Bengals WR's - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Cincinnati Bengals

Old 27.05.2012, 06:02 PM
Starter

Default Bengals WR's

How do you rate them , i think its the best we have had in a few years , we have some depth
Armon Binns has impressed in camp and Green proved last year he could be elite , Sanu was in some mocks as potential and has been Compared to Houshmanzadeh , Baby Hawk is a good slot reciever , Jones , Shipley , Whalen , Hazelton , Tate ... is some list

and who is going to start .. for me it is going to be Green and Sanu with Baby Hawk and shipley at #3 and #4
Old 28.05.2012, 09:59 PM
Team Captain

Hard to say this early.Most of them getting good reviews to date. Training camp & AD14's preferences will be the key (and/or injuries)
Old 28.05.2012, 10:24 PM
Pro Bowler

I'm expecting a sophomore slump from the red rifle. Teams will be scheming against him now where as last year he was really unknown.
He has the talent though to push through it. His accuracy on some passes last year were truly spectacular, Palmer should have stayed to warm the bench and take notes on it!

Binns? Lets hope he's not 'rubbish'... (see what I did there!)

The only WR's I think the Bengals can rely on is Green and perhaps Shipley (if he makes a full recovery from injury). Apart from that this group is very largely unknown and untested. Hawkins is good, they should try to use him more on shorter routes and if Shipley's struggling I'd love to see him take the slot position.

Remember the Bengals do have Gresham at TE and that's always a good thing...
Old 29.05.2012, 05:52 AM
MVP

I want to see Hawkins return kicks, he's got to be better than Tate was for much of last year.

I think Green and Jones get the start, with Shipley/Sanu in the slot.
Old 29.05.2012, 07:17 AM
All Pro

Adam Jones has been vocal about wanting the punt / kick return jobs. I'm all for that as I wasn't much of a fan of Tate.
Old 29.05.2012, 06:35 PM
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengalsman View Post
I'm expecting a sophomore slump from the red rifle. Teams will be scheming against him now where as last year he was really unknown.
He has the talent though to push through it. His accuracy on some passes last year were truly spectacular, Palmer should have stayed to warm the bench and take notes on it...
according to Bengals.com Andy has been working on deep balls ( both strength and accuracy ) .. which is always a good thing if you have a quick reciever who can leap above everyone else to make a spectacular catch in the end zone .
we have a tough year , and dalton needs to step up and have a consitant year , this year he has more than green , a pretty average reciever and Gresham .. he also has a improved offensive line and a slight improvement in the running game (although i would not cry if we tested how worried chicago are about Forte's knee in a trade for a 2nd and Scott) .
Old 29.05.2012, 07:10 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengalsman View Post
He has the talent though to push through it. His accuracy on some passes last year were truly spectacular, Palmer should have stayed to warm the bench and take notes on it!

Binns? Lets hope he's not 'rubbish'... (see what I did there!)

The only WR's I think the Bengals can rely on is Green and perhaps Shipley (if he makes a full recovery from injury). Apart from that this group is very largely unknown and untested. Hawkins is good, they should try to use him more on shorter routes and if Shipley's struggling I'd love to see him take the slot position.

Remember the Bengals do have Gresham at TE and that's always a good thing...
Dont call us , we'll call you

As for Dalton, I'm looking for him to get a bit more aggressive and slumping is the furthest thing from my mind. For me he's the type of guy who will look at what he did last year and put in the hard hours to improve. Reports are he's got heavier (muscle) and stronger and is working hard on techinique with his legs especially for the deep ball.

Time will tell but my feeling is he wont be any worse than last year and hopefully better.......fingers crossed.
Old 30.05.2012, 07:07 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bretts View Post
Dont call us , we'll call you

As for Dalton, I'm looking for him to get a bit more aggressive and slumping is the furthest thing from my mind. For me he's the type of guy who will look at what he did last year and put in the hard hours to improve. Reports are he's got heavier (muscle) and stronger and is working hard on techinique with his legs especially for the deep ball.

Time will tell but my feeling is he wont be any worse than last year and hopefully better.......fingers crossed.
Whilst a slump is a possibility, Dalton has this reputation as a cerebral QB who's prepared to work hard to develop.

Personally I think with the right coaching and conditioning QB's can improve arm strength these days. Brady and Rodgers hardly had bazooka's for arms when they came out of college. All in all, with a full offseason I can't see Dalton going backwards much, if at all.

Personally I'd love a home run RB in the backfield. Yeah BJGE is an upgrade on Ced, but I'd love someone who could break out and score from anywhere on the field. It takes a whole lot of pressure of the QB when the running game can score at distance.

They won't trade for anyone so that's out, but surely we must have tens on millions in the bank for a FA, so why not use some. Even the rookie contracts coming up don't mean you can't spend big on a one or two year deal.
Old 10.08.2012, 10:05 AM
Pro Bowler

I hope they go with:

Green
Sanu
Shipley
Jones
Hawkins

Either Binns or Whalen. Binns is a candidate for the number 2 position so he may not fall this far down the depth chart but Whalen has great hands and would probably catch on elsewhere (The Colts) if we cut him. Binns is most likely to get the nod here because he can play on the outside.

Tate is the odd man out here. He is a good returner but I would hate to cut a young guy to keep him.

I am worried that Marvin Jones becomes another Briscoe if they try to sneak him into the PS.
Old 10.08.2012, 06:42 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slidey77 View Post
Tate is the odd man out here. He is a good returner but I would hate to cut a young guy to keep him.
Which Tate were you watching?