Watch the 2016 International series games announced LIVE on Sky Sports News - Page 14 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > National Football League > 2019 London Games

Old 25.11.2015, 03:50 PM
Team Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by European Bob View Post
If you read carefully (it's difficult, I know) you'll note that I didn't say I was only going to 2 games BECAUSE one of them was at Twickenham, I said I was going to 2 games and on that basis I will go to the Wembley games because it's easier for me to get there.

And you don't have to travel to games (viewing is not mandatory), you choose to. You decide what you're willing and not willing to do. If I would rather go to Game A than Game B because Game A is easier to get there, that's my prerogative.
I quote - "I live the other side of London and Twickenham is a pain to get to for me"

Boo Hoo. I live the other side of the Country and LONDON is a pain to get to for me.
Old 25.11.2015, 03:52 PM
Starter

Quote:
Ooh look, another poster who can't read posts properly.
This all got a bit knicker-twisty
Old 25.11.2015, 03:56 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2-Minuteman View Post
I quote - "I live the other side of London and Twickenham is a pain to get to for me"

Boo Hoo. I live the other side of the Country and LONDON is a pain to get to for me.
But I was still going to go to 2 games, whether there were 3 at Wembley or 3 at Twickenham!!!

What business is it of yours how I reach a decision as to which 2 I attend?

As to how far you personally travel for games, why do I care? It's not my fault the NFL doesn't go to wherever you're from. Does it make you more of a fan if you travel further for the game?

I travelled to the US for games this year so if I can and want to go to a game, I will go, don't worry about that.
Old 25.11.2015, 03:58 PM
Pro

I went to two England games at Twickenham for the RWC, transport can be annoying, but not the be all and end all, it's a much better stadium than the Royal Wembley Hospital, and has obviously just undergone loads of work for the World Cup.

From what I have seen, Season Tickets go on sale 3rd December I think for people who had them last year, then there is what, normally about a period of a month after that for season tickets, and then about a week or so after individual games go on sale.

Kick off times, I would imagine they keep them early, like the latest experiment, it's good for us if they do, as fans we get to see the football after too.

Definitely renewing my season tickets if only to see the Colts!
Old 25.11.2015, 04:00 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Rodgers Neighbourhood View Post
Last time I went to Twickenham for an England rugby match (about 10 years ago) there were massive queues just to get into the train station. Southworst trains appeared to make no effort to put on extra services, or have existing ones make an extra stop. Maybe it has improved since. If not, the best bet is to either plan to spend at least a couple of hours in a pub or restaurant after the game, or walk to Richmond (about 20-30 mins from the stadium) and get on the tube.

I wonder if the NFL is actually aware of how dire the transport links are to Twickenham?
If they do the same as the Rugby World Cup it should be an improvement, I went to three games including the Eng v Wales match and was able to get back to East London in just over one hour, because there were hundreds of buses ferrying people to Richmond and Central London direct from Twickenham my advice would be get tickets in East or South stand for an early exit.
Old 25.11.2015, 04:11 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2-Minuteman View Post
Oh, I'm not worried (don't know why you thought I would be) one tiny Iota. Still doesn't prevent you coming across as a London-centric, wannabe-entitled <self-censored>. Still, you are what you are.
What part of "I was only going to go to 2 games anyway" can you not get your head around? If all 3 games had been Wembley games, I still wouldn't have gone to all 3. Not that I owe you an explanation, but you've made a point of it so: we will have our first baby just a few months before the 2016 games start. While I can probably get away with leaving Mrs EB alone all day for one Sunday, maybe two, there's no way I'm disappearing off for 3 Sundays out of 5, especially two weekends back to back. Hope this meets with your approval.

Last edited by European Bob; 25.11.2015 at 04:15 PM.
Old 25.11.2015, 04:11 PM
Super Moderator

Chill out , please folks.
Old 25.11.2015, 04:19 PM
Team Captain

Wish I had some popcorn to watch this fight, great stuff!
Old 25.11.2015, 04:20 PM
All Pro

Quote:
What part of "I was only going to go to 2 games anyway" can you not get your head around? If all 3 games had been Wembley games, I still wouldn't have gone to all 3. Not that I owe you an explanation, but you've made a point of it so: we will have our first baby just a few months before the 2016 games start. While I can probably get away with leaving Mrs EB alone all day for one Sunday, maybe two, there's no way I'm disappearing off for 3 Sundays out of 5, especially two weekends back to back. Hope this meets with your approval.
I wouldn't buy those tickets too soon EB. Trust me, that first baby is an absolute social situation killer; you'll be lucky if you know what day it is let alone making 2 Sundays out and about.
Old 25.11.2015, 04:24 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by LesterHayes View Post
I wouldn't buy those tickets too soon EB. Trust me, that first baby is an absolute social situation killer; you'll be lucky if you know what day it is let alone making 2 Sundays out and about.
hehe. That's experience speaking right there