2016 NFL Draft Prospects Discussion Thread - Page 2 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > National Football League > NCAA College Football

Old 01.09.2015, 01:45 PM
Hall of Fame

Not in much depth. I started to look into prospects after the draft, just to try and get a better idea of what was out there, but then I took a step back from it.

3 months have been and gone now, so I need to start over. Will probably start to take a look at the 'obvious' candidates next week, especially if I get chance to watch their games.
Old 01.09.2015, 02:14 PM
All Pro

Yeh Goff is one I want to look at more. He is up next along with Kessler and Prescott. Can see Gunner Kiel, and Joshua Dobbs are quite highly rated, but I know very little about them so need to get them watched.

I wish I could enjoy a game and prospect watch at the same time, but when the season comes about, I find myself to engrossed in the games to focus on prospects.
Old 01.09.2015, 02:36 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by b182dammit View Post
Yeh Goff is one I want to look at more. He is up next along with Kessler and Prescott. Can see Gunner Kiel, and Joshua Dobbs are quite highly rated, but I know very little about them so need to get them watched.

I wish I could enjoy a game and prospect watch at the same time, but when the season comes about, I find myself to engrossed in the games to focus on prospects.
Yep, 2 totally different things if you ask me. 'Scouting' and watching are different animals. I find it's all or nothing, it's either robotic analysis or enjoying the game.

Hogan, Goff, Kiel and Kessler are some of the 'Pro Style' offence QB's on my 'scouting list'.
Old 01.09.2015, 03:00 PM
All Pro

Hogan has a lot to prove from what I have seen.

Far too inconsistent even on short throws but then does have these spells where he is NFL ready. Made a very wise choice by going back as he has a chance to prove that he can cut out the silly mistakes.
Old 10.09.2015, 06:48 PM
All Pro

My week one review.
Old 10.09.2015, 07:19 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by duesouth10 View Post
Sounds from your intro like a year watching as a fan and falling in love with the game again could be the way to go.

Last edited by Stu_T; 11.09.2015 at 08:52 AM.
Old 10.09.2015, 07:35 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu_T View Post
Sounds from your intro like a year watching as a fan and falling in love with game again could be the way to go.
This.
Sorry to hear of your troubles Paul, have enjoyed reading your stuff over the past few years, has massively helped me in becoming a college footy fan.
Even if it is to be only periodic musings, I will continue to enjoy reading it and wish you all the best in the coming season, hope you can still enjoy watching.
With that, also all the best with your other writings.

Cheers, Mick
Old 10.09.2015, 09:34 PM
All Pro

I'm always glad when I pick up on someone the same as DS.

The player in question being Monty Adams (DT Auburn) who I hadn't noticed before. I really like the way he look on the Louisville lineman head on which is a must when a DT comes up to NFL level. A few more performances like that and he'll be on a lot of people's radars.
Old 11.09.2015, 07:24 AM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu_T View Post
Sounds from your intro like a year watching as a fan and falling in love with game again could be the way to go.
I think it might well be - my boss doesn't seem to understand my need for me to do less work September-April so I can do Draft stuff
Old 22.09.2015, 12:25 PM
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by duesouth10 View Post
I think it might well be - my boss doesn't seem to understand my need for me to do less work September-April so I can do Draft stuff
Paul, I just wanted to say that I thoroughly enjoy reading your work.

Rest assured that whatever you can manage to put out over the course of the next few months will be gratefully received.