"Legal" #toutsout - Page 3 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo

Go Back   NFL UK Forums > National Football League > 2019 London Games

Sponsored Links

Old 06.02.2017, 11:14 AM
Rookie

[QUOTE=fen1kuk;2320251]It shouldn't need the government to get involved as the technology to manage resale or ticket transfer is readily available for any event organiser who cares.

The only piece of legislation that I would like to see is against event organisers who effectively tout tickets themselves. If there are seats that they want to sell at a premium price then that should be reflected in the 'face value'.[/QUOTE

Exactly right, if the tickets cant be sold for profit it defeats the point for touts but doesnt punish genuine fans who cant make the game.
Sponsored Links
Old 07.02.2017, 01:00 PM
Team Captain

Supply and Demand !!

It will be near on impossible to enforce a ban for re-sale of tickets, it's no different to selling a house for 10k over market value.

The only way I can think of that is logical is to make the Season Ticket a Card instead of individual game tickets, whether it be a card for all 4 games or a card for each stadium that should cut the amount of tickets on these re-sale sites, obviously the season ticket could be sold as a whole but this will be less likely to happen, situations then where a group of friends are sharing season ticket (card) would still work.

On Individual game sales there isn't really a way to manage this as anything can happen between purchasing and the event , I suppose if you wanted to stop the over inflated prices the re-sale sites should put a block on selling them for over a % of face value, but they wont as they will lose money that way.

I've accepted about 10 years ago that if I wanted to watch Liverpool in the Champions League that I would have to pay anything close to 4x FV as my chances of getting one on general sale was never going to happen, I was happy to pay that as it was worth it to me. Still don't agree with it, but you have to accept that it happens
Old 07.02.2017, 02:10 PM
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by AddyF87 View Post
Supply and Demand !!

It will be near on impossible to enforce a ban for re-sale of tickets, it's no different to selling a house for 10k over market value.
A house is an asset that belongs to the owner, they can sell it for what they want.

An event ticket is more like a rented house where the contract says you can't sublet.

Someone could take a chance and sublet for a profit, but if the owner finds out they have a choice between letting it happen, or taking the property back and renting to someone else.
Old 07.02.2017, 02:16 PM
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by AddyF87 View Post
On Individual game sales there isn't really a way to manage this as anything can happen between purchasing and the event
The resale process for the Rugby World Cup was pretty good, and the organisers actively cancelled tickets that were being sold outside of the official system.
Old 07.02.2017, 06:20 PM
Team Captain

There are plenty of tales of people buying on the day well below face so it does balance out.Really if you want to go to an event get yourself organised and buy as soon as they go on sale.Unless its a one off show or a smaller venue there are usually ticket drops on the day or the day before an event sometimes you can even get a deal on the secondry sites.They are here to stay it seems.For the NFL, to consider buying before the returns is just plain daft.I'm guessing most make maybe £20-30 per ticket if they are lucky not more.I used to be very much against all this but its here to stay.
Old 03.04.2017, 11:15 AM
Team Captain

It's interesting to see that NFLUK has decided to operate a strict "no reselling of tickets" rule for their live events in London, Liverpool, Nottingham and Edinburgh:

Quote:
"Tickets are strictly not for re-sale. The lead booker must attend the event and present their photo ID in its original form (photocopies will not be accepted) upon entry to the venue. If the lead booker is not present, entry will be denied. There will be no exceptions to this rule."
If they can do this for a small £7 event, why not for Wembley and Twickenham? It makes me think that Ticketmaster are the people holding the strings here. NFLUK must stand up to them.

Last edited by Thistimemaybe; 03.04.2017 at 11:17 AM.
Old 03.04.2017, 11:20 AM
Pro

Ticketmaster has been proven to be the culprit, amongst others. It was there for all to see in a documentary where they pass tickets straight to their own secondary sales site. As ever, nothing has been done about it though.
Old 03.04.2017, 01:46 PM
Team Captain

event organisers like the nfl will never admit it but if there were strict rules about re sales it would take much longer for the venues to sell out and that just wouldn't look good nor support the narrative
Old 03.04.2017, 04:02 PM
Team Captain

Jabb, you're either very naive or an apologist for the touts. The simple fact is these people will only target events that are likely to sell out, otherwise they wouldn't make a profit.

The NFL Live events are likely to sell out (as the London one already has) despite the restrictions that are being imposed, so the touts would have made a nice profit on that one if they had been allowed to. Showing a driving licence or bus pass as you enter is hardly going to slow things down and putting your credit card in a slot while your ticket is scanned at Wembley would be just as simple.

As for your suggestion that the touts only make a few quid while offering a great service to the community (I paraphrase), these people are using electronic means (bots) to acquire large numbers of tickets for the best seats at the point the tickets first go on sale, thus blocking genuine fans out of getting these seats unless they are prepared to pay a significant premium.

They need to be shut down and NFLUK needs to take a stand instead of remaining quiet about the matter. I'd like to see them openly supporting Fan Fair Alliance in their work.
Old 04.04.2017, 10:43 AM
MVP

People do make me laugh - its clear that TM and its deals with sites that sell the same tickets on at a raised price is bad news for everyone but those sites and TM who share the profits.

The old "but when I buy ticket for my Aunt June and then she is ill and I need to sell the tickets" argument gets me everytime - yeah lets let bots buy up in some cases huge percentages of the tickets just in case your Aunt Juney cant make the Cliff Richard gig

And then the.. "but when I go to the states I want to be able to use these re-sellers coz im not organised enough to get them any other way or use the official routes"

Until these automated and unbeatable reselling bots and deals are made illegal we don't actually know what buying tickets for most events would be like.

Id rather that the people holding the event had massively priced tickets for those that miss out and have the money to splash.. at least the money goes to the actual event/organisers/performers rather than a company with a dodgy deal with TM or a bot.

I think legal ticket swap/sell sites should exist... 100% - but for face value (plus obviously a small fee to fund the website) for real fans to sell their tickets for events they can no longer make..

Manchester United had one a few years ago and it worked brilliantly..

There really is no need for anyone to feel like electronic touts need to exist.

Tags
reselling , ticketmaster , tickets , touts , viagogo