Seahawks Running Back future - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Seattle Seahawks

Old 27.01.2015, 05:02 PM
Rookie

Default Seahawks Running Back future

So Lynch has had yet another great season, what are your thoughts on him staying at Seattle next season.

If not who makes a better replacement and why, turbin or Michael or should they look for a new running back in the draft?
Old 28.01.2015, 09:41 AM
All Pro

Whether Lynch stays really depends on three things.

Firstly where the cap limit is set for the 2015 season. We know that Russell will take up around 20 million and you can add another 9 to 11 combined for Maxwell and Wagner (if they so choose to sign the cornerback). Right now that means the loss of Lynch by around as we would be roughly 2-3 million over. Of course a relatively small increase would allow for all those moves to happen.

Secondly, it depends who drops to us in the draft. There are several very good but troubled running backs in this draft. If one of those falls to us then we may take them and let Lynch go.

Finally, it depends if Marshawn wants to continue playing. He is unpredictable. We have no idea, especially if we go back to back, what he might choose to do.
Old 07.07.2015, 09:55 AM
Rookie

Send a message via MSN to Deja Entendu Send a message via Yahoo to Deja Entendu

What are people's thoughts on Wilson's contract? I think he'll stay, but I hope it doesn't affect his form in the season. He's been the driving force behind many of our comebacks in recent years.
Old 08.07.2015, 06:33 AM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deja Entendu View Post
What are people's thoughts on Wilson's contract? I think he'll stay, but I hope it doesn't affect his form in the season. He's been the driving force behind many of our comebacks in recent years.
I'm not concerned about Wilson's contract at all. He'll either sign a deal in the first couple of weeks of training camp or he'll play through the year and we'll franchise tag him.

Will the second option hurt his form? Who knows. Then again, look at Albert Hainesworth. He got big money after leaving the Titans and flamed out after 18 months in Washington.

No one can really guess what will happen but everything so far has said that Wilson is a diligent worker who prioritises winning. It would be surprising if anything other than that happened.
Old 08.07.2015, 09:24 AM
Rookie

I think the Cam Newton deal probably extended the talks as well. As soon as he got his money, I knew Wilson would be after more. I'd obviously like him to stay (and I think he will), but it will be interesting.

If it turns out that he becomes the highest-paid QB, would you be happy potentially sacrificing some of our D to free up the cap space?
Old 08.07.2015, 09:42 AM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deja Entendu View Post
I think the Cam Newton deal probably extended the talks as well. As soon as he got his money, I knew Wilson would be after more. I'd obviously like him to stay (and I think he will), but it will be interesting.

If it turns out that he becomes the highest-paid QB, would you be happy potentially sacrificing some of our D to free up the cap space?
That question is somewhat relative.

$20 to $25 million a year (first three guaranteed) would be an acceptable price considering the predicted year on year increase of the salary cap until 2015. Especially when you take into account Percy Harvin's dead money already eating 8.5 million from the cap.

If the deal creeps to $30 or beyond, then that is a deal that will have to wait until next season. There is no doubt he has one a lot of games but he still hasn't broken 4,000 yards throwing and the running lanes will get smaller and smaller if people become increasingly confident that he won't throw them out of a game.

What is good for Wilson is that he has never been so stocked at receiver. Obviously there has been all the Jimmy Graham talk but there is more than that to it. Paul Richardson was starting to look like a star before his injury. Kevin Norwood is the talk of camp having finally got over his foot issues and Tyler Lockett has been the preferred to Doug Baldwin in the slot.

There is a very good choice that Baldwin and Kearse may even be WR 4 and 5 by mid season.

If this (hopefully) increased skill group can perform, then Wilson needs to throw for 4,500/25/10 to deserve the big end deal. There is no reason in my mind that he won't so it should be a good season.
Old 08.07.2015, 10:22 AM
Rookie

Yeah, we certainly have better receiving prospects this year. They're coming in at the right time as we need to put less pressure on Lynch if we want him at his best for longer. I'm confident he will deliver with the right targets, but it seems like Jimmy Graham could be a test for him?

It's almost as if we have gone: "Here's a standout ball-catcher, show us that you deserve the money". If he delivers this season, I think they'll pay him what he wants. He linked up well with Willson last year, so I expect him to do even better with Graham.
Old 13.07.2015, 01:00 PM
All Pro

This is the make or break year for Christine Michael he needs to prove himself with the carries he gets.