2016 NFL Draft Prospects Discussion Thread - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > National Football League > NCAA College Football

Old 31.08.2015, 12:56 PM
All Pro

Default 2016 NFL Draft Prospects Discussion Thread

Not sure how much there will be from me this year in this thread - this first post of the season explains - plus quick notes from North Dakota State/Montana.
Old 31.08.2015, 01:22 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by duesouth10 View Post
Not sure how much there will be from me this year in this thread - this first post of the season explains - plus quick notes from North Dakota State/Montana.
Sorry to hear that DS. I'm sure everyone will agree that your contributions here are top notch.
Old 31.08.2015, 01:42 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCunliffe View Post
Sorry to hear that DS. I'm sure everyone will agree that your contributions here are top notch.
Cheers Richard. Kinda hit the wall after the last Draft - thought I would recover, but boy that NDSU/Montana game was a struggle - not a good sign! Never thought it would happen, perhaps a season off? Not sure...
Old 31.08.2015, 01:54 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by duesouth10 View Post
Cheers Richard. Kinda hit the wall after the last Draft - thought I would recover, but boy that NDSU/Montana game was a struggle - not a good sign! Never thought it would happen, perhaps a season off? Not sure...
There is a fine line between doing just enough and 'enjoying' it, and doing too much. You reach saturation point I expect. Plus, when you reach an almost 'industrial scale' of robotically churning out game after game it can become a grind.

I expect once you've had a break from it you'll feel a little differently. It sounds like after the monumental effort you put in last year burn out has kicked in. I'd say have a break and take each week as it comes.
Old 31.08.2015, 02:35 PM
All Pro

Perhaps concentrating on just one of the power 5 conferences would be a good move forwards. It would seem that people are becoming more interested in detailed knowledge that lead to specifics and that might well be a niche in the market.
Old 31.08.2015, 05:18 PM
Super Moderator

Your draft coverage over the years has been epic, DS. Think everyone would understand you taking a step back!
Old 30.11.2015, 03:25 PM
MVP

Looking at the ILB class this year, if you were advising Skai Moore, would you say stay for your senior year, or take a day two drafting this year?
He isn't even mentioned on CBS, but in a poor year for SOuth Carolina he looks a rock solid prospect to me.
Old 30.11.2015, 04:22 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Soul View Post
Looking at the ILB class this year, if you were advising Skai Moore, would you say stay for your senior year, or take a day two drafting this year?
He isn't even mentioned on CBS, but in a poor year for SOuth Carolina he looks a rock solid prospect to me.
For a guy that is only 218lbs he would struggle to get taken higher than day two anyway. For example Telvin Smith came out at 218lbs from FSU after being very successful and only went in the 5th round despite going on to be very good for the Jags these past 2 seasons. I'd expect him to stay in school and be a mid round pick after his senior year.
Old 30.11.2015, 04:33 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris caulfield View Post
For a guy that is only 218lbs he would struggle to get taken higher than day two anyway. For example Telvin Smith came out at 218lbs from FSU after being very successful and only went in the 5th round despite going on to be very good for the Jags these past 2 seasons. I'd expect him to stay in school and be a mid round pick after his senior year.
Didn't Smith have off the field question marks too? Being a 218lbs LB ('tweener') didn't help, but I'm sure there were some other red flags too. I may be wrong.

Haven't seen much of Skai Moore tbh.
Old 30.11.2015, 05:22 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCunliffe View Post
Didn't Smith have off the field question marks too? Being a 218lbs LB ('tweener') didn't help, but I'm sure there were some other red flags too. I may be wrong.

Haven't seen much of Skai Moore tbh.
I don't remember any and a quick look at an old draft preview profile of his doesn't have anything about any either. It did mention he was only a one year starter though, but that isn't much of an issue. I haven't seen much of Moore either by the way, just using Smith as an example of how undersized LB's struggle to get drafted high regardless.