2016 NFL Draft Prospects Discussion Thread - Page 3 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > National Football League > NCAA College Football

Old 23.09.2015, 03:57 PM
Hall of Fame

Myles Jack out for the season with a knee injury.

Just read UCLA had already lost senior CB Fabian Moreau to a foot injury. So that's 2 UCLA draft prospects whose stock will take a hit.

Last edited by RichardCunliffe; 23.09.2015 at 04:09 PM.
Old 23.09.2015, 04:49 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCunliffe View Post
Myles Jack out for the season with a knee injury.

Just read UCLA had already lost senior CB Fabian Moreau to a foot injury. So that's 2 UCLA draft prospects whose stock will take a hit.
Jack has another year left at UCLA I think. He was a true freshman in '13 again I think.
Old 23.09.2015, 05:10 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu_T View Post
Jack has another year left at UCLA I think. He was a true freshman in '13 again I think.
I did wonder about that, so perhaps he might stay in college. Before the injury though I would have thought he'd have been heading to the draft, but perhaps not.

He has an even tougher choice to make now I expect.
Old 23.09.2015, 05:50 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCunliffe View Post
I did wonder about that, so perhaps he might stay in college. Before the injury though I would have thought he'd have been heading to the draft, but perhaps not.

He has an even tougher choice to make now I expect.
The fact that there was talk of him to switch to RB fulltime in the NFL makes it tougher as well if it's true since we know how long they last.
Old 23.09.2015, 06:53 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu_T View Post
The fact that there was talk of him to switch to RB fulltime in the NFL makes it tougher as well if it's true since we know how long they last.
I can't see him making the switch. Look at Shaq Thompson last time round. Lots of talk how he could play both ways, or make a move to RB, didn't happen though.

As you say, RB's have short(er) careers now. I can't see many, if any, players choosing RB over LB if given the choice.
Old 08.10.2015, 05:52 PM
Hall of Fame

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...-qb-jared-goff

7 personnel guys compared Jared Goff to Matt Ryan. No pressure then.
Old 08.10.2015, 07:01 PM
All Pro

Its going to be an interesting year for all the QBs coming out.

Everyone is pretty much in agreement that you need a really good QB to win at the NFL level but there aren't a lot of bad teams looking for a QB (due to either already bringing in a youngster or have big money tied up in an underperforming starter.)
Old 08.10.2015, 07:43 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by FallenFlyer View Post
Its going to be an interesting year for all the QBs coming out.

Everyone is pretty much in agreement that you need a really good QB to win at the NFL level but there aren't a lot of bad teams looking for a QB (due to either already bringing in a youngster or have big money tied up in an underperforming starter.)
I was reading through the NFL.com 'draft order and team needs' article earlier and the same thing crossed my mind. As it stands, the Texans at #6 and the Bears/49ers round out the teams who could need a QB in the top 10. Might be a year that teams try to move up, but that's a long way off and no doubt a lot will change between now and then.
Old 20.10.2015, 02:49 PM
All Pro

Christian Hackenberg. Remember when he was a sure fire high 1st rounder? Now what is he? Watching him play in Franklin's spread is like watching RG3 in a pro style offense - just isn't a fit. I bet someone will think they can repair him - but does he come out as a junior with 2 years poor film; or come back next year in a system that doesn't work for him? Tough decision.

Memphis is the new Alabama on UK TV - they are on every week! So have seen Lynch a lot and I really like him. Looking forward to seeing more of him down the road.

I wasn't a Connor Cook fan last year. Decision making was a big question mark. A late decision is usually a bad one - and he makes too many late ones. Almost has a bit of Tannehill in him - sees it, but waits too long at times. Having said that, some pretty touch passes against Michigan. Other ball placement off though - receivers had to stop and/or adjust.

Really want to see Goff again - first impression from the Utah game was obviously not good, but not fair to judge from one game.

Not a great QB class though. NFL is going to fast become a running league - some great RB's again this year.
Old 20.10.2015, 03:42 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by duesouth10 View Post
Christian Hackenberg. Remember when he was a sure fire high 1st rounder? Now what is he? Watching him play in Franklin's spread is like watching RG3 in a pro style offense - just isn't a fit. I bet someone will think they can repair him - but does he come out as a junior with 2 years poor film; or come back next year in a system that doesn't work for him? Tough decision.

Memphis is the new Alabama on UK TV - they are on every week! So have seen Lynch a lot and I really like him. Looking forward to seeing more of him down the road.

I wasn't a Connor Cook fan last year. Decision making was a big question mark. A late decision is usually a bad one - and he makes too many late ones. Almost has a bit of Tannehill in him - sees it, but waits too long at times. Having said that, some pretty touch passes against Michigan. Other ball placement off though - receivers had to stop and/or adjust.

Really want to see Goff again - first impression from the Utah game was obviously not good, but not fair to judge from one game.

Not a great QB class though. NFL is going to fast become a running league - some great RB's again this year.
First time I'd seen Hackenberg this year against OSU, and he was very poor. His accuracy and touch were poor. They said he was banged up a bit, but even on the easy quick throws he was off. Far from inspiring in his body language too, didn't seem to have much fight about him.

Cook @Michigan showed a willingness to stand in the pocket and make throws. Like you said, good touch on some throws, his receivers let him down on a couple of occasions too. I was actually surprised how much better than Hackenberg he looked.

I wonder about Booker's draft stock. I think he'll be 24 when he enters the draft, so basically that's a one contract back almost. Undoubtedly talented, but miles on the clock and his age might drop he a round or so. I doubt he makes it out of the 3rd round though.