM
Super Moderator

Don’t understand the decision to release Jason Myers after a Pro Bowl season. No guarantee Roberts comes back either...
Old 13.03.2019, 05:55 PM
Super Moderator

Andre Roberts now gone too. Bizarre...
Old 13.03.2019, 09:30 PM
MVP

And so it begins...

Jets gonna Jet.

QB in round one??

Punter round two.

Why are we incapable of keeping talent and signing talent like at least 25 other organisations... I know a few are as bad as us but still we seem to be unable to juggle more than one thing
Old 20.03.2019, 10:48 PM
MVP

Siemian??

No don’t get that at all. Plenty of decent back up options this year - QBs we won’t mind if they need to step in.

I know it’s not a biggie but I really don’t like this.

We certainly have a few issues we have resolved and some we have created ourselves.
Old 21.03.2019, 08:43 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Siemian??

No don’t get that at all. Plenty of decent back up options this year - QBs we won’t mind if they need to step in.

I know it’s not a biggie but I really don’t like this.

We certainly have a few issues we have resolved and some we have created ourselves.
I’m so-so on Siemian tbh. There’s definitely worse backups out there, but I’d still prefer another year of Josh. Still not sure why we haven’t made Justin Houston an offer he can’t refuse, hoping we can get Wisniewski too...
Old 21.03.2019, 05:26 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayne ellis View Post
Early days, but already looking ahead to the Draft. As it stands, and providing we don’t trade down too far (if at all), I see our pick being one of these:

OT Jonah Williams
DT Quinnen Williams
DT Ed Oliver
EDGE Josh Allen
EDGE Clelin Ferrell
EDGE Jachai Polite
CB Greedy Williams

Obviously, for a team in dire need of Offensive help, it’s a tad concerning that Jonah Williams looks to be the only non-QB regarded as a top 10 pick (and he’s no shoo-in).
Can probably take 4 of those 7 off the list tbh. If we stay at #3, it’s likely to be a 50/50 shout between Josh Allen and Quinnen Williams. Williams is the better player (on paper), indeed he may be the best player in this class, but Allen fills more of a need. My guess would be that we take Williams in that scenario, knowing Mac’s tendency to go BPA (especially in the 1st round).

Trading down would be my preferred option, though it doesn’t look the easiest Draft to do so. Maybe someone will get antsy and move up for Dwayne Haskins, which will be more likely if Arizona take Kyler Murray at #1.

If we do trade down, I doubt we drop any lower than Denver at #10. In that situation, I’d expect the pick to be either Jonah Williams or Montez Sweat. I’m a big fan of Clelin Ferrell, but he doesn’t look a good fit in our Defense. Same can probably be said for Rashan Gary, though I don’t rate him that highly anyway. Brian Burns has the potential to be a productive pass rusher in the NFL, but he might be a little on the light side.

Obviously, there’s an outside chance of Nick Bosa being there at #3, would expect Mac to sprint to the podium in that case...
Old 05.04.2019, 01:15 PM
MVP

Didn’t know we were getting New Jerseys and all that...

I like. Modern but classic. Issue will be getting decent quality ones as I don’t want heat pressed ones from the (UK) store... I’ll happily get all three TBH. Didn’t pick up a darnold one last year and glad I waited.

Darnold on one.

The other two harder..... who is 100% gonna last more than 1/2 years...

The (UK) personalisation being so poor is a shame as I’d happily get a personalised one in black.

Guessing like all jerseys there will be a fair few that hate them... but tbh I was bored of other design.
Old 05.04.2019, 05:57 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Didn’t know we were getting New Jerseys and all that...

I like. Modern but classic. Issue will be getting decent quality ones as I don’t want heat pressed ones from the (UK) store... I’ll happily get all three TBH. Didn’t pick up a darnold one last year and glad I waited.

Darnold on one.

The other two harder..... who is 100% gonna last more than 1/2 years...

The (UK) personalisation being so poor is a shame as I’d happily get a personalised one in black.

Guessing like all jerseys there will be a fair few that hate them... but tbh I was bored of other design.
Yeah, I think they’re pretty good. Ridiculous how overblown the whole thing has been tbh. Think the white one’s probably my favourite of the three (I like to be different! )...
Old 10.04.2019, 09:15 PM
Team Captain

any timeframe ideas when personalised ones will be available here?
I might ask relatives to bring one over (black) tho as $1.30 rate aint bad?
also is anyone here on biggest jets FB group? currently 22k members lol
hi again everyone btw )