Game Pass 2011 - UK Blackouts - Page 17 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > National Football League > NFL TV coverage

Old 05.09.2011, 03:03 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brit Pack View Post

I echo the sentiment here, we are all passionate, head over heels about American Football. All we want to do is watch it...Why has it got to be so hard....!!!!!!
For that very reason, they can get away with offering less/charging more because no matter, we will still pay it.

UK NFL fans seem like an easy cow to milk and as such we get a raw deal. I'm unhappy with not getting the Redzone on Gamepass or having six day black-outs yet I still pay out the cash. I'll probably continue to do so until I can a) no longer afford SS and GP or b) until the restrictions become so onerous that it renders the product worthless.

I'm sure I'm not the only one who feels this way.
Old 05.09.2011, 03:48 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brit Pack View Post
I'm away for business in Manila for 5 weeks from the end of Nov to end Dec, and am questioning getting games pass or not. Would anyone know can you use gamepass in the Phillipens?

Secondly do you think it is even worth it? I'm a big time Packers fan, and it seems like some games are already schedulded to be blacked out before I even leave....

I echo the sentiment here, we are all passionate, head over heels about American Football. All we want to do is watch it...Why has it got to be so hard....!!!!!!

Just had a quick glance, and it doesn't look like The Phillippines appear on the list of places you can't get Gamepass. On that basis I'd assume that you can watch it there, provided you are on a good enough broadband connection of course.

As for games blacked out. That is only here in the UK, if you purchase Gamepass here it doesn't matter, if you are actually watching somewhere else where the blackouts don't apply you'll still be able to view the game(s).
Old 05.09.2011, 10:21 PM
Rookie

Thumbs up Say Goodbye To Sky!!!

If all NFL UK users cancelled their subscriptions with Sky and subscribed to Gamepass, and then Sky would hopefully drop the NFL, then there wouldn't be any blackout games and Gamepass would be able to show the play-offs also. It's too late for this season but for next, just give it a thought. Come on NFL UK users do the right thing!!!
Old 06.09.2011, 08:16 AM
Hall of Fame

This is never going to happen.

As much as quite a few people here claim they only get Sky for NFL, I would be very surprised if the majority of NFL fans were also fans of other sports.

I certainly wouldn't cancel Sky to make a point about the NFL coverage, because I want Sky for Football, Cricket and Rugby as well as the odd other event. I've said this quite a few times on here, it isn't worth cutting off your nose to spite your face.
Old 11.09.2011, 04:35 PM
Rookie

If you subscribe to sky sports just for the NFL like I did for many years you are better off with NFL Gamepass. It is galling that they black out games. How do you suggest NFL fans who have paid for NFL Gamepass watch the blacked out games?
Old 11.09.2011, 04:54 PM
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coli Gee View Post
If you subscribe to sky sports just for the NFL like I did for many years you are better off with NFL Gamepass. It is galling that they black out games. How do you suggest NFL fans who have paid for NFL Gamepass watch the blacked out games?
Go to a friends house... my friend is called Justin :P
Old 12.09.2011, 12:02 PM
Pro

Default Black out

sorry I'm lost so when can we watch the blackout games on gamepass
Old 12.09.2011, 12:14 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by xmarkymarkx View Post
sorry I'm lost so when can we watch the blackout games on gamepass
After 6 days.
Old 12.09.2011, 12:22 PM
Pro

Default Black outs

Wow that's bad ... We pay that much and we get hit with this ....

Thanks anyways .
Old 12.09.2011, 06:12 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by xmarkymarkx View Post
Wow that's bad ... We pay that much and we get hit with this ....

Thanks anyways .
You can blame Sky for the blackouts. Just hope when the TV contracts are renewed that NFLUK take UK Gamepass subscribers views into account and do not pander to Sky's demands just to get their contract.

Tags
black out , blackout , blackouts , game pass , gamepass