Pats 2017 season thread - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo

Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > New England Patriots

Sponsored Links

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 11.07.2017, 06:14 PM
Ollyrules's Avatar
Ollyrules Ollyrules is offline
All Pro
 
Join Date: 25.12.2012
Location: Nodge
Posts: 4,488
Default Pats 2017 season thread

Lets get one of these going...for the few of us still kicking about!

Camp starts in a few weeks, and rarely can I remember us going in with such a depth of talent we have this year. Will be extremely hard for an undrafted rookie to make the team I feel this year, and at RB/WR, there is certain to be a guy or two cut who could do a good job in the league.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2  
Old 11.07.2017, 06:32 PM
Manic Patriot's Avatar
Manic Patriot Manic Patriot is offline
All Pro
 
Join Date: 21.01.2009
Location: London
Posts: 3,568
Default

Its certainly true there is more depth this year. I'm convinced Bill has cashed in his chips for one last throw of the dice before #12 retires.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 11.07.2017, 06:33 PM
wayne ellis's Avatar
wayne ellis wayne ellis is offline
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: 31.10.2005
Location: Letchworth
Posts: 22,461
Default

Congratulations on another Super Bowl victory. Might as well get it out of the way early...
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 12.07.2017, 06:35 PM
lee harris 10's Avatar
lee harris 10 lee harris 10 is offline
MVP
 
Join Date: 05.09.2010
Posts: 8,889
Default

think apart from a longterm deal for Malcolm Butler is been a perfect off-season.we have kept Hightower at the right price and the trades for Cooks and Allen are great looking replacements for Floyd and Bennett.

the running back depth is scary,could Dion Lewis really be 4th on the depth chart some weeks.

on defence the Gilmore price tag will be talked about alot but sure Belichick will know how to get the best out of him,the Ealy addition is a good one as maybe pass rusher was the one spot we where looking thin at and getting a player in a contract year should get the best out of him.

if we can stay pretty healthy its hard to not see another 12 win season and a bye then its all about proforming in the play-offs.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 19.08.2017, 08:06 PM
lee harris 10's Avatar
lee harris 10 lee harris 10 is offline
MVP
 
Join Date: 05.09.2010
Posts: 8,889
Default

"do your job 2" the inside story of the 2016 Patriots will be airing on the NFL network on Wednesday 6th september the same night as the premier of the 2016 America's game which will feature Edelman/Blount/Hightower.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 21.08.2017, 02:20 PM
Ollyrules's Avatar
Ollyrules Ollyrules is offline
All Pro
 
Join Date: 25.12.2012
Location: Nodge
Posts: 4,488
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lee harris 10 View Post
"do your job 2" the inside story of the 2016 Patriots will be airing on the NFL network on Wednesday 6th september the same night as the premier of the 2016 America's game which will feature Edelman/Blount/Hightower.
Ok I am hyped for this!
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 21.08.2017, 02:34 PM
Rory426's Avatar
Rory426 Rory426 is offline
All Pro
 
Join Date: 01.12.2007
Location: Lowton
Posts: 2,377
Default

So which defensive end do you think we'll acquire in a trade? Depth there is non-existant, and starters ain't up to much either...
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 21.08.2017, 07:10 PM
lee harris 10's Avatar
lee harris 10 lee harris 10 is offline
MVP
 
Join Date: 05.09.2010
Posts: 8,889
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rory426 View Post
So which defensive end do you think we'll acquire in a trade? Depth there is non-existant, and starters ain't up to much either...
isn't Dwight Freeney still a free agent,surely a veteran pure pass rusher can come after the season starts and maybe skipping a long preseason will help him stay fresh.

don't know if Belichick really cares about the outside pass rush as much as guys who can set set the edge in the running game.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 21.08.2017, 09:15 PM
Rory426's Avatar
Rory426 Rory426 is offline
All Pro
 
Join Date: 01.12.2007
Location: Lowton
Posts: 2,377
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lee harris 10 View Post
isn't Dwight Freeney still a free agent,surely a veteran pure pass rusher can come after the season starts and maybe skipping a long preseason will help him stay fresh.

don't know if Belichick really cares about the outside pass rush as much as guys who can set set the edge in the running game.
Which is why I don't think Freeney is a fit. It's also why I'm thinking they have to make a move at the position because at the moment the edge is being set by Trey Flowers and Nobody Else.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 21.08.2017, 09:40 PM
lee harris 10's Avatar
lee harris 10 lee harris 10 is offline
MVP
 
Join Date: 05.09.2010
Posts: 8,889
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rory426 View Post
Which is why I don't think Freeney is a fit. It's also why I'm thinking they have to make a move at the position because at the moment the edge is being set by Trey Flowers and Nobody Else.
Ealy seemed to be getting a lot of snaps against the Texans so maybe he is starting to pick up the system.think there was something from Mike Reiss about Hightower maybe been used on the edge and didn't Shea Mcclellin do more pass rushing when he was with the Bears?

with Freeney could he maybe like Chris Long last year where if he can play 50% of the snaps in mainly pass rushing situations then he could be a good pick up.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Sponsored Links


All times are GMT +0. The time now is 11:39 AM.