The end of Chip??? - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Philadelphia Eagles

Old 21.09.2015, 10:04 AM
All Pro

Default The end of Chip???

I may have lost faith.

We've been thrown a bone with the Giants giving away games and Tony Romo. The Redskins got a win but are they good enough to keep it up for the year? I doubt it.

We really do look quite weak on offence. Terrible actually. Something I can't believe I'm saying considering I thought we'd blow teams out of the water with the new RB's. You can see the defence look so frustrated on the field.

We will never, ever win a championship with Bradford as the QB. It is as simple as that.

Anyone think the Chip era is coming to a close?. Or am I overreacting?.

Do we go for a QB in the draft???.

Hopefully I am wrong!!.
Old 21.09.2015, 10:35 AM
Pro

I think it's a bit early to be talking about the end of Chip. There's lots of football to be played this year.

Yes, this has been a rough, if not embarrassing start, to the season considering how well everything clicked in August (just shows pre-season means compared to regular season).

Maybe teams have worked out a way to stop the initial run game or know that if they score early it means we throw more and that's a lot of pressure on a QB with no knees!

I would be very surprised if the amount of work put in this week doesn't show against a poor Jets squad next weekend.
Old 21.09.2015, 11:36 AM
Rookie

I'm as shocked as you guys. Pre season got me thinking this team can achieve. Pre season means nothing! I think we thought turning up would be enough given the promise shown in pre season.

Atalanta are no mugs at home but it still was a fine margain defeat. I could take that. The Falcons under achieved last season and they'll be looking to bounce back this year which so far they have.

Yesterday though we looked broken, really broken.

Kevin Cadle touched on something I'd long since thought. Why did Chip get rid of so many good players? Lesean McCoy and Desean Jackson were two of my fave players. Jeremy Maclin another. Nick Foles wasn't that bad either. Now we look bare on offence in terms of star players that can make the big plays. Players like that open things up for the little plays. Plays that we can no longer get right.

The other thing I thought was our star player Demarco Murray came up against his old team. They know all about him. Did we even end up in postive yardage At the end?

Fact is I think the players that were let go suited a chip kelly offence. The players brought in to supposedly better suit it aren't.

I liked Bradford at the Rams but his passing thus far has been shocking. He looks scared and like he has no confidence.

I heard only 12% of teams with an 0-2 record make the playoffs. It's gonna be hard to get in but what with the Cowboys injuries and the Giants and Redskins struggling it could be a poor division this year. If we get our act together quickly we might just sneak the division but from what I've seen so far it will be like climbing Mount Everest. The offload of so many big players could have put us back a year or two.

Lastly, I think Bradford is too scared of getting crocked and at some point inevitably the big hits will come. But when he's out we might just get our act together.
Old 21.09.2015, 04:29 PM
Rookie

It just seems like the offence can't be bothered to put the effort in, it wouldn't be so frustrating if they actually tried.
Old 22.09.2015, 01:11 PM
Starter

In Murray's defence, he was one of the few Offensive players who looked like he cared on Sunday night. Chip simply has to find a way of getting the running game untracked and play to the strengths of Murray and Mathews. Even a couple of modest 3-yard runs would at least provide a decent chance of moving the chains on 3rd down.

It would also be nice if the WR's could hold onto a catch every once in a while, and for Bradford to have the confidence go through his full progressions (Cooper was actually wide open for a TD pass when Bradford threw the Endzone INT.......now whether Cooper would have actually caught said pass is a moot point, though).

I expected Maxwell to be better than he's shown so far, but to be fair, Chip/Billy's system doesn't exactly allow him to play to his strengths. I keep reading that the Eagles want tall, physical, press-man CBs, but when I watch the games, they are often deployed off the line of scrimmage and asked to cover one-on-one with minimal safety help. IMO, that system asks too much of it's CBs, or at least the type of CBs currently on the roster.

Looking ahead to the Jets game, I really can't see our young WRs getting much change out of Revis and Cromartie. The RBs will therefore be crucial, whether it be grinding out opportunites for 3rd & 3 or 4, or catching out of the backfield. Also, it's time for Ertz to pull his finger out and show us why he was deemed worthy of a R2 pick. He is well overdue to have a big game.
Old 23.09.2015, 09:28 AM
All Pro

Maybe it is a bit hasty to start calling for his head:

http://igglesblitz.com/

The Eagles are 0-2. They look like one of the worst teams in the league. Chip Kelly should be fired. All the players should be cut or traded. Nuclear missiles should be fired at the NovaCare Complex just to be safe. According to the CDC, bad football can be highly contagious. And then…only then…can we start to have a reasonable discussion about this team.

At least that’s about the way things feel.

Football season is a marathon, not a sprint. I knew there would be some bumps in the road. I just figured they would be potholes and not the friggin Marianas Trench.

The Eagles are a mess right now. No one disputes that. Sam Bradford hasn’t been close to the answer. If only this team had a true franchise QB…someone like Andrew Luck. What’s that you say? He’s 0-2 and has led his team to even fewer points than Bradford. Wow.

Or maybe this is all Chippah. Imagine if the Eagles had a true NFL coach, one who knew how to win big games, even in the postseason, and who ran a real, complex NFL offense. How awesome would it be to have Sean Payton running this show? What’s that you say? The Saints are 0-2 and haven’t even scored 20 points in a game. Wow.

Imagine if the Eagles were proven winners like the Seahawks. What’s that you say? They’re 0-2 and…

----------------------------------------------

But I think we are different to those teams. Insiders on twitter have said that if the offence does that again in the next few games the dressing room will implode.

The Seahawks & Colts will improve and be contenders, that is guaranteed.

The Saints were not expected to challenge after last year. They are rebuilding.

Someone on another part of the forum said Cardale Jones is like a fast Big Ben for the Steelers???!. Lets get him!.

Last edited by Monsieur Moose; 23.09.2015 at 09:32 AM.
Old 24.09.2015, 06:39 PM
Rookie

Watched Jets highlights against colts earlier. Ryan Fitzpatrick fits in really well. Eric Decker and Brandon Marshall will be a real threat. They're all far from past it. Chris Ivory looked good on the ground. So defensively we've got our work cut out. I think the Eagles D will be ok though.

The last thing a nervous under performing QB needs is corners like the jets have. I bet Sam Bradford's been having nightmares all week at the thought of picking passes out against Revis and Cromartie.

It's hard to drop the number 1 QB so soon but I think he needs to get his head right. Sanchez might be able to get the offence moving enough to get some sort running game going. But I'm not sure that's entirely the answer. Keep the faith for a half and see where it goes maybe?

I can't remember the last time I saw such a strong looking Jets team. Everything points to 0-3.

Time to show some character - playoff football in September!
Old 05.10.2015, 10:53 AM
Pro

I don't understand why we can't put together 4 solid quarters. We either start good and then stop playing 2nd half or take so long to get going that we are digging ourselves out of a hole and rely on the passing game for the whole second half.

And niggling injuries mounting up isn't helping matters (I know that isn't the coaches fault).

On paper we have one of the stronger squads. Maybe Chip has been rumbled by other teams, but I would let the season play itself out now and see if it turns around.
Old 30.12.2015, 09:58 AM
Pro

Did not see Chip getting canned. Must have been a lot of unhappy players in the locker room for Lurie to act so swiftly.
Old 30.12.2015, 10:34 AM
Pro Bowler

Reading BGN this AM and the general feeling is good coach, shocking GM.

Overall, I feel the discarding of Jackson, McCoy and Maclin (I know he was a FA but still, no obvious desire shown to keep him) was difficult to justify when you see the performance this season.

Onward and upward.