Shambles! - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo

Go Back   NFL UK Forums > National Football League > 2019 London Games

Sponsored Links

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 14.10.2018, 11:21 PM
DavidLF's Avatar
DavidLF DavidLF is offline
Starter
 
Join Date: 03.02.2008
Posts: 102
Send a message via ICQ to DavidLF
Default Shambles!

Just about sums up the entry arrangements tonight, I was in Club Wembley (Purple Zone) and the worst I've experienced for any of the NFL games i've attended, which is all 22 of them. Then Club Wembley arrangememts for bars etc, were just as shambolic. It really was an embarassment!!!!!!!!!!!!
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2  
Old 15.10.2018, 09:46 AM
paulwebster09's Avatar
paulwebster09 paulwebster09 is offline
Team Captain
 
Join Date: 17.12.2008
Posts: 348
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidLF View Post
Just about sums up the entry arrangements tonight, I was in Club Wembley (Purple Zone) and the worst I've experienced for any of the NFL games i've attended, which is all 22 of them. Then Club Wembley arrangememts for bars etc, were just as shambolic. It really was an embarassment!!!!!!!!!!!!
David - in what way?

In the lower tier I have to say (and I don't like moaning too much about the NFL days as I feel we are really lucky to get them) but the queues to get in were horrendous due to the new airport style checks, the queues for the food/drink looked as bad as I have ever seen them, the merch sellers were struggling with the sheer volume of customers, no programme sellers away from merch stalls inside the ground and the price of a pint up £1 on last year! All in all the experience for me was a real step backwards this time around. Hopefully it will improve as we go on this season.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 15.10.2018, 09:58 AM
BuffaloG's Avatar
BuffaloG BuffaloG is offline
All Pro
 
Join Date: 12.10.2014
Posts: 4,136
Default

I found it better than usual tbh. I was in green and the fact security was separate from the turnstiles helped speed things up, and they actually enforced their publicised rules for a change
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 15.10.2018, 10:19 AM
paulwebster09's Avatar
paulwebster09 paulwebster09 is offline
Team Captain
 
Join Date: 17.12.2008
Posts: 348
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuffaloG View Post
I found it better than usual tbh. I was in green and the fact security was separate from the turnstiles helped speed things up, and they actually enforced their publicised rules for a change
Yellow was slow, maybe I just arrived at the wrong time - 4.50 from memory. It didn't help that the girl running our queue said the only thing that couldn't go through the scanner was phones and when we got to the front they wanted everything metal including belts!
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 16.10.2018, 09:06 AM
NaitchB Niner's Avatar
NaitchB Niner NaitchB Niner is offline
Pro
 
Join Date: 12.01.2018
Posts: 34
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulwebster09 View Post
Yellow was slow, maybe I just arrived at the wrong time - 4.50 from memory. It didn't help that the girl running our queue said the only thing that couldn't go through the scanner was phones and when we got to the front they wanted everything metal including belts!
Weird. I didn't see anyone in our section having to take off belts. In fact, it said on the scanners you could keep them on didn't it? I try to bring the bare minimal with me to events anyway; I just had phone and keys (I kept my watch on), didn't have a bag. I was through in a breeze. Preferred it to the awkward "pat down" lol
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 16.10.2018, 10:28 AM
paulwebster09's Avatar
paulwebster09 paulwebster09 is offline
Team Captain
 
Join Date: 17.12.2008
Posts: 348
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaitchB Niner View Post
Weird. I didn't see anyone in our section having to take off belts. In fact, it said on the scanners you could keep them on didn't it? I try to bring the bare minimal with me to events anyway; I just had phone and keys (I kept my watch on), didn't have a bag. I was through in a breeze. Preferred it to the awkward "pat down" lol
Maybe I look dodgy, I got the pat down as well!!!
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 16.10.2018, 08:56 AM
NaitchB Niner's Avatar
NaitchB Niner NaitchB Niner is offline
Pro
 
Join Date: 12.01.2018
Posts: 34
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuffaloG View Post
I found it better than usual tbh. I was in green and the fact security was separate from the turnstiles helped speed things up, and they actually enforced their publicised rules for a change
I was in the green zone, too. When I arrived at the line (around 4:10 I think) I saw it was already snaking around and feared I'd be queuing up for ages but it moved along briskly. I was queuing up for merchandise for much, much longer lol
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 15.10.2018, 10:22 AM
DavidLF's Avatar
DavidLF DavidLF is offline
Starter
 
Join Date: 03.02.2008
Posts: 102
Send a message via ICQ to DavidLF
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulwebster09 View Post
David - in what way?

In the lower tier I have to say (and I don't like moaning too much about the NFL days as I feel we are really lucky to get them) but the queues to get in were horrendous due to the new airport style checks, the queues for the food/drink looked as bad as I have ever seen them, the merch sellers were struggling with the sheer volume of customers, no programme sellers away from merch stalls inside the ground and the price of a pint up £1 on last year! All in all the experience for me was a real step backwards this time around. Hopefully it will improve as we go on this season.
All the reasons you've quoted Paul plus the main bar you can now only get in if you have a dinner reservation or approved accreditation (whatever that is). Speaking to people on the door they didn't really know what was going on and were giving out contradictory information. Getting into the stadium was terrible and I have no idea why the queues were like they were having been to the other 21 games and never experienced it. (even at Twickenham). I have been told that they have changed security firm and they possibly messed up tho.
Hopefully next week is better - but my point about embarrassing is that if anyone visited for the first time or from the USA they would see the UK organisation in a really poor light.
PLUS - I am not a moaner normally, honest!
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 15.10.2018, 10:45 AM
CHRISLEONG CHRISLEONG is offline
Pro
 
Join Date: 03.11.2014
Posts: 54
Default

Fortunately we got through the yellow zone security quickly but we got in about 5.30 as most were inside already but can see it would be bad during the peak rush. With the building work funnelling and closure of the righthand ramp is going to cause issues.
Was bad when leaving after the game. Took 40 minutes just to get to Fulton Way.

Learnt lesson and will rather walk long way round to the tube than endure Olympic Way.

The absolute bright spot for us was after getting home and watching Russell Wilson's post game interview and within 2 minutes of it being over, knowing his cap was in my son's hand and now is taking pride of place in the front room. Tops getting hold of AP's gloves from last year or Josh Norman's from the year before that.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 15.10.2018, 10:51 AM
paulwebster09's Avatar
paulwebster09 paulwebster09 is offline
Team Captain
 
Join Date: 17.12.2008
Posts: 348
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHRISLEONG View Post
Fortunately we got through the yellow zone security quickly but we got in about 5.30 as most were inside already but can see it would be bad during the peak rush. With the building work funnelling and closure of the righthand ramp is going to cause issues.
Was bad when leaving after the game. Took 40 minutes just to get to Fulton Way.

Learnt lesson and will rather walk long way round to the tube than endure Olympic Way.

The absolute bright spot for us was after getting home and watching Russell Wilson's post game interview and within 2 minutes of it being over, knowing his cap was in my son's hand and now is taking pride of place in the front room. Tops getting hold of AP's gloves from last year or Josh Norman's from the year before that.
Some nice kit you have bagged their!!!

We left on the 2 min warning and almost got up Olympic way before being stopped right by the station. Friendly security staff said we were literally the first people they had stopped. We waited for all of five mins and were on our way. I was back at my hotel near Bank at around 10.00pm
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Sponsored Links


All times are GMT +0. The time now is 11:18 PM.