Watch the 2016 International series games announced LIVE on Sky Sports News - Page 13 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > National Football League > 2019 London Games

Old 25.11.2015, 03:38 PM
Team Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by European Bob View Post
...Personally I think I will go to 2 games and probably the two Wembley ones just from a travel perspective. I live the other side of London and Twickenham is a pain to get to for me so it would have required a Steelers game or Packers-Seahawks or something to get me over there.

Really?? Boo-Hoo - from those of us that have to actually TRAVEL to games.
Old 25.11.2015, 03:39 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by tksgtmason View Post
raiders came over this year did they not? with that game kicking off at what about 4-5am?
Raiders had a 6pm kickoff, which was the same for them as a 1pm Eastern kickoff, 10am local time.

The Chiefs kicked off at 8:30am local time, although you could argue that it was only really like a 5 hour time difference (9:30am) because when they left the US to come here our clocks had gone back and America's hadn't, thus KC was an hour closer than normal. The US clocks only went back the night before kickoff, by which time of course the Chiefs were already in the UK.

I think in future the sensible thing for London is afternoon kickoffs for teams in eastern/central, but evening kickoffs for teams in mountain/pacific time zones. Nobody next year will be further behind us than central time (6 hours).
Old 25.11.2015, 03:41 PM
GOAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2-Minuteman View Post
Yeah I thought this was a bit . wishy washy.. I mean people travel from other countries as well as up and down our own land and so to complain about a trip across London.. hmmm..
Old 25.11.2015, 03:43 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by FallenFlyer View Post
So even later than I thought.

So the Rams game really will be an experiment if they choose to have it at 13.00.
Certainly would be, can't imagine there fans being happy if they did 1.30pm KO as that would be 7.30am for them.
Old 25.11.2015, 03:46 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2-Minuteman View Post
If you read carefully (it's difficult, I know) you'll note that I didn't say I was only going to 2 games BECAUSE one of them was at Twickenham, I said I was going to 2 games and on that basis I will go to the Wembley games because it's easier for me to get there.

And you don't have to travel to games (viewing is not mandatory), you choose to. You decide what you're willing and not willing to do. If I would rather go to Game A than Game B because Game A is easier to get there, that's my prerogative.
Old 25.11.2015, 03:46 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by European Bob View Post
Raiders had a 6pm kickoff, which was the same for them as a 1pm Eastern kickoff, 10am local time.

The Chiefs kicked off at 8:30am local time, although you could argue that it was only really like a 5 hour time difference (9:30am) because when they left the US to come here our clocks had gone back and America's hadn't, thus KC was an hour closer than normal. The US clocks only went back the night before kickoff, by which time of course the Chiefs were already in the UK.

I think in future the sensible thing for London is afternoon kickoffs for teams in eastern/central, but evening kickoffs for teams in mountain/pacific time zones. Nobody next year will be further behind us than central time (6 hours).
this year the raiders wembley game was 6pm?
Old 25.11.2015, 03:47 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by FallenFlyer View Post
So even later than I thought.

So the Rams game really will be an experiment if they choose to have it at 13.00.
As I said already, St Louis is on the same time zone as Kansas City. And it was fine for the Chiefs.
Old 25.11.2015, 03:48 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Csonka#39 View Post
Yeah I thought this was a bit . wishy washy.. I mean people travel from other countries as well as up and down our own land and so to complain about a trip across London.. hmmm..
Ooh look, another poster who can't read posts properly.
Old 25.11.2015, 03:49 PM
Hall of Fame

apologies i thought they were this year, they were not.
Old 25.11.2015, 03:49 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by tksgtmason View Post
this year the raiders wembley game was 6pm?
There was no Raiders game this year...