Thoughts about yesterday - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Jacksonville Jaguars

Old 28.10.2013, 02:24 PM
All Pro

Default Thoughts about yesterday

So that was what i feared! So how do we feel? Firstly i must say i was impressed by how many Jags fans there were yesterday. There was a good little section by the Wembley Club seats and i was sitting with a fair few Jags, but i was surprised by just how many Niners fans were there. I know they are popular over here but there was a lot more than i expected. The encouraging thing is that people still want to follow the Jags even with all our problems. I'd like to think that the majority have picked us for a reason other than we're playing in London for 3 years but it's encouraging to see people going for us.

Now the game. Well we knew it was possible and i don't think we were awful, the Niners just did a really good job on us, especially on offense. We struggled to contain any of their play calling which gave Kaepernick the openness to run. They're a good team and way ahead of us so i'm not too disappointed. Offensively we started ok, MJD was getting some yardage and we got a couple of penalties on the opening drive which helped but we seemed to hit a wall after that. I've not been too happy with our offensive playcalling and we only really got going when we were way behind but when we did we looked quite impressive. Blackmon and Shorts have some real talent and if we can get a solid QB and make some improvements on both lines then we'll start to see some real improvements.

I had a blast yesterday and really enjoyed it, even with the score. I got chatting to Jag fan from America on the way back and we both agreed there's some positives in our team, neither of us we're really angry or disappointed. And we did get to see the Jags first home TD of the season. Oh and i got to see Anger! Man he can punt!

Keep the faith!
Old 28.10.2013, 03:18 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagfan81 View Post
Oh and i got to see Anger! Man he can punt!

Worthy of the weekly highlight reel methinks!
Old 28.10.2013, 04:09 PM
Pro Bowler

Sorry to invade your thread. But I must say I was really impressed with the Jags. You have an awesome franchise. The players, and coaches are really cool down to earth guys after seeing them at the fan rally.

At the game, despite the score the players never gave up, you kept working hard and you deserved that touchdown. I had to say I even got up out my chair and clapped when Chad threw that pass.

I had to cheer for my Niners this year but you bet your bottom dollar I will be there next year in my Niners jersey, waving the Jags flag and backing you to the ends of the earth for the next 3 years. Huge thanks to Mr Shahid Khan and the Jags for their commitment over here. I tip my hat to you and hope you have a great year, draft well, and knock the living sh** out of the Cowgirls at Wembley next season!
Old 28.10.2013, 04:10 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey3487 View Post
You have an awesome franchise.
Marry me!

Old 28.10.2013, 04:37 PM
Pro Bowler

Seriously, I am not trying to be funny or anything but you are an awesome franchise. Despite your current record I have far more respect for you than other teams in the NFL for sure.

Your players never gave up yesterday no matter how much we scored. You have fight in your team and Gus Bradley seems like he has his head screwed on right and after a few seasons of building a fan base, drafting well etc. You'll be fine
Old 28.10.2013, 04:54 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedal Bin View Post
Worthy of the weekly highlight reel methinks!
I was explaining to my brother in law about Anger whilst we were watching him warm up. I was raving about him and saying how much we love him! The thing is, he is actually good! Such hang time on his punts. (I fear i may be crossing into stalker territory)

Main disappointment was not being able to meet up with you guys from here. Weekend went a bit to pot and got to the tailgate at 3.30 so wouldn't have had much time to chat to people.
Old 28.10.2013, 04:55 PM
MVP

Quote:
Your players never gave up yesterday no matter how much we scored. You have fight in your team and Gus Bradley seems like he has his head screwed on right and after a few seasons of building a fan base, drafting well etc. You'll be fine
To quote MJD ater the game:

“We’re competitors,” he said. “We’re never going to let anyone break our will. Out there, some guys (49ers players) were like, ‘Why are you guys still playing?’ I was like, ‘Why are you talking to me?’ We’re still going to try to get our jobs done. Obviously, the season hasn’t gone the way we wanted it to, but we can still turn it around.”
Old 28.10.2013, 04:56 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Seriously, I am not trying to be funny or anything but you are an awesome franchise. Despite your current record I have far more respect for you than other teams in the NFL for sure.

LOL, you post reads nice, but it could also be read as gloating sarcasm!! lol, i'm sure it's not.
Old 28.10.2013, 04:59 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedal Bin View Post
To quote MJD ater the game:

“We’re competitors,” he said. “We’re never going to let anyone break our will. Out there, some guys (49ers players) were like, ‘Why are you guys still playing?’ I was like, ‘Why are you talking to me?’ We’re still going to try to get our jobs done. Obviously, the season hasn’t gone the way we wanted it to, but we can still turn it around.”
Bang on. I'd be really angry if we were say like the Bucs, a good team playing poorly, but we're trying and learning. Mistakes will happen, not bothering you can criticise but that isn't our problem.

I do feel as well that when we start going forward, a lot of our players will remember what people have said about them.
Old 28.10.2013, 05:10 PM
All Pro

I was one of the drafted in Jags fans I was decked in MJD Jersey (Bought especially for game) I had a great time look we all knew it was going to be tough to get a result against the 49er's this is basically the same team that was at the Superbowl not so long ago. So lets put it in context it wasn't a great game because we all knew it was over by half time but was it boring? I would answer no I had a great time good humoured banter with the 49er fans and relevant games being played in London American football at its best.

Will I be back next year to cheer the Jags again? Without doubt YES!!!

I would also like to take this opportunity to ask any Jags fans who are going to see the Raiders next year to come and shout and cheer for us!!!