Sponsored Links

Old 10.08.2014, 01:07 PM
MVP

Week 1 in Pre season done.

No injuries woo hoo.
Sponsored Links
Old 11.08.2014, 08:52 PM
Pro Bowler

Not only were there no injuries, but we actually played well. Cooper was disappointing, but I suppose we need to see how he progresses through the pre season.

The two Browns were catching everything and the three QBs were pretty accurate.

For the first time in as long as I can remember there are players on our team who will get cut and who will get a roster spot at another team.

Our secondary was good, but our rush defence needs to improve as does our own running game.

Texans fans need to be worried about their team this season, they were horrible.
Old 16.08.2014, 06:54 PM
MVP

What time is ko uk time? I am knack erred so might crash and set the alarm
Old 17.08.2014, 03:59 AM
MVP

Less to get excited about today, but didn't see any injuries so happy enough
Old 19.08.2014, 03:07 AM
Pro Bowler

Dockett out for the season with torn ACL and MCL
Old 19.08.2014, 08:44 AM
MVP

Minter has a problem. Is being kept out of the rest of the games and they will assess in the run up to week 1. IMO Bishop has made the roster.
Old 19.08.2014, 10:02 AM
All Pro

Dropping like flies. I am worried about the depth we have now. I expect Minter to start the year, have the issue come up again a few weeks in and then surgery.

Id still rather be losing players on the defence than offence as over the past few years I have continually thought we were getting weaker, yet some superb scheme work has seen us overcome that.
Old 19.08.2014, 12:13 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by b182dammit View Post
Dropping like flies. I am worried about the depth we have now. I expect Minter to start the year, have the issue come up again a few weeks in and then surgery.

Id still rather be losing players on the defence than offence as over the past few years I have continually thought we were getting weaker, yet some superb scheme work has seen us overcome that.
I really hope Minter can play. It sounds like Cooper is losing the 'glow' he had with the coaches, with another injury. Watford sounds like he isnt up to much. And the starting Left Guard if Arians is to be believed is the back up Cerntre. So IMO there is enough to wory about on the O without losing 2 starters on D, (Dwash and DD), plus the spectre of losing the new starting MLB.

I asked on the main board. Rucker might be OK filling in at DE for Docket in the 3-4. But what are peoples thoughts on his abilities as a DE in a 4-3? Would Ta'amu play as the extra lineman?
They'd be asking the rookie SS to come up in run support more in that 4-3 look.

I know every team will have to cover injuries. But losing DD after losing Washington is a nightmare.

As an aside I see he has only missed 2 games since he was drafted.
Old 19.08.2014, 05:59 PM
Pro

Send a message via MSN to tomdonlan

Looks like we'll be signing Brett Keisel to fill the Dockett-shaped void in the depth chart; we love our ex-Steelers.

To me Dockett isn't that big a loss; he's past his best, not been that good over the past couple of seasons and I doubt that would have changed this season. We'll survive with Stinson, Rucker, Martin and Keisel rotating as required.

Others seem to see it as a massive loss...
Old 20.08.2014, 08:07 AM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Soul View Post
I really hope Minter can play. It sounds like Cooper is losing the 'glow' he had with the coaches, with another injury. Watford sounds like he isnt up to much. And the starting Left Guard if Arians is to be believed is the back up Cerntre. So IMO there is enough to wory about on the O without losing 2 starters on D, (Dwash and DD), plus the spectre of losing the new starting MLB.

I asked on the main board. Rucker might be OK filling in at DE for Docket in the 3-4. But what are peoples thoughts on his abilities as a DE in a 4-3? Would Ta'amu play as the extra lineman?
They'd be asking the rookie SS to come up in run support more in that 4-3 look.

I know every team will have to cover injuries. But losing DD after losing Washington is a nightmare.

As an aside I see he has only missed 2 games since he was drafted.
We can't be any worse across the OL, so I'm not worried. id rather we were sitting in a prettier position there, but it's still better than it was.

Even though Keisel is a no go, I don't see why Rucker can't do a job. It's behind him that I worry, not sure Martin is anywhere near strong enough to be playing DE in a 3-4.

Losing Washington is the only thing to worry about. Nobody wanted Dansby last year, nobody wanted Abraham, we found guys and got them to perform. We lost 3 LBs for the season early on in one game against the Saints, we overcame that. We should be better in the secondary this year.

Id rather we had Dockett, but I am not all that concerned about his loss aside from a depth standpoint.