Shahid waved at me :) - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Jacksonville Jaguars

Old 30.10.2013, 08:26 AM
Team Captain

Default Shahid waved at me :)

Quite a nice moment for me I thought I would share, I got to the fan rally at 10:30am on the Saturday to stand in line and make sure I was one of the first ones in. As soon as I got in I took up a place front and center at the main stage (I'm in a lot of the photos and videos taken from the stage area) thinking I would be in a great spot to see the Jaguars.

When the Jaguars players on the steps were being interviewed I was in the worst possible place to see this - being right at the front by the stage - so instead of turning around to try to see I continued to face the stage and watched Mr. Kahn, I saw that I caught his eye so I gave him a wave and he waved back at me - made my day!
Old 30.10.2013, 08:42 AM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronSamedi1980 View Post
Quite a nice moment for me I thought I would share, I got to the fan rally at 10:30am on the Saturday to stand in line and make sure I was one of the first ones in. As soon as I got in I took up a place front and center at the main stage (I'm in a lot of the photos and videos taken from the stage area) thinking I would be in a great spot to see the Jaguars.

When the Jaguars players on the steps were being interviewed I was in the worst possible place to see this - being right at the front by the stage - so instead of turning around to try to see I continued to face the stage and watched Mr. Kahn, I saw that I caught his eye so I gave him a wave and he waved back at me - made my day!
Did you squeal like a little girl?
Old 30.10.2013, 10:27 AM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilGroom View Post
Did you squeal like a little girl?
I would've!

I saw plenty of the Baron in the PR shots smiling at the front, better than me I just look miserable in photos!

I was running around like a dog with two tails when the Jags arrived. I was about three or four rows from the stage, saw the players were heading to the back of Trafalgar Sq so tried to get there, whilst desperately trying not to just shove peole out the way!

Then when I realised I couldn't get near them and saw Gus, Shadid and the others on the stage I reversed direction and still got nowhere near the front.
Old 30.10.2013, 11:34 AM
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedal Bin View Post
I would've!

I saw plenty of the Baron in the PR shots smiling at the front, better than me I just look miserable in photos!

I was running around like a dog with two tails when the Jags arrived. I was about three or four rows from the stage, saw the players were heading to the back of Trafalgar Sq so tried to get there, whilst desperately trying not to just shove peole out the way!

Then when I realised I couldn't get near them and saw Gus, Shadid and the others on the stage I reversed direction and still got nowhere near the front.
Better than me!

A friend of ours moved to London a while back and as we had not seen him for ages he popped into the centre to meet us. He suggested going for a drink at the pub over the road so we thought ok, we've just seen Fred Taylor and there will be a break for a little bit. We came back about 45 minutes later to find we had missed the whole team! GUTTED

Wont happen next time (if there ever is another time)!
Old 30.10.2013, 02:40 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by jags_mad View Post
Better than me!

A friend of ours moved to London a while back and as we had not seen him for ages he popped into the centre to meet us. He suggested going for a drink at the pub over the road so we thought ok, we've just seen Fred Taylor and there will be a break for a little bit. We came back about 45 minutes later to find we had missed the whole team! GUTTED

Wont happen next time (if there ever is another time)!
I'm sure there will be. John Oesher was saying everyone in the team was completely positive about the whole trip.