Bengals Draft 2010 - Page 3 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Cincinnati Bengals

Old 23.04.2010, 09:23 PM
Starter

I can see why people have a problem with us taking Gresham when Dez Bryant was still on the board, Bryany is obviously the bigger talent and the better play and his issues shouldnt of been a problem cause the people we have drafted before have been worse and if theres a QB in the leauge that can deal with diva like WR's its Carson.

Saying that im happy with Gresham. It gives teams big problems covering these guys. A pass catching TE has been a need for us for some while now and if he can stay healthly we will be sorted.

Im with Zultan, if Gilyard is still avaiable is say take him but if not look be i will be hoping for a safety or O Line help. But will Gilyard i think the offense will be unstoppable.
Old 24.04.2010, 12:45 AM
All Pro

With the 54th pick in the 2010 NFL Draft, the Cincinnati Bengals pick ... Carlos Dunlap, DE from FLA.

NFL.com Pick Analysis: The Bengals have a knack for getting outstanding production from so-called character risks, and Carlos Dunlap could be the next star to overcome his circumstance. As a freakish athlete with exceptional initial quickness, Dunlap has the ability to wreak havoc off the edge. Although his motor doesn't rev high consistently, Dunlap's flashes of talent make him worthy of the risk as a second-round pick.

I think this pick goes a long way towards keeping Coach Zimmer a happy bunny but that write-up looks so like Michael Johnson's would have looked this time last year, it seems alittle strange they'd do that twice on the run. Clearly they rate his upside massively.

Video here: http://www.nfl.com/draft/2010/profil...tabs:tab-watch

Golden Tate was still available so they clearly believe Johnson, Bryant and the other WR's and TE's can do the job, and we'll obviously be running an awful lot.

Next up Safety I reckon. Perhaps a RB in too.

Last edited by boomer07uk; 24.04.2010 at 12:48 AM.
Old 24.04.2010, 12:53 AM
Starter

Very happy with this. I always like a risk, especially if it could get you a first class pass rusher.
Old 24.04.2010, 06:02 AM
MVP

We end up with Dunlap, the young WR and Brandon Ghee! What a great second day!
Old 24.04.2010, 08:25 AM
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mde203@exeter.ac.uk View Post
We end up with Dunlap, the young WR and Brandon Ghee! What a great second day!
Not sure about Shipley, hes old for a rookie at 24. I would much rather had Gilyard.
Old 24.04.2010, 09:44 AM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by peter_101 View Post
Not sure about Shipley, hes old for a rookie at 24. I would much rather had Gilyard.
I was surprised but having looked at his highlights I'm satisfied.

Combining Dunlap and Johnson would make a very tall wall to throw / kick over. I don't think we'll see too much now but down the line it could be nice.
Old 24.04.2010, 10:07 AM
MVP

I'm loving the picks so far, in particular the Brandon Ghee one, i'm really excited to see what he can do for us and at least offers some nice depth at CB if we need it.

Shipley being 24 is ok, I loved the fact Colt McCoy mentioned him in his own interview and how much he thought he'd be a great player for us, i'm excited to see him on the field, he looks like a steady prospect

From the NFL.com Scouting report:
Shipley has been a productive receiver at one of the top programs in the country for the past two years. He had some durability issues early in his career with hamstring pulls and a shoulder injury but has not missed any games in the last three years. He is explosive off the line and runs extremely crisp routes that allow him to separate from defenders with a good short burst. He is a natural when it comes to adjusting to off-target throws and will go over the middle to catch the ball in traffic. If he had better top end speed he would be pretty much the total package.

I'm excited for sure

Last edited by Dragonic; 24.04.2010 at 10:10 AM.
Old 24.04.2010, 11:03 AM
All Pro

The Brandon Ghee move is a very good one. Can't remember the details now, but Free Agency is on the horizon for at least one of our starting CB's so that nice insurance in case a deal can't be sorted.

Shipley is intriguing. The highlights video on NFL.com is awful. The coverage is that bad that a 5 year old would be wide open. Time to go do some tape watching I think

Overall, the Bengals are doing the right things again, but in there own manner (a TE who hasn't played for as year, a DE with "issues" etc.). Only we can manage a great potential draft with such big doubts
Old 24.04.2010, 01:00 PM
All Pro

I didn't say the Bengals picking a TE was a bad move. I still think that picking a TE with the FIRST ROUND PICK is a bad move.The Bengals have a TE they are still supposed to be highly regarding in Coffman plus they have two other tight ends in the fold. I would have liked them to look at the TE in the third round and at most the second round if someone highly regarded dropped down to them. A WR in the mould of Chris Henry would be better served in the first round and the whole Dez Bryant character issue thing doesn't wash because the Bengals have as much regard for that as they always do which they demonstrated when they drafted Dunlap in the second. With Coles essentially being a bust as a free agent it would be prudent to draft a WR high just in case Bryant doesn't pan out or if the Bengals are now looking at Chad at age 32 to be in the twilight of his Bengals career.
Still the good thing about Gresham being signed is that if Kelly is resigned he can be tutored by a committed inspired individual and with Coffman with everything to prove will make both work hard in camp.

Dunlap? Don't follow much college to be fair but this has a familiar look about it, quoting from the Bengals own website (www.bengals.com) :

- '....What they found convinced them that despite a DUI arrest last December and criticism that his on-field effort didn’t always match his physical talents, he was the right fit for them....'

Have the Bengals got planning permission for that rehab centre alongside PBS yet?

Last edited by Bengalsman; 24.04.2010 at 01:11 PM. Reason: addition
Old 24.04.2010, 01:36 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengalsman View Post
Have the Bengals got planning permission for that rehab centre alongside PBS yet?
As we all know as Bengals fans, they never do anything in a straight-forward manner, but even more so recently they seem to hunt players with some baggage and issues, rather than just going with the conventional, safer pick