........Dallas Cowboys thread - Page 53 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo

Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Dallas Cowboys

Sponsored Links

Old 11.04.2007, 09:31 PM
Starter

Default Re:........Dallas Cowboys thread

A bit of a flip from last seasons schedule in that we've a few away games nr the back end. In saying that having the home games late on hardly helped...we lost'em all!!

Playing the AFC East is gonna be mighty tough as the Bills and Dolphins are gonna be decent this year I reckon. Pats & Jets are deffo gonna be their at the end of the season too.

As for TV we've definitely got 6 games at least on the unusual times (MNF, SNF, Sat, Thu) which will be on Five or Sky late night. Add in the Cowboys MASSIVE STATURE for viewers and we're looking, as you say, for there being at least 10 matches on live.

Better get out the holiday sheet at work.
Sponsored Links
Old 29.04.2007, 09:09 AM
All Pro

Send a message via ICQ to nflbuzzman Send a message via AIM to nflbuzzman Send a message via MSN to nflbuzzman Send a message via Yahoo to nflbuzzman Send a message via Skype™ to nflbuzzman

As all the other teams are doing lets get our thread going. Draft so far, ima not a liking in the words of luigi. We should hope that the cleveland clowns suck this year so we can have a top 10 and a 32nd draft pick [hopefully]. Well, mid twenties, win a playoff game and thats enough for me this year. Thoughts ???

[move][shadow=red,left]Go Cowboys[/shadow][/move]
Old 04.05.2007, 12:46 PM

Now, we've had a week removed from the draft, I thought I would try and spark a bit debate over how we feel it went.

Round 1 - Anthony Spencer - DE/OLB - Purdue
Firstly, the deal with Cleveland was an excellent move. Gives two round 1 picks next year, and i gotta believe Jones is eyeing McFadden coming to Texas, utlising these two picks.
It seems that the Cowbys probably got who they wanted at the start and from what I have seen of Spencer last season, I like him a lot.

Like, all the players drafted this year, he is an awesome athlete. I fancy this may mean the end for Greg Ellis and possibly Bradie James. Bobby Carpenter might end up inside alongside Ayodele, because James is shocking in pass coverage, with Ellis starting and Spencer getting more and more time.
It was a surprising pick in a way since all indications were always about secondary and wide receiver, but I suppose for the guy who made Merriman a star, Spencer was a fairly logical choice.

Round 3 - James Marten - OT - Boston College
We'll forget the college he came from :P but again, a solid tackle. Not seen loads of him, but he's just sort of a dependable guy. And a monster frame to boot.

Round 4 - Isaiah Stanbeck - QB - Washington
Dallas' new project. He's a phenomenal athlete, but is far far away from being a polished performer at any position in the NFL. I fancy (particulary after one of the UDFA we got) that they see him as a Randle-El. The kind of guy you work onto the field just because of the skill set available.

Round 4 - Doug Free - OT - Northern Illinois
More of a project than Marten, but I loved this pick! Huge frame, great athlete, I can see him anchoring the right end of Dallas' line for years.

Round 6 - Nick Folk - K - Arizona
For my money, we got the best kicker in the draft. Crosby is over-rated. This guy is clutch - at college level. I hope he transfers it to the big time.

Round 6 - Dean Anderson - FB - Connecticut
Intriguing pick this one. What does it mean for Polite and Hoyte? Mind you, I know next to nothing about Anderson.

Round 7 - Courtney Brown - CB - Cal Poly and Alan Ball - CB - Illinois
Dont know anything about them. Probably got something that could evolve into something.

Undrafted Free Agents
Two I like. Matt Moore - QB at Oregon State. This leads me to believe that Stanbeck is not destined to play QB at any time, and for any length of time in Dallas.
RB/FB - Jackie Battle - from Houston. Big strong, versatile, and a nice foil for Kolb in Houston. A good move IMO.

be interesting to see how it pans out...
Old 04.05.2007, 01:25 PM
All Pro

Someone on a steeler forum was going mad about that Jackie Battle charachter, saying we should pick him up!

So he could come good for you.

I also like your Spencer pick, he could be real good.

Not overly convinced about the rest of your draft mind . . .

Note: Steelers 7th rounder Dallas Baker, was named after the Dallas Cowboys, his dad is a big fan, so quite what they think of him becoming a Steeler lord only knows!
Old 04.05.2007, 02:01 PM

[quote author=Terrible Towel link=board=1;threadid=7996;start=510#msg651595 date=1178285140]
I also like your Spencer pick, he could be real good.

Not overly convinced about the rest of your draft mind . . .

[/quote]

They really went for the athletes.

To be fair, free agency plugged the major holes, so I guessed they felt they could go with project players, which is certainly what this crop are.
Old 04.05.2007, 02:19 PM
All Pro

They really went for the athletes.

as we did, hard to see anyone above round three of our draft making a major contribution in 07.

Although our RFA from U of Minnesota RB Gary Russell, could see playing time, because we are quite light at RB, depends if he can pull his finger out or not, he sounds like a disaster, but you can't argue with 18 td's and a 6.1 yard average!

Anyway enough pleasentries, . . . I hate your Crygirls!
Old 04.05.2007, 04:49 PM
All Pro

Send a message via ICQ to nflbuzzman Send a message via AIM to nflbuzzman Send a message via MSN to nflbuzzman Send a message via Yahoo to nflbuzzman Send a message via Skype™ to nflbuzzman

After my previous whining, sorry darlo. :-[ Anyway, after seeing the draft we hardly have any gaps at all. Will be nice to see some action from spencer this year. We could soon have an amazing linebacker core with spencer ware and big bobby :P. Some of our picks sure interesting, but we`ll see in a few years how they will do. Cant wait for the season. GO COWBOYS.
Old 14.05.2007, 07:44 PM
All Pro

JUst a new member to forums, have recently signed to others Im a general sport nut, Cowboys, liverpool FC, Hull Fc (Rugby league) so will try to post throughout the year this year just hope we have more games on sky so we can see how the 'boys do.
Old 14.05.2007, 07:51 PM
All Pro

[quote author=adeace link=board=1;threadid=7996;start=525#msg657775 date=1179171867]
JUst a new member to forums, have recently signed to others Im a general sport nut, Cowboys, liverpool FC, Hull Fc (Rugby league) so will try to post throughout the year this year just hope we have more games on sky so we can see how the 'boys do.
[/quote]

Welcome Aboard...... It`s a real shame, for some reason the Cowboys post is always dead, compared tp the raiders and patriots threads that are always in discussion. No replies in 10 days, it`s not as if we don`t have many Cowboys around here.
Old 14.05.2007, 07:55 PM
All Pro

yeh i'll try and post whenever I can esp. once the season gets underway laptop and sky on on a sunday night, I did that most the time last year looking at the nfl mainsite getting score updates, anyway, lets hopefully make the play offs this year and go from there, see if we can get momentum going into play offs rather than this years damp squib