........ Denver Broncos Thread - Page 3 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo

Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Denver Broncos

Sponsored Links

Old 31.01.2005, 06:49 PM
All Pro

Default Re:........ Denver Broncos Thread

God, will you two Denver Broncos fans just stop talking about the Denver Broncos. Sheesh.

Hey Danguard, remember when we first met?....the instant chemistry between us, the love shown for one another?

http://www.nfluk.com/usersession.php...d=3097;start=0

Those were the days. Pure unadulterated hatrid.......until things got all democratic and civil towards the end....pah!

I HATE YOU!
Sponsored Links
Old 31.01.2005, 08:32 PM
All Pro

Send a message via MSN to danguardace

Gee Nick I never realised how bad some of that was.

Anyway I think we both mellowed out, back then I think we both had about 150 post and were snot nosed Rookies.

But yeah I still Hate Denver, whats funny is when I met my fiancee she had a Broncos Jersey from and ex boyfriend gee that hurt. no matter what I said she could not understand how worked up I got.
Old 31.01.2005, 09:15 PM
All Pro

[quote author=Danguardace Formation link=board=1;threadid=7984;start=15#msg165370 date=1107203533]

Anyway I think we both mellowed out, back then I think we both had about 150 post and were snot nosed Rookies.

But yeah I still Hate Denver, whats funny is when I met my fiancee she had a Broncos Jersey from and ex boyfriend gee that hurt. no matter what I said she could not understand how worked up I got.
[/quote]

Good Girl!! ;D

That gave me a good chuckle
Old 31.01.2005, 09:22 PM
All Pro

Send a message via MSN to danguardace

[quote author=UKBronco link=board=1;threadid=7984;start=15#msg165396 date=1107206105]
[quote author=Danguardace Formation link=board=1;threadid=7984;start=15#msg165370 date=1107203533]

[/quote]

Good Girl!! ;D

That gave me a good chuckle
[/quote]

He was a cowboy fan apparently ??? We are going to live in Florida soon and she says she will start following either Jacksonville or Tampa. I can live with that.

Anyway I think she has thrown it out, I aint seen it since she said she had a Bonfire and burned a load of old rubbish. 30 Terrell Davis ISSSH!!!

Thats a good dirl.
Old 31.01.2005, 09:37 PM
Starter

[quote author=THEDRIVE87 link=board=1;threadid=7984;start=15#msg165247 date=1107195772]
Think we have to stick withy Jake as on his day he is one of the best.

The trouble being a QB at Denver is the high expectancy of the fans.
We were spoilt for years having an all time great in Elway and every QB we've had since has had a mill stone around their neck as they seem to be compared to him. People see Jake as the man to recapture what we had under John, which lets face it, is gonna be tough for any QB.

As for the running game i would like to see Droughns stay as seeing him partnered with Bell would cause any defense problems.
From what i've seen, Bell has the potential, maybe this could be his year? The guy has amazing speed.

What do you guys think of the receivers? Lelie has established himself but with Rod Smith approaching the end of his career and IMO the jury still out on Darius Watts, do we need to bring another top quality receiver?
[/quote]

Personally i think this should be Smiths last season, he should leave on a high and not spiral down. This means we will need to get a decent WR In the draft, but we really need a decent D line though so thats what we should be focusing on. I would love to see Droughns stay on though i really hope he doesn't go, hes a legend
Old 01.02.2005, 08:32 AM
All Pro

[quote author=UKBronco link=board=1;threadid=7984;start=15#msg165273 date=1107197348]
God, will you two Denver Broncos fans just stop talking about the Denver Broncos. Sheesh.

Hey Danguard, remember when we first met?....the instant chemistry between us, the love shown for one another?

http://www.nfluk.com/usersession.php...d=3097;start=0

Those were the days. Pure unadulterated hatrid.......until things got all democratic and civil towards the end....pah!

I HATE YOU!
[/quote]

I was getting sick of the "who has the best/worst uniform" threads and the millions of threads like "pics of jacksonville" so why not make a thread that we can have a meanful conversation in.

I remember during preseason when i joined up we had a big debate who was going to win at mile high. We all know how that turned out don't we dan?

I liked you in a denver helmet. It suited you
Old 01.02.2005, 08:43 AM
All Pro

[quote author=THEDRIVE87 link=board=1;threadid=7984;start=15#msg165247 date=1107195772]
Think we have to stick withy Jake as on his day he is one of the best.

The trouble being a QB at Denver is the high expectancy of the fans.
We were spoilt for years having an all time great in Elway and every QB we've had since has had a mill stone around their neck as they seem to be compared to him. People see Jake as the man to recapture what we had under John, which lets face it, is gonna be tough for any QB.

As for the running game i would like to see Droughns stay as seeing him partnered with Bell would cause any defense problems.
From what i've seen, Bell has the potential, maybe this could be his year? The guy has amazing speed.

What do you guys think of the receivers? Lelie has established himself but with Rod Smith approaching the end of his career and IMO the jury still out on Darius Watts, do we need to bring another top quality receiver?
[/quote]

I think that we have another year left in smith at least. He showed no signs of letting up this year and got over 1000 yards receiving. He's our best possession recevier and i really want him to stay on. He's a broncos legend and has the perfect team attitude.

Lelie has ,as you said, established himself this year definetly. He's one of the best WR's at catching the deep ball because thats all he seems he can do! He needs to be able to catch short pass gains and maybe improve his consistency in the short passing game but im liking how he is developing as a go to receiver. He will become our go to receiver in a few years and will become a great player.

Watts was a rookie last year and obviously made rookie mistakes in clutch situations. Personally i like the guy but he does need to improve. This year will be a big year for him. He wont be a rookie anymore and the fans won't forgive him if he makes the same sort of mistakes. I think he will develop into a good possession WR and i hope he improves this year.

We can't afford to go into free agency this year and get a big receiver and i dont think we really need one desperately. Maybe next year we could do with a good one but wait and see what happens.

If it aint broke don't fix it i say and both WR's got over 1000 yards
Old 01.02.2005, 06:43 PM
All Pro

I agree with you on that one but if this is Smiths last season then i think we should plan ahead and maybe bring someone in who has proved themselves as a qaulity receiver cos we dont want to be in a situation with an untested player, or bringing in a rookie when we need a bit of stability going into the season.
Old 01.02.2005, 07:21 PM
All Pro

Send a message via MSN to ThaDon

personally i dont think watts ia as good as the broncos think, he wont replace smith
Old 01.02.2005, 07:29 PM
All Pro

[quote author=ThaDon link=board=1;threadid=7984;start=15#msg166063 date=1107285712]
personally i dont think watts ia as good as the broncos think, he wont replace smith
[/quote]

No one expects him to, Smith is the greatest wide receiver in Bronco history and a fans favouite, replacing him will be a tough task for anyone.

Watts is ok but dont forget he has only played one season, we can make a better judgement on him after the next season.