Who would you like to see Denver select with the 2nd Pick? - Page 2 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Denver Broncos

Old 09.01.2011, 04:07 PM
Team Captain

Posted in wrong thread!!

Last edited by Roc Hoover; 09.01.2011 at 09:04 PM.
Old 12.01.2011, 08:43 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roc Hoover View Post
I really don't know what's best to do with this pick, at first I was thinking go with CB Patrick Peterson,
we have needs all over our defence, I'd like to see us build from the inside out.

How about Nick Fairley (I know he plays in a 4-3 now but) or Marcel Dareus
Old 23.01.2011, 04:56 PM
Team Captain

I guess the direction our draft will go will depend on if we go back to a 4:3 front? Fox ran a 4:3 in Carolina but it seems we could be waiting on interviewing Trgovac once the Packers are done! Will this mean we are still interested in a three man front or go with some hybrid packages?
Personally I'd like us to try a 4:3 defense as I believe Doom and possibly Ayers could be adequate ends and DJ would be better on the outside. Fairly to me is an intriguing pick and if the other two guys work out could give us a decent line, providing he pans out and plays to his potential. That being said the more I read about and watch of Peterson makes me believe that we'd be fools to pass on the best available player!!
Old 23.01.2011, 10:45 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kase View Post
How about Nick Fairley (I know he plays in a 4-3 now but) or Marcel Dareus
Would take Bowers, Quinn or Austin as D linemen over any of the above in all honesty. It is a good draft for DL and I should imagine that we will pick up some talent here.

I am not a great fan of Patrick Petersen and think a 2nd pick on a CB is high especially as this is another area which is deep in the draft.
Old 23.01.2011, 11:35 PM
Team Captain

What is the chance we could get jimmy Smith in the second round?
Old 23.01.2011, 11:53 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomersetBroncos View Post
What is the chance we could get jimmy Smith in the second round?
I think there is a good chance that we could get him in the 2nd round. Quite a decent corner. With the likes of Brandon Hogan, Ras-I Dowling, Rashard Carmichael, Aaron Williams and Brandon Harris in this year's draft I don't see why we don't get a couple of corners!
Old 26.01.2011, 04:46 PM
Pro

I'd be more than happy with Bowers or Fairley (Fairley more so I think) We need to shore up our D-line more than anything.

I really hope Cox doesn't go down for whatever happened (but if he deserves it then fair enough). Would love to see him on 1 side and Champ signing and staying on the other. I've seen enough of Perrish to see that he has the talent, just needs to cut out the rookie mistakes...

April should be interesting
Old 01.02.2011, 12:36 PM
All Pro

On the subject of CBs, I quite liked Kendric Burney at the Senior Bowl.

(Assuming Carolina take Fairley) It boils down to whether the 2nd round carries better value on D-line after taking PP7 in the 1st, or Secondary after taking Bowers in the 1st. Personally, I'd take Bowers in the 1st and hope on a decent CB or S for our first 2nd rounder, while taking an ILB with our second 2nd rounder. I'd then take another DB (whatever we didn't take in the 2nd) in the 3rd. In the 6th and 7th I'd take one each of another OL & DL, depending on who's best by the 6th.
Old 05.02.2011, 02:00 AM
Team Captain

I'm surprised no one else is concerned that we have no running game to speak of. I know a lot of that has to do with the young offensive line but I'm not good with bringing back Moreno, Buck, and Ball (or Hall.) I agree that the defense has to be addressed first but I'd like to pick up a strong RB in round 2. I don't see Moreno carrying the show by himself yet and we won't win many games with these guys in the backfield.
Old 13.02.2011, 09:17 AM
Haryer

Default Who would you like to see Denver select with the 2nd Pick

Not that I doubt you, but has anyone in the Denver organization said that these two guys are being converted to safety?