Bengals Draft 2010 - Page 2 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Cincinnati Bengals

Old 01.03.2010, 08:13 PM
All Pro

Unless there's a steal at WR I think we'll draft D-line.
Old 22.03.2010, 10:19 PM
All Pro

Having the extra 3rd and 4th picks is going to be nice. We should be able to add a decent amount of depth.
Old 23.03.2010, 12:39 PM
MVP

Well that makes the draft even more interesting. An extra 3rd and 4th is a very handy tool to have. Should give us the chance to bring in some good talent, or be a weapon for trading if there is someone else we want.
Old 23.04.2010, 11:20 AM
All Pro

So Bengals go for the TE in the first round eh? I'm a little puzzled. Good as he might be the Bengals have Coffman and Kelly back this year and the not-so-terrible Foschi. I would have thought a TE might have been better served in the 2nd round than the first plus Gresham didn't play College ball last year due to injury and had a ligament tear in high school. Taking a risk like this in the first round for a position that perhaps is a little untested says more about what they think of Coffman than anything else.... Lack of confidence perhaps.
Old 23.04.2010, 12:54 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengalsman View Post
So Bengals go for the TE in the first round eh? I'm a little puzzled. Good as he might be the Bengals have Coffman and Kelly back this year and the not-so-terrible Foschi. I would have thought a TE might have been better served in the 2nd round than the first plus Gresham didn't play College ball last year due to injury and had a ligament tear in high school. Taking a risk like this in the first round for a position that perhaps is a little untested says more about what they think of Coffman than anything else.... Lack of confidence perhaps.
Gresham will be great. I think if Thomas or Morgan had been there, we'd have taken them, but they weren't, so it was either Bryant or Gresham, and we pulled the trigger on the one we needed most.
Old 23.04.2010, 12:59 PM
All Pro

Like Gresham, really help out Chad and Bryant. Also the threat in the middle can really help the running game.

who do you think will be the 2nd round pick?

I think Defense, they dont tend to draft from 1 side of the ball back to back in 1 and 2. I think Dunlap may be the pick if theres there. wouldnt mind packaging picks to go for Kindle, Mays or Allen but they wont do that.

or someone like Asamoah if they go offense.
Old 23.04.2010, 01:24 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by 118 M Man #9 View Post
Like Gresham, really help out Chad and Bryant. Also the threat in the middle can really help the running game.

who do you think will be the 2nd round pick?

I think Defense, they dont tend to draft from 1 side of the ball back to back in 1 and 2. I think Dunlap may be the pick if theres there. wouldnt mind packaging picks to go for Kindle, Mays or Allen but they wont do that.

or someone like Asamoah if they go offense.
I think we'll go safety if there's a good one left, maybe Nate Allen, and if not, we'll go D-end.
Old 23.04.2010, 02:23 PM
MVP

Definitly D for the second pick, Safety is what I want, it's a good deep draft so can easily get some good talent in the second round this year.

As for the Gresham pick, well as I said in the draft thread in the draft forum i'm absolutly thrilled with it, he really could be the missing part to our O. Let's face it we've always neglected the TE position and when you have the best TE available in the draft (Even with his injuries) sitting there at 21 when it's a position that needs upgrading it would be hard to say no to that situation.

Bengal fans on facebook make me laugh, most instantly cursing the pick xD
Old 23.04.2010, 05:03 PM
Starter

Quite like the pick.
There's no denying that our offense has gotten a lot better with this pick, and that is what needed improving.
Kelly is old. Gresham is an adequate blocker, and give him an extra year with Kelly, and i think he will become a capable blocker. Then you have him and Coffman to compliment each other. I think it's a very good pick. Certainly better than Dez Bryant. Both give a big receiving threat, yet one has no baggage, and is something a bit different to the normal Bengal. Lets see what B-Brat can come up with for Gresham. There will certainly be a change, and after last season, that can't be a bad thing.
Id like to go safety next round, but i hope to god we dont go for Taylor Mays. He's a great athlete, but i just dont rate him as a football player.
Would love to see us trade up and take Dunlap, but i doubt that will happen.
Old 23.04.2010, 09:01 PM
All Pro

I think it was a very solid pick, we chose a guy with a great work ethic.

I say we seriously look at Gilyard in the 2nd if he's there.