........ Denver Broncos Thread - Page 2 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo

Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Denver Broncos

Sponsored Links

Old 31.01.2005, 03:34 PM

Default Re:........ Denver Broncos Thread

[quote author=BioCore link=board=1;threadid=7984;start=0#msg165103 date=1107185126]
we would get more broncos fans if we actually had a page for us. I started it has a joke because i was getting annoyed at the amount of teams pages at the front of the pages. Now i want it to keep going so we might actually get different fans on this board

I can't see why the broncos shouldn't be allowed one when the vikings, cowboys, phins, eagles, bears, packers and others should be allowed one?

AFC West thread is for the division not for the broncos

[/quote]Obviously its not my decision so I can't and aren't saying that you can't have a Broncos thread, the other teams that have a thread actually have more than two fans, alot more. I didn't mean for you to take this the wrong way but to me threads like this just clog up the boards. Have your thread, whatever, but we both know its a waste of space.
Sponsored Links
Old 31.01.2005, 03:34 PM
All Pro

Send a message via MSN to wozzer

I can't see why its a big deal,there's alot of other threads far more pointless than this one,just look.

You don't have to be a Broncos fan to post a reply on this thread.
You might have some opinions on the broncos team yourself,if not don't read it.

I'm myself have a slight interest as i'm picking for the broncos in the fantasy draft and also my best mates a broncos fan.

Anyway back to the questions.

The broncos will go D-Line this year but it all depends on who's left on the board unless they trade up.
You gotta stick with Plummer and with the depth you've got at RB you can let Drounghs go.

I'm gonna PM you BIo about my 2nd round pick,any ideas ?
Old 31.01.2005, 03:40 PM
All Pro

[quote author=Jamie link=board=1;threadid=7984;start=0#msg165110 date=1107185650]
[quote author=BioCore link=board=1;threadid=7984;start=0#msg165103 date=1107185126]
we would get more broncos fans if we actually had a page for us. I started it has a joke because i was getting annoyed at the amount of teams pages at the front of the pages. Now i want it to keep going so we might actually get different fans on this board

I can't see why the broncos shouldn't be allowed one when the vikings, cowboys, phins, eagles, bears, packers and others should be allowed one?

AFC West thread is for the division not for the broncos

[/quote]Obviously its not my decision so I can't and aren't saying that you can't have a Broncos thread, the other teams that have a thread actually have more than two fans, alot more. I didn't mean for you to take this the wrong way but to me threads like this just clog up the boards. Have your thread, whatever, but we both know its a waste of space.
[/quote]

I see this as an important thread for broncos fans and for getting new fans to become broncos fans. There is a reason why there are only two or three broncos fans on this board. Sorry this is a reason there are hardly any chiefs, broncos or chargers fans on this board.

Personally i cant see how this thread is "a waste of space". Personally i see pages such as "first pics from jaxonville" and " the omens look good" as pointless threads as they bring nothing to the board at all.

There is a reason for this thread so its not a waste of space.

Finally it would be great if you stopped spamming it and trying to make it a waste of space
Old 31.01.2005, 03:49 PM
All Pro

Every fan for every team can talk about what they want!
And yes I'd bet alot of money that if this was up and running when the broncos won 32 & 33 there would be alot more than 2 or 3 broncos on it!
so again fair play support your team and feel free to talk about what ever you want my bronco buddies!!

who's your back-up QB, and what happened to bubby brister??
Old 31.01.2005, 03:50 PM
MVP

How can a thread entitled "Denver Broncos Thread" on an NFL forum be pointless?

Who cares if there aren't as many Broncs fans on here as some other teams, that doesn't mean they can't have a thread to talk about their team. If you want pointless I suggest you have a good look around - the 'word association game' thread springs instantly to mind. 80-odd pages of people upping their post count, now that's pointless.
Old 31.01.2005, 03:50 PM
All Pro

[quote author=wozzer link=board=1;threadid=7984;start=0#msg165113 date=1107185677]
I can't see why its a big deal,there's alot of other threads far more pointless than this one,just look.

You don't have to be a Broncos fan to post a reply on this thread.
You might have some opinions on the broncos team yourself,if not don't read it.

I'm myself have a slight interest as i'm picking for the broncos in the fantasy draft and also my best mates a broncos fan.

Anyway back to the questions.

The broncos will go D-Line this year but it all depends on who's left on the board unless they trade up.
You gotta stick with Plummer and with the depth you've got at RB you can let Drounghs go.
I'm gonna PM you BIo about my 2nd round pick,any ideas ?
[/quote]

Gotta agree 100%. Plummer takes far to much stick for how talented he is. People concentrate far to much on his picks rather than what he brings to the team. He brings scrambling ability, big play potential, one of the top passing players on the run and a great QB for our system which isn't great at pass blocking but more suited for run blocking obviously.

Our Rb doesn't have as great a depth as people think. Griffin is coming off IR and im not convinced he is a great running back. Mike anderson is coming off IR as well and id like him to play his rushing FB role which he is used to now. Hearst is retiring most definetly now. Id like the keep droughns but i can see both sides of the agrument for letting him go. He wants to be a starter with starter pay and we can't give him that. Good luck to him if he goes somewhere because i like the guy and he's been great for us.

As for the seoncd pick ill have a look. Im not 100% sure at the min.
Old 31.01.2005, 03:57 PM
All Pro

[quote author=chrisandtuz link=board=1;threadid=7984;start=0#msg165122 date=1107186582]
Every fan for every team can talk about what they want!
And yes I'd bet alot of money that if this was up and running when the broncos won 32 & 33 there would be alot more than 2 or 3 broncos on it!
so again fair play support your team and feel free to talk about what ever you want my bronco buddies!!

who's your back-up QB, and what happened to bubby brister??

[/quote]

thanks for the support chris, duper and wozzer. Didn't expect to get much when i started the thread

Our backup QB at the minute is danny kannel and 3rd choice matt mauck , our 7th round pick this year. I don't really like kannel at all and matt being a 7th rounder shows our depth at backup QB. All ill saw is im glad plummer didn't miss a snap this year

Id like mauck to be backup QB for the time being as he is a rookie and kannel is awful and is old so won't get any better. We could do with picking a QB with our 4th pick or 2nd pick just for a decent backup. In saying that though mauck has improved alot this year and will most definetly become backup and fair play to him for getting it
Old 31.01.2005, 04:02 PM
All Pro

I wouldn't have too much faith in Kannel either!!
Jake was meant to be the man at Arizona but his int rate is way too high, everyone put that down to poor recievers at the cards but obviously theres more to it!
Old 31.01.2005, 04:09 PM
All Pro

[quote author=chrisandtuz link=board=1;threadid=7984;start=15#msg165129 date=1107187366]
I wouldn't have too much faith in Kannel either!!
Jake was meant to be the man at Arizona but his int rate is way too high, everyone put that down to poor recievers at the cards but obviously theres more to it!
[/quote]

Jake had an awful team for years at arizonia and managed somehow to get them to the playoffs and win a game there! Might i add it was there first playoff victory in like 40 years (don't quote me. Its something like that).

Im not going to say that he is the best QB in the nfl because that would be stupid obviously but i do rate him pretty high. He has nearly the tools which you would look for in a great QB.

1. Scrambling ability - Check
2. Accuracy - Check (not amazing but is good most of the time)
3. Power - Check
4. Ability to throw on the run - Check (the best in my opinion)
5. He's a competitor - Most definetly check
6. Team Leader - Check
7. Win a game in the last Quarter - Didn't have nickname "Comeback Kid" for nothing

His big problem is his decision making occasionally. He tries to make a big play when he should just take a sack. I personally like his competivtive nature but sometimes it leads to picks and other nasty things. If he could just try and improve his decision making in clutch situations he would drastically cut down on his picks. Just take a sack jake!

He showed signs of great improvement after his bad spell mid season and im very very happy that they are keeping him on!

Old 31.01.2005, 06:22 PM
All Pro

Think we have to stick withy Jake as on his day he is one of the best.

The trouble being a QB at Denver is the high expectancy of the fans.
We were spoilt for years having an all time great in Elway and every QB we've had since has had a mill stone around their neck as they seem to be compared to him. People see Jake as the man to recapture what we had under John, which lets face it, is gonna be tough for any QB.

As for the running game i would like to see Droughns stay as seeing him partnered with Bell would cause any defense problems.
From what i've seen, Bell has the potential, maybe this could be his year? The guy has amazing speed.

What do you guys think of the receivers? Lelie has established himself but with Rod Smith approaching the end of his career and IMO the jury still out on Darius Watts, do we need to bring another top quality receiver?