Visiting Minnesota - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Minnesota Vikings

Old 13.12.2016, 09:11 PM
Pro

Default Visiting Minnesota

I was just wondering if any fellow Vikings fans have made the trip over to the states to see the Vikings? Whether that be in Minnesota or a road game. If it was Minnesota I wanted to know what it was like, the tailgating, fans, city and all round experience.

Thanks for the replies!
Old 13.12.2016, 09:23 PM
Team Captain

I have made many a trip to see the Purple and Gold and the fact I go so often says how good I think it is.

I have a tailgate crew I socialize with (this week we are heading to a down town bar due to the cold)

The stadium is downtown and there is much to see and do - other sports available depending on the season.
Old 14.12.2016, 04:48 PM
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by GtheVike View Post
I have made many a trip to see the Purple and Gold and the fact I go so often says how good I think it is.

I have a tailgate crew I socialize with (this week we are heading to a down town bar due to the cold)

The stadium is downtown and there is much to see and do - other sports available depending on the season.

What's your usual itinerary for the trips? Do you just go to Minnesota and the game or somewhere in America then fly in to Minnesota?

As you can tell I am very interested by fans who make the trips over.
Old 14.12.2016, 04:54 PM
Starter

I am planning to go to Minnesota myself next year. The plan is to go for two consecutive home games (schedule depending) I would also like to get a Wild game in there too.

I would ideally like to go in December when it is freezing cold
Old 14.12.2016, 05:06 PM
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooksyEffect View Post
I am planning to go to Minnesota myself next year. The plan is to go for two consecutive home games (schedule depending) I would also like to get a Wild game in there too.

I would ideally like to go in December when it is freezing cold
Is that a planned trip just for a Minnesota game or an America holiday with the trip squeezed in ?
Old 14.12.2016, 08:59 PM
Team Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by tstb-94 View Post
What's your usual itinerary for the trips? Do you just go to Minnesota and the game or somewhere in America then fly in to Minnesota?
Usually it is fly out direct Saturday game Sunday and fly home direct Monday. Hotel is downtown which means no car necessary.

Occasionally I will stay out for the whole week if there are two home games in a row.
Old 15.12.2016, 08:45 AM
Team Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by GtheVike View Post
Usually it is fly out direct Saturday game Sunday and fly home direct Monday. Hotel is downtown which means no car necessary.

Occasionally I will stay out for the whole week if there are two home games in a row.
Is this from the UK? If so, how much on average does that cost if you don't mind me asking?
Old 15.12.2016, 08:47 AM
Team Captain

I went to Chicago in 2014 and watched us (lose) at Soldier Field - Blair Walsh even missed a simple field goal for a true Vikings experience.....!

We (me + wife) had a weeks holiday in Chicago with a game fitted in there - it was bloody freezing but a great experience. I liked Soldier Field and thought Chicago as a city was fantastic - and going there was much cheaper than Minnesota when we were looking
Old 15.12.2016, 08:36 PM
Team Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by joefairs View Post
Is this from the UK? If so, how much on average does that cost if you don't mind me asking?
It is from the UK and not that cheap although cheaper in December!