Quote:
Originally Posted by stocksy View Post
Cheers mate but it’s American’d it...

I’m 10 of 4th not 4th of 10th.....
Ah, well happy belated birthday then...
Old 08.10.2018, 03:12 PM
Super Moderator

Well, that was much more like it!

323 rushing yards is just obscene, congratulations to Crowell for breaking our single game rushing yards record (Powell wasn’t too shabby either!). The OL was outstanding, opened some big holes throughout and never let Miller or Ray get near Darnold.

Hopefully, the “Darnold can’t throw deep” brigade will shut up now. Two perfectly placed TD passes to Anderson, and the third TD to Pryor wasn’t bad either (nice catch too). Not a perfect performance obviously, completion % was poor (though not helped by drops and a couple of missed PI calls) and his accuracy wasn’t always spot on, but it was an encouraging display overall and good to see him being allowed to take a few more shots downfield.

You think Big Cat wanted to silence his critics? Absolutely abused Denver’s OL all game long, and hopefully he can carry that form forward. Onto the Colts next week. Very good chance for us to get back to .500, although it’ll obviously be a huge test for our pass Defense...
Old 09.10.2018, 08:07 AM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayne ellis View Post
Well, that was much more like it!

323 rushing yards is just obscene, congratulations to Crowell for breaking our single game rushing yards record (Powell wasn’t too shabby either!). The OL was outstanding, opened some big holes throughout and never let Miller or Ray get near Darnold.

Hopefully, the “Darnold can’t throw deep” brigade will shut up now. Two perfectly placed TD passes to Anderson, and the third TD to Pryor wasn’t bad either (nice catch too). Not a perfect performance obviously, completion % was poor (though not helped by drops and a couple of missed PI calls) and his accuracy wasn’t always spot on, but it was an encouraging display overall and good to see him being allowed to take a few more shots downfield.

You think Big Cat wanted to silence his critics? Absolutely abused Denver’s OL all game long, and hopefully he can carry that form forward. Onto the Colts next week. Very good chance for us to get back to .500, although it’ll obviously be a huge test for our pass Defense...
Crowell and Pryor are the two players I mentioned in an earlier post as two that have something and that you can really get behind.

I am glad Crowell has been pushed front and centre as I have never seen Powell as a main man... and they both thrived in their new roles IMHO.

Pryor needs now to be used better and when I say better I mean more. I still don't like Anderson but cant knock him for sunday.

Again it very jets to swing from awful to outstanding. I am not excited but Crowell give the primary role at RB is a move made from football intelligence and any sign of that in the Jets camp is most welcome.

Darnold can obviously play and I never liked either of the Josh's but Baker and Sam were both clearly able to do it - and I preferred Sam... so I do think we got "our guy". That's never been the issue for me.
Old 15.10.2018, 03:24 PM
Pro

Weird game yesterday, all in all. Darnold continues to impress, and showed he could get the job done even when the running game is ineffective. Good to see Jermaine Kearse becoming more of a factor, although we may have lost Enunwa for an extended period of time.

The Defense was terrible for the most part. The Colts were without two of their best players, yet Luck still carved up our secondary for much of the night. Obviously 4 takeaways are great, but that’s not going to happen too many times over the course of a season. Sometimes you have to actually be able to force the other team to punt!

Hopefully, we can get Johnson and Skrine back this week, as the Vikings’ Offense is on a different level to anything else we’ve faced this season...
Old 15.10.2018, 07:07 PM
Pro

Marcus Maye’s likely to miss 3-4 weeks with a hand injury...
Old 16.10.2018, 09:01 AM
MVP

Enunwa I am not the biggest fan of so im not that fussed, having said that the major reason I am not a fan is that he doesn't stay injury free for long, he is one id definitely not mind going out the doors.

Maye is a big loss, liking him and he has big plays in him, something we can be lacking.

I haven't seen game this week but winning wasn't a massive shock as Colts rarely do well against us - or at least it seems that way (they probably have beaten us last ten times and ill have egg on my face).

Good to hear Darnold is still impressing. We need to make sure he doesn't become scape goat if it goes south.

Vikes should be interesting.

But all in all... we aren't doing as bad as I thought we would but not sure if that's a good or bad thing as I do believe we need change to challenge and I think an average season will mean no change comes.

Winning the odd game with Darnold feels much better than it has with the last few QBs though... as its feels part of a journey onto something greater... and it hasn't felt like that in a long time.