Pats 2017 season thread - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo

Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > New England Patriots

Sponsored Links

Old 11.07.2017, 06:14 PM
All Pro

Default Pats 2017 season thread

Lets get one of these going...for the few of us still kicking about!

Camp starts in a few weeks, and rarely can I remember us going in with such a depth of talent we have this year. Will be extremely hard for an undrafted rookie to make the team I feel this year, and at RB/WR, there is certain to be a guy or two cut who could do a good job in the league.
Sponsored Links
Old 11.07.2017, 06:32 PM
All Pro

Its certainly true there is more depth this year. I'm convinced Bill has cashed in his chips for one last throw of the dice before #12 retires.
Old 11.07.2017, 06:33 PM
Super Moderator

Congratulations on another Super Bowl victory. Might as well get it out of the way early...
Old 12.07.2017, 06:35 PM
MVP

think apart from a longterm deal for Malcolm Butler is been a perfect off-season.we have kept Hightower at the right price and the trades for Cooks and Allen are great looking replacements for Floyd and Bennett.

the running back depth is scary,could Dion Lewis really be 4th on the depth chart some weeks.

on defence the Gilmore price tag will be talked about alot but sure Belichick will know how to get the best out of him,the Ealy addition is a good one as maybe pass rusher was the one spot we where looking thin at and getting a player in a contract year should get the best out of him.

if we can stay pretty healthy its hard to not see another 12 win season and a bye then its all about proforming in the play-offs.
Old 19.08.2017, 08:06 PM
MVP

"do your job 2" the inside story of the 2016 Patriots will be airing on the NFL network on Wednesday 6th september the same night as the premier of the 2016 America's game which will feature Edelman/Blount/Hightower.
Old 21.08.2017, 02:20 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by lee harris 10 View Post
"do your job 2" the inside story of the 2016 Patriots will be airing on the NFL network on Wednesday 6th september the same night as the premier of the 2016 America's game which will feature Edelman/Blount/Hightower.
Ok I am hyped for this!
Old 21.08.2017, 02:34 PM
All Pro

So which defensive end do you think we'll acquire in a trade? Depth there is non-existant, and starters ain't up to much either...
Old 21.08.2017, 07:10 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rory426 View Post
So which defensive end do you think we'll acquire in a trade? Depth there is non-existant, and starters ain't up to much either...
isn't Dwight Freeney still a free agent,surely a veteran pure pass rusher can come after the season starts and maybe skipping a long preseason will help him stay fresh.

don't know if Belichick really cares about the outside pass rush as much as guys who can set set the edge in the running game.
Old 21.08.2017, 09:15 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by lee harris 10 View Post
isn't Dwight Freeney still a free agent,surely a veteran pure pass rusher can come after the season starts and maybe skipping a long preseason will help him stay fresh.

don't know if Belichick really cares about the outside pass rush as much as guys who can set set the edge in the running game.
Which is why I don't think Freeney is a fit. It's also why I'm thinking they have to make a move at the position because at the moment the edge is being set by Trey Flowers and Nobody Else.
Old 21.08.2017, 09:40 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rory426 View Post
Which is why I don't think Freeney is a fit. It's also why I'm thinking they have to make a move at the position because at the moment the edge is being set by Trey Flowers and Nobody Else.
Ealy seemed to be getting a lot of snaps against the Texans so maybe he is starting to pick up the system.think there was something from Mike Reiss about Hightower maybe been used on the edge and didn't Shea Mcclellin do more pass rushing when he was with the Bears?

with Freeney could he maybe like Chris Long last year where if he can play 50% of the snaps in mainly pass rushing situations then he could be a good pick up.