2016 NFL Draft Prospects Discussion Thread - Page 11 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > National Football League > NCAA College Football

Old 04.12.2015, 06:30 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE_TITAN View Post
Hargreaves is a great pure corner but I think Ramsey is the best DB in the draft and has a higher talent level because of his superior athleticism.
I'm really interested to see Hargeaves real height at the combine. I think there is a danger he could be smaller than first thought and will find it very difficult against the truly elite NFL wideouts.
Old 04.12.2015, 09:22 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by FallenFlyer View Post
I'm really interested to see Hargeaves real height at the combine. I think there is a danger he could be smaller than first thought and will find it very difficult against the truly elite NFL wideouts.
I agree - I've seen a lot of him over his at Florida and gets beaten more than his reputation might suggest - and a lot of that is the contested stuff against bigger WR's. I suspect the media are a little too high on him...
Old 04.12.2015, 09:26 PM
All Pro

I've managed to get more games watched in the last 4 weeks - so here's a random notes column with a few thoughts.

One thing I would like to do is give some unpaid NFL Draft writers a plug. So, if you have a favourite, let me know and I'll give them in a mention in my next column (plus I'll be reading more than writing this Draft, so looking for some good reads). It's been so difficult for me to get noticed, indeed I'm done trying, but I think helping others would be good. Have to be unpaid guys as the paid writers can afford their own marketing!!
Old 04.12.2015, 11:51 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by duesouth10 View Post
I've managed to get more games watched in the last 4 weeks - so here's a random notes column with a few thoughts.

One thing I would like to do is give some unpaid NFL Draft writers a plug. So, if you have a favourite, let me know and I'll give them in a mention in my next column (plus I'll be reading more than writing this Draft, so looking for some good reads). It's been so difficult for me to get noticed, indeed I'm done trying, but I think helping others would be good. Have to be unpaid guys as the paid writers can afford their own marketing!!
An interesting read.
Old 05.12.2015, 02:09 AM
All Pro

Quote:

You have a loyal fan base here and we'll happily accept whatever tipbits you give us.

Hopefully you can do a little as a hobby (for me/us) and get back to enjoying it.
Old 05.12.2015, 02:20 AM
All Pro

Quote:
I agree - I've seen a lot of him over his at Florida and gets beaten more than his reputation might suggest - and a lot of that is the contested stuff against bigger WR's. I suspect the media are a little too high on him...
It's always good to know that I'm not the only one who has seen something.

I also noticed that he gets lost in traffic at times which leads to a surprisingly number of big plays. Something that Jason Verett (who is the first name that comes to my mind when looking at him) was very good at despite his shorter stature.
Old 05.12.2015, 10:56 AM
Hall of Fame

Sad to hear James Conner (Pitt.) was diagnosed with stage 2 Hodgkin's lymphoma. Following off the back of tearing his MCL early in the year too.
Old 05.12.2015, 12:01 PM
Hall of Fame

Anyone had a look at Germain Ifredi from Texas A&M?

Obviously watched a lot of A&M but not specific players, some are hoping he could be first or second round but seems a bit high?
Old 05.12.2015, 04:42 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolphin_Akie View Post

Obviously watched a lot of A&M but not specific players, some are hoping he could be first or second round but seems a bit high?
I have him as a solid 2nd round pick who could be plugged into guard immediately and should hopefully develop into a 10 year starting right tackle.

He appears to have great size and length. Anchors well once he has located his man and has shown the ability to hold his ground even against the bull (rush) of the bigger DTs inside.

He's made sizeable improvements from his sophomore year in moving his feet which has seen the straight speed move become less effective and locating the inside blitzer. This would have been the biggest concern coming of his 2014 tape where he seemed to preoccupied with finding the opposing DE that left a whole between him and his guard.

He still struggles with his first step. This has seem him give up a few procedure penalties for false starts (especially against speed rushers). There is also evidence that the spin move inside has worked on occasion due to his flat footedness. Although it should be noted that he has improved in both of these aspects as the season has progressed.

Perhaps the biggest question is his ability to lock down blocks against speed rushers. A few times on screens his man has made the critical tackle having broken off the initial block as well as giving up a number of pressures on second effort rushes. This will surely project against him ever being a left tackle but is fixable trait and even one that is liveable with on the right side of the line.
Old 05.12.2015, 05:16 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolphin_Akie View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by FallenFlyer View Post
I have him as a solid 2nd round pick who could be plugged into guard immediately and should hopefully develop into a 10 year starting right tackle.

He appears to have great size and length. Anchors well once he has located his man and has shown the ability to hold his ground even against the bull (rush) of the bigger DTs inside.

He's made sizeable improvements from his sophomore year in moving his feet which has seen the straight speed move become less effective and locating the inside blitzer. This would have been the biggest concern coming of his 2014 tape where he seemed to preoccupied with finding the opposing DE that left a whole between him and his guard.

He still struggles with his first step. This has seem him give up a few procedure penalties for false starts (especially against speed rushers). There is also evidence that the spin move inside has worked on occasion due to his flat footedness. Although it should be noted that he has improved in both of these aspects as the season has progressed.

Perhaps the biggest question is his ability to lock down blocks against speed rushers. A few times on screens his man has made the critical tackle having broken off the initial block as well as giving up a number of pressures on second effort rushes. This will surely project against him ever being a left tackle but is fixable trait and even one that is liveable with on the right side of the line.
Be interesting to watch some of his tape. Previous A&M OT's have struggled keeping rushers out of their chests (Ogbuehi, Mathews, Joeckel). They've all been touted as 'technicians' rather than having the brute strength to handle defenders or keep them at arms length. Mathews had good feet and an ability to bend, but he tended to allow rushers do get him on his back foot. Ogbuehi was talked about as being able to slide inside, but I never felt he had the raw strength to move people off the LoS. OT's might not exposed in the same way if they transition to guard, but they also have to contend with bigger, stronger interior linemen.

Not sure how Ifredi measures up in terms of arm length etc, but it seems A&M have liked a certain type of tackle in recent years.