The official Jacksonville Jaguars thread - Page 529 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Jacksonville Jaguars

Old 20.09.2015, 11:31 PM
All Pro

Good win there. Much better performance than last week

Offense - Looked much better, Bortles accurate and made good desicions, O-line was solid and opened up running lanes. Good running in the first half, seemed to struggle in the 2nd half and Suh became more involved. Still too many little mistakes; dropped passes, the busted play with Yeldon and Robinson (Yeldon should cut it inside and not run a go on a busted play), penalties (Wisnieki seemed to struggle a little). Young offense though so hopefully we iron them out fairly quickly.

Defense - Run defense seemed solid, although the Phins seemed reluctant to run. However, I can't recall any times we had solid coverage aall over and forced Tannehill to throw into good ccoverage. There wasn't much pressure and when we had Tannehill dead to rights 3 or 4 times we couldn't bring him down (same as last week) and we also lacked the big impact plays (big hits on Tannehill, big TfL on run plays, turnovers).

Overall - very solid performance and lots of hope going forward, but still work to be done
Old 21.09.2015, 12:08 PM
Team Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charnock101 View Post
No pass rush, No receivers, Long Season............
Questionable pass rush, Great receivers (Alan Robinson and the Albino Tiger), intriguing season, what a difference a week makes
Old 22.09.2015, 08:09 AM
MVP

Well that was a hard game to assess. Some good (mostly in the 1st half) and some bad (mostly in the 2nd).
Odrick looked like a man who really had something to prove which was fun.

Before we get too excited I really have to wonder if the dolphins should start to worry, they looked very exposed at times at a average at best team on Sunday and lost to the Skins week 1....
Old 22.09.2015, 12:13 PM
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jai13 View Post
Good win there. Much better performance than last week

Offense - Looked much better, Bortles accurate and made good desicions, O-line was solid and opened up running lanes. Good running in the first half, seemed to struggle in the 2nd half and Suh became more involved. Still too many little mistakes; dropped passes, the busted play with Yeldon and Robinson (Yeldon should cut it inside and not run a go on a busted play), penalties (Wisnieki seemed to struggle a little). Young offense though so hopefully we iron them out fairly quickly.

Defense - Run defense seemed solid, although the Phins seemed reluctant to run. However, I can't recall any times we had solid coverage aall over and forced Tannehill to throw into good ccoverage. There wasn't much pressure and when we had Tannehill dead to rights 3 or 4 times we couldn't bring him down (same as last week) and we also lacked the big impact plays (big hits on Tannehill, big TfL on run plays, turnovers).

Overall - very solid performance and lots of hope going forward, but still work to be done
agree withh above o-line looked vastly improved both run and pass blocking against a good d-line (i still believe), brings the question, when joeckel is back, does he start?
Old 22.09.2015, 12:38 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by TartanJag80 View Post
agree withh above o-line looked vastly improved both run and pass blocking against a good d-line (i still believe), brings the question, when joeckel is back, does he start?
Almost certainly yes.

Partially because they don't want to give up on him and partially as Sam Young has proved over a number of games that he isn't the answer
Old 22.09.2015, 04:27 PM
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilGroom View Post
Well that was a hard game to assess. Some good (mostly in the 1st half) and some bad (mostly in the 2nd).
Odrick looked like a man who really had something to prove which was fun.

Before we get too excited I really have to wonder if the dolphins should start to worry, they looked very exposed at times at a average at best team on Sunday and lost to the Skins week 1....
I get what you mean about not getting too excited but allow us a week mate, ha. We don't get these too often!

Plus, the Dolphins beat the redskins in week 1. That means we beat a team with a 1.000 record
Old 23.09.2015, 06:57 AM
MVP

Jaguars first place AFC South.

I'll say it again Jaguars first place AFC South. How many years has it been since we have been able to say that?
Old 23.09.2015, 07:55 AM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by jags_mad View Post
I get what you mean about not getting too excited but allow us a week mate, ha. We don't get these too often!

Plus, the Dolphins beat the redskins in week 1. That means we beat a team with a 1.000 record
Absolutely, I was as happy as everyone trust me.

I just worry about any expectations it produces, especially with some not so fun games coming up.

But for the first time in a while we have a .500 record which makes a nice change...
Old 23.09.2015, 11:48 AM
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilGroom View Post
Almost certainly yes.

Partially because they don't want to give up on him and partially as Sam Young has proved over a number of games that he isn't the answer
tend to agree, interesting none the less.

be keeping a close eye on Suh over next few weeks to see if he really has dropped off as i thought our interior was just very good (rather than him being poor)
Old 23.09.2015, 05:20 PM
All Pro

Hello all!

I have a question I am sure someone will know the answer to. After the Miami Dolphins-New York Jets game, is there anywhere in London/near Wembley where Jaguars fans will watch the Jaguars game vs. Colts?

Tags
#sacksonville , #tealcurtain , anger is an energy , anger is god , don't look back in anger , pma , thefutureisnortman