........ Denver Broncos Thread - Page 191 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo

Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Denver Broncos

Sponsored Links

Old 11.03.2013, 09:08 PM
Starter

Been meaning to post on here for a while but haven't got round to it.

Excited for Free Agency. Going from reports it looks like a corner, running back and a safety are on our radar. Hopefully Dumervil stays so we don't have to go get someone else. DJ gone, need to add at linebacker, would like someone like Minter in the draft. As well as a DT and i'd love it we get Swope to replace Stokely.
Sponsored Links
Old 12.03.2013, 01:53 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnyw5 View Post
Been meaning to post on here for a while but haven't got round to it.

Excited for Free Agency. Going from reports it looks like a corner, running back and a safety are on our radar. Hopefully Dumervil stays so we don't have to go get someone else. DJ gone, need to add at linebacker, would like someone like Minter in the draft. As well as a DT and i'd love it we get Swope to replace Stokely.
Running back is a need, I hope we get a caliber one so we can have a solid 1-2 punch.

DJ won't be missed, he has underperformed for at least the last 3 years. Minter won't be a good fit in my opinion. He is slow and not bulky, he doesn't play sideline to sideline and was blocked well at times in their bowl game against a Clemson team whose weakness on offense is blocking at the POA. He will fit a 3-4 team very well and has a good football brain, but he won't upgrade our situation.

Same for Swope. If Swope is still there in their in the 4th round he maybe worth a punt put I feel someone will swoop sooner just because of his 40 time. Looking at a sleeper such as Connor Vernon (check his highlight reel) would make sense and is someone who has caught balls from Manning before (last summer).
Old 14.03.2013, 07:25 PM
Starter

Wow, what a day yesterday. Welker is a fantastic piece of business at a great price too. Basically the same salary DJ would of made.

Vasquez was a surprise on Tuesday. That stat of 4 seasons with only 1 penalty against him is impressive. Surely Kuper will be cut now though?

I like the DRC deal. Similar to the Porter deal last season but he has more talent than Porter.

And Bradley will add competition to the LB core and help on special teams. Hope this means Mays will be cut.

Still question marks of the Dumervil deal and if we keep him it will have been a fantastic FA.

What a job Elway has done.
Old 17.10.2013, 04:06 PM
Pro

Apologies for interrupting but I am looking for UK based NFL fans to take part in a new book to be, hopefully, published in December.

I need fans to answer (upto) 8 questions and their answers may be in the book.

The website and questions are here: http://mynflteam.wordpress.com/questions/

Thanks for reading and hope you can take part!
Old 03.02.2014, 03:49 AM
MVP

The things we put ourselves through supporting this team..

Stay proud people
Old 07.02.2014, 01:49 AM
All Pro

Unlucky fellas just a rough day on Sunday!

Saw Del Rio is getting a new two year deal. Thoughts?
Old 08.02.2014, 12:32 PM
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ollyrules View Post
Unlucky fellas just a rough day on Sunday!

Saw Del Rio is getting a new two year deal. Thoughts?
great news, he'll probably leave and become a HC after that though
Old 26.07.2014, 11:49 AM
MVP

I see Mile High is hosting Man United-Roma tonight

Old 19.09.2014, 05:18 PM
Pro Bowler

Might be of interest to some on here

Four Downs: Denver Broncos
1st Down: What do you make of the Broncos’ start to the season?

It’s been the usual standard from this Broncos team, from the sublime to the not quite ridiculous. The offense still looks like the gold standard in the league. The front office made the astute choice that Decker wasn’t going to be value for money with his new contract and Emmanuel Sanders would provide similar production for a much cheaper price; which has been borne out so far.

The defense still has more questions than answers, it looks like an improvement on last year but still hasn’t closed the large gap that the offense often covered up. So far after two games, the defense is the third worst in the league at stopping third down conversions (if there’s any small comfort from that stat, it’s that the Seahawks are currently the worst).

It couldn’t be any more apparent than last Sunday’s divisional matchup with the Chiefs, the Broncos had them on where they wanted them on multiple third and longs, and each time they managed to allow KC to convert, which resulted in the game being for more uncomfortable than it should have. The intense pass rush that was hoped for with Miller and Ware hasn’t quite materialised either.

The rest
http://www.unclesamsports.com/?p=219
Old 23.05.2016, 12:23 PM
All Pro

I'm writing an off-season review for every team and my Broncos review got posted today. Feel free to check it out as I recap their free agency spending and their draft before giving a final review and grade.

http://ontheclockblog.tumblr.com/pos...-season-review