Watch the 2016 International series games announced LIVE on Sky Sports News - Page 12 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > National Football League > 2019 London Games

Old 25.11.2015, 03:26 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by waggit View Post
The match ups look ok. The Bungles are a team I wanted to see as are the Rams. Just not keen on Twickenham though. Anybody been for the rugby, how did the trains handle the mass of fans? Just hoping they release all the kick off times before ticket sales to see if I can afford to renew my season ticket or just go for an individual game. The trains and hotels are the expensive bit.
Last time I went to Twickenham for an England rugby match (about 10 years ago) there were massive queues just to get into the train station. Southworst trains appeared to make no effort to put on extra services, or have existing ones make an extra stop. Maybe it has improved since. If not, the best bet is to either plan to spend at least a couple of hours in a pub or restaurant after the game, or walk to Richmond (about 20-30 mins from the stadium) and get on the tube.

I wonder if the NFL is actually aware of how dire the transport links are to Twickenham?
Old 25.11.2015, 03:27 PM
GOAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincent View Post
We sat in the top tier front 20 rows sideline section and it was £75 a ticket and the best view we've had in the years of going.

Edit - guess I was where Csonk was without having the season ticket discount.
You must have been more middle sideline then as I think the prices for me would have been about 67 a seat without the discount??
Old 25.11.2015, 03:27 PM
MVP

Probably going to do what we did last year - get a bunch of season tickets and then split them between various people so that not everyone needs to go to every game but everyone gets the benefit of the season ticket price saving and we all get to sit together. Personally I think I will go to 2 games and probably the two Wembley ones just from a travel perspective. I live the other side of London and Twickenham is a pain to get to for me so it would have required a Steelers game or Packers-Seahawks or something to get me over there.
Old 25.11.2015, 03:29 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincent View Post
We sat in the top tier front 20 rows sideline section and it was £75 a ticket and the best view we've had in the years of going.

Edit - guess I was where Csonk was without having the season ticket discount.
Cheers Vincent
Old 25.11.2015, 03:31 PM
All Pro

I can only attend the Jags - Colts game due to the other two clashing with an already-booked holiday.

Looking forward to the Jags - Colts game and another enjoyable London Friday - Monday holiday, meeting fellow NFL fans and generally enjoying the nation's capital and a great sporting event in a superb stadium.
Old 25.11.2015, 03:31 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by FallenFlyer View Post
Rams will be an interesting case study for the early kickoffs.

They are in the central zone so an early kick off would be an even earlier kick off for them body-clock wise than previous teams. It may be that they choose to have that game later.
raiders came over this year did they not? with that game kicking off at what about 4-5am?
Old 25.11.2015, 03:34 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by tksgtmason View Post
raiders came over this year did they not? with that game kicking off at what about 4-5am?
I thought the Raiders came over in 2014 and had a 16.00 kick off?
Old 25.11.2015, 03:35 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by FallenFlyer View Post
I thought the Raiders came over in 2014 and had a 16.00 kick off?
They kicked off at 6pm which was the equivalent of an away game on the East coast for them.
Old 25.11.2015, 03:36 PM
Pro Bowler

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Rodgers Neighbourhood View Post
Last time I went to Twickenham for an England rugby match (about 10 years ago) there were massive queues just to get into the train station. Southworst trains appeared to make no effort to put on extra services, or have existing ones make an extra stop. Maybe it has improved since. If not, the best bet is to either plan to spend at least a couple of hours in a pub or restaurant after the game, or walk to Richmond (about 20-30 mins from the stadium) and get on the tube.

I wonder if the NFL is actually aware of how dire the transport links are to Twickenham?
Oh crickey ! I've got a back problem ( thank you so much work ) which means walking or standing for a prolonged length of time is excruciating. If kick off is early then I'm going to struggle to get there on time (thank you Sunday public transport ). Looks like I'm going to ditch the season ticket and just go for the Bungles I'm sorry Bengals game.
Old 25.11.2015, 03:38 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolphin_Akie View Post
They kicked off at 6pm which was the equivalent of an away game on the East coast for them.
So even later than I thought.

So the Rams game really will be an experiment if they choose to have it at 13.00.