BAFL Collapse - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > National Football League > NFL in the UK

Old 14.10.2010, 06:58 PM
Rookie

Default BAFL Collapse

I know it is probably very old news for most of you (Well at least a few months) but for those of you who don't know, the BAFL has been liquidated and Britain no longer has a standing American Football League, unless one has been put in place without my knowing. This presents a problem for the many players and clubs left without a governing body to control standings, games and administration.

I would just like to hear from Coaches and players from around the country letting me know what everyone is now doing about games, because I am rather positive that there are many people still more than passionate about playing and won't let a small stumble like this get in the way.

As much of a challenge it will be to create a new league I believe it is very possible. Maybe even with the help of the NFL, as I'm sure that they wouldn't want the support that is growing exponentially on our little island to fall just as quickly. I know that it's a big thing to think that we may get the NFL directly involved but hey, dream big and why not?

But back to the point, please get in contact
Old 14.10.2010, 07:03 PM
All Pro

i know the youth teams are still recruiting which i guess means that some teams are still going
Old 14.10.2010, 07:28 PM
All Pro

Old news from last year.

The British League is running and strong and has been since BAFL folded in January!! The BAFL was purely one organisation out of 5 and were replaced by BAFACL. There website is here www.bafacl.com
Old 14.10.2010, 08:05 PM
Rookie

In hospital, thanks for asking though

Brilliant, thanks a lot lads
Old 15.10.2010, 12:12 AM
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by XbishopX View Post
In hospital, thanks for asking though

Apologies XbishopX, response deleted.

Last edited by satchmo; 15.10.2010 at 12:19 AM.
Old 15.10.2010, 12:27 AM
All Pro

Because of this thread I took a look at the Youtube highlights of the last Brit Bowl. There's fantastic football being played! Need to get more people in those stands!

I know... I'm preaching to the choir, right?

I just know that I'd definitely go if I were in the UK.
Old 15.10.2010, 12:41 AM
Starter

We need to promote the game better to attract those who are not already following NFL via TV Sports channels through having an interest of their own. The Britbowl is a great advert for UK football, but the coverage doesn't display the involvement in the sport across the country at all levels and age groups. The level of participation and the standard, the numbers of fans and the associated attendance at premier level games can only have room to grow given the right promotion and development of the sport in the UK. BAFA, the national governing body, are currently conducting a review of the sport in the UK at all levels which will hopefully lead to more participation and support in years to come.
Old 15.10.2010, 04:13 PM
All Pro

I wonder if BBC, with their Superbowl Coverage wouldn't mind covering the event on the Red Button... Seems like a logical possibility of advertising the sport... And I have just started training with the Reading Rebels youth team (U16)...
Old 15.10.2010, 04:58 PM
Hester at the 40, 30, 20, 10, touchdown!'s Avatar
Hester at the 40, 30, 20, 10, touchdown! Hester at the 40, 30, 20, 10, touchdown! is offline
Pro Bowler

Phew I was worried for a second after reading the OP
Old 16.10.2010, 08:47 AM
All Pro

The OP had me worried too!

I can certainly vouch for the British league as a good afternoon's entertainment; I was reporting on the London Blitz last season and really enjoyed myself. As a student £2 for three hours of live sport involving the National Champions is a pretty good deal!

Agreed that it would be good to get more people watching and involved, but not really sure what can be done. The games seem pretty well advertised on here, and some local and free newspapers and such have been doing reports for teams in their areas. Hopefully more media marketing and advertising will help to raise the profile. Once people get to see the product for themselves they'll hopefully be back: it's low price and good fun. The difficult bit, as with anything, seems to be getting people off their sofas and out the house in the first place.

I'll be in the North West next season so hopefully will catch some games in and around that area. Hope to see other NFLUKers there.

Tags
bafl , britain