Starting QB discussion - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo

Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Denver Broncos

Sponsored Links

Old 31.08.2016, 09:55 PM
MVP

Default Starting QB discussion

This forum is pretty dead but the new season beckons and I'm sure that our starting QB is gonna be a pretty ongoing issue so might as well have somewhere to discuss it.

Trevor Siemian has been named starter for week 1 but we've still got Sanchez on the roster and Lynch will be breathing down his neck as well. Personally I think we should keep Sanchez and was a bit surprised at the Siemian decision. Sanchez didn't light it up in preseason but then no one did. For all his faults, to go into a new season with just Siemian and Lynch would be a massive gamble and at this stage we're not gonna find a better QB on the market than Sanchez.

Anyway, Siemian week 1 it is, let's hope its a winning start
Sponsored Links
Old 31.08.2016, 10:54 PM
All Pro

The Sanchez situation seems fluid, with the Broncos supposedly speaking to Dallas about them taking him - as Romo's injury will keep him out for a good while. I wonder if the Broncos might look at the terrible injury suffered by Teddy Bridgewater and re-think their apparent desire to move Sanchez on.

At least the situation appears clear - Siemian is the starter, it's his job now to lose, with Lynch being groomed as the next franchise QB.

Where Sanchez ends up fitting into this story is anyone's guess.
Old 01.09.2016, 09:45 AM
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by pozbaird View Post
The Sanchez situation seems fluid, with the Broncos supposedly speaking to Dallas about them taking him - as Romo's injury will keep him out for a good while. I wonder if the Broncos might look at the terrible injury suffered by Teddy Bridgewater and re-think their apparent desire to move Sanchez on.

At least the situation appears clear - Siemian is the starter, it's his job now to lose, with Lynch being groomed as the next franchise QB.

Where Sanchez ends up fitting into this story is anyone's guess.
Big believer in Siemian. Seen a fair bit of him since he was drafted and he's developing nicely.

Never been a Sanchez fan and he's shown me nothing to say he's improved as a player and he's as much of a liability as a rookie. I wouldn't want to give up a late-round pick for a guy prone to screwing things up under pressure.

Tonight's games will be interesting, not least with Lynch slated to play the full game, but there's a lot of other QBs on audition for backup gigs around the league.