Go Back   NFL UK Forums > Miscellaneous > Off-Topic - Sports

Old 23.08.2010, 10:46 AM
All Pro

Liverpool will win tonight against Man City, you heard it here first
Old 23.08.2010, 04:55 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by CALkulon View Post
Surprised nobody mentioned John Terry getting away with it yet again. Guy is a disgrace.
+1

Not sure Newcastle were great at all actually, it really was that Villa were THAT bad. They simply quit seemingly.

Newcastle looked very dodgy defensively, don't know how they didn't concede in that game with the high line they were playing. Villa really could have done with Agbonlahor.
Old 23.08.2010, 05:22 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Surprised nobody mentioned John Terry getting away with it yet again. Guy is a disgrace.
Didn't think the 2nd tackle was all that bad and N'Zogbia did leave his foot in earlier. A bit overblown the whole thing, the commentator on Talksport almost combusted
Old 23.08.2010, 06:05 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramsio777 View Post
Didn't think the 2nd tackle was all that bad and N'Zogbia did leave his foot in earlier. A bit overblown the whole thing, the commentator on Talksport almost combusted
But thats the thing, it doesn't make the retaliation ok. If the MOTD guys were lip reading properly then it was premeditated too. He could've easily got three yellows, how he didn't the second is beyond me.
Old 23.08.2010, 06:17 PM
All Pro

The 3 defenders that seem to get away with fouls that no-one else seems to, on a regular basis are John Terry, Nemanja Vidic and Jamie Carragher. John Terry seems almost impossible to send off at times, Vidic seems to get away with most things, and Carragher drags players to the floor on a regular basis and never seems to get called.
Old 23.08.2010, 06:19 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
But thats the thing, it doesn't make the retaliation ok. If the MOTD guys were lip reading properly then it was premeditated too. He could've easily got three yellows, how he didn't the second is beyond me.
I think anyone but John Terry, it doesn't get any attention. The first was a yellow, the two that followed weren't.

Same circumstances, same challenges from lets say Jody Craddock or Michael Dawson for example, it'd be a nothing story. I'm no fan of Terry but it appears the witchunt from the media and fans is well and truly on.

As for Terry being impossible to send off he's seen red on more than one occasion recently.

The call on Carragher is a good one, his lack of pace often sees him cutting across an attacker to drag him down, most recently seen at the WC

Last edited by Ramsio; 23.08.2010 at 06:22 PM.
Old 23.08.2010, 06:26 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramsio777 View Post
I think anyone but John Terry, it doesn't get any attention. The first was a yellow, the two that followed weren't.

Same circumstances, same challenges from lets say Jody Craddock or Michael Dawson for example, it'd be a nothing story. I'm no fan of Terry but it appears the witchunt from the media and fans is well and truly on.

As for Terry being impossible to send off he's seen red on more than one occasion recently.

The call on Carragher is a good one, his lack of pace often sees him cutting across an attacker to drag him down, most recently seen at the WC
Yeah i said 'at times' when talking about John Terry not being sent off because i was aware some referees recently have managed to not bottle it and actually send him off
Old 23.08.2010, 07:58 PM
All Pro

I don't think Vidic is as bad but he definitely gets away with more than the average defender (Carling Cup final!). Carragher definitely on the same level as Terry, though mostly because he's rotten rather than thuggish imo

Interesting to see if Mascherano has actually refused to play, hate to see that happen to any team.
Old 23.08.2010, 08:02 PM
GOAT

One of the worst 45 minutes I've seen in some time from us. Which, considering some of the dross we saw last year, is saying something.

Hodgson is either naive or stupid for pitching up with a 4-4-2. The only questions is if he has the balls to change it and bring Poulsen on.

Had City tried, they'd be 3/4 up now.
Old 23.08.2010, 08:15 PM
All Pro

This looks like the least talented Liverpool team/squad in living memory... Doesn't help that Torres is a long way from being match fit but it's hard to see them getting back in the top 4 this season... 2-0 now so things looking bleak here.

Also Barca bidding only £12 Million for Mascherano??