Bengals UK Fan Club - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Cincinnati Bengals

Old 28.10.2009, 11:18 AM
MVP

Default Bengals UK Fan Club

Hi, I am interested in setting up a UK-based Cincinnati Bengals fan club. I have two questions:

1) Do any of you know of a current UK-based club?

2) Would you be interested in joining, and if so, what would you expect to receive from the club and what would you expect to contribute for what you would receive?

Sorry, more than 2 questions! Any replies would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Matthew Easterbrook.
Old 28.10.2009, 04:56 PM
Rookie

I would consider joining but would have no idea what it'd have to be like to be honest.
Old 28.10.2009, 05:54 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cluskey View Post
I would consider joining but would have no idea what it'd have to be like to be honest.
Good man.

Well, I was going to try and set up perhaps a monthly fanzine, where members can contribute articles etc. I was also going to try and get discounts on merchandise, but the Bengals have not shown any interest in the idea, and, once it was up and running and we have a few members I was looking to organise a few trips etc. I just want to get an idea of what people would expect a fan club to do for them, and what they would pay/contribute in other ways to get these things.

Any ideas my email address is my username, so let me know
Old 28.10.2009, 06:34 PM
Rookie

Think you would need the team on your side in some way for it to be a big success, and of course a good number of members.

Discounted merch, fanclub merch, fanzies, good website, forum etc.
Think all that would help alot.

Perhaps see if there are other NFL fanclubs- see how successful they are and go down the same route as they did
Old 28.10.2009, 09:11 PM
Rookie

I live in Ireland, this fan club would be for Ireland as well I presume.I think its a great idea would love to join it
Old 29.10.2009, 08:26 AM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean Langton View Post
I live in Ireland, this fan club would be for Ireland as well I presume.I think its a great idea would love to join it
Yes, it would be for Ireland as well. I'm glad I have some support here, I'm quite busy at the moment, but will hope to have something up and running at least for the start of next season. I might be able to get something done before Christmas, but it wouldn't be the finished product.
Old 29.10.2009, 09:54 AM
All Pro

sounds like a great idea, have thought about it myself, would be willing to help just send me a PM, good ideas i think would be

quarterly fanzine, trips to Cincinnati, Forum/website, and prehaps events to meet up at, for example one sunday a season an event on a sunday to meet up and watch the game etc.

BucPower.com is the best fan site for UK fans for an NFL team

Last edited by 118 M Man #9; 29.10.2009 at 09:56 AM.
Old 29.10.2009, 10:26 AM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by 118 M Man #9 View Post
sounds like a great idea, have thought about it myself, would be willing to help just send me a PM, good ideas i think would be

quarterly fanzine, trips to Cincinnati, Forum/website, and prehaps events to meet up at, for example one sunday a season an event on a sunday to meet up and watch the game etc.

BucPower.com is the best fan site for UK fans for an NFL team
Thanks mate, I'll give you a shout when it's nearer being set up. I am looking at trips, but it will take a while before we get enough members. And I was thinking perhaps meeting at the Wembley game every year. There is a place in London where there are get togethers sometimes as well, I will contact them and see if they are on board.
Old 29.10.2009, 11:48 AM
Rookie

I think that you need to have an idea in your mind about just what you hope to achieve. A couple of Bengals fans meeting up at London every year is more of a gathering than a fan club. Surely the purpose of a club is to establish a close knit community who share a common interest. The idea is a very good one but it would gain more credibility if the Bengals were on side. I could draft a letter or e-mail to send to the franchise, but you do state that they were not interested.

The tentative plans need to be in place before it is fully launched, and there should be elections for a president/secretary etc of the fan club. Trips to Cincinnati would be a fantastic part of it, as would meeting up to watch games on TV and so on. Like others have said, if you need any help then let me know.
Old 29.10.2009, 11:52 AM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by crimsonsparrow View Post
I think that you need to have an idea in your mind about just what you hope to achieve. A couple of Bengals fans meeting up at London every year is more of a gathering than a fan club. Surely the purpose of a club is to establish a close knit community who share a common interest. The idea is a very good one but it would gain more credibility if the Bengals were on side. I could draft a letter or e-mail to send to the franchise, but you do state that they were not interested.

The tentative plans need to be in place before it is fully launched, and there should be elections for a president/secretary etc of the fan club. Trips to Cincinnati would be a fantastic part of it, as would meeting up to watch games on TV and so on. Like others have said, if you need any help then let me know.
Thank you very much, yeah, it is a lot to do. I emailed them about it and they fobbed me off with a different club that had been disbanded that they were considering options about. I will get back to them when I have a greater idea of what people might want. I have posted here and on the Bengal message boards, and PM many of the UK fans on those too. In a few weeks hopefully I will have some definite plans in place, and I will contact everyone who has expressed an interest regarding what the plans are.