Why the jets?? - Page 8 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > New York Jets

Old 04.02.2015, 04:07 PM
Rookie

Recently started following the game and having visited and loved NYC I went foe the Jets. Why not the Giants? Gotta love the underdog
Old 30.04.2015, 06:59 PM
Rookie

While the Saints are my team, mainly for the same reasons as others in that I would be gutted when they would lose, but the Jets are my "second" team if something does exist.

The reason for me was when I went to New York I decided to take in a game and it was Jets vs. Oakland, opening game last season and it was fantastic. Everything about the game and the atmosphere was great, and it was a Jets win also. I do keep an eye out for them now.
Old 03.06.2015, 07:26 AM
Rookie

I'd been a Jets fan since I was around 7. That's 30 years ago. There was an American marketing event in my local rugby club, and they had stalls with NFL there. I got given some jets merchandise, and saw them on channel 4 a short while later. I used to check the scores on ceefax, hehe.
As I got older, and especially during school, john madden and NFL was popular among a few of us, although the jets were shockingly bad I still stuck with them. Been to New York twice, but no Jets games. But I'm really excited for Wembley. Although we'll be outnumbered by Miami fans, I think. They were more popular during 80's and have a good uk following.
Old 12.09.2015, 07:25 PM
Pro

I am a huge Mets fan and many Jets fans are also Mets fans. I love inclement weather games, running offenses and defensive football. I started to get interested in the NFL when Rex took over as head coach and so everything came together.
I always say that you don't pick a team, a team picks you.
Old 14.09.2015, 11:41 AM
Rookie

Hey guys, I'm an NFL "Newbie".

Saw this thread and wanted to say hello.

I've been a huge MLB fan for about 5 years, although I've never been to a game. I sub each year to MLB.tv and the Mets are my team. Naturally that led me in to taking an interest in the Jets last year and I'm happy to be part of the Jetnation now!

Picked up a reduced "Limited" Tebow home Jersey from NFL.com and had it delivered to a friend in the States who brought it back over. Only cost me £20, dont think I could ever get a Game jersey seeing how good the limited ones are!

Cant wait for the game on October the 4th, hopefully plenty of us Jets in attendance!

last night was a good one, had the Mets on mlb.tv through laptop, redzone on TV and the Jets comms on ESPN New York. Great results for both teams.

Lets go Jets!

Lets go Mets!
Old 19.09.2015, 08:41 PM
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashperry83 View Post
Hey guys, I'm an NFL "Newbie".

Saw this thread and wanted to say hello.

I've been a huge MLB fan for about 5 years, although I've never been to a game. I sub each year to MLB.tv and the Mets are my team. Naturally that led me in to taking an interest in the Jets last year and I'm happy to be part of the Jetnation now!

Picked up a reduced "Limited" Tebow home Jersey from NFL.com and had it delivered to a friend in the States who brought it back over. Only cost me £20, dont think I could ever get a Game jersey seeing how good the limited ones are!

Cant wait for the game on October the 4th, hopefully plenty of us Jets in attendance!

last night was a good one, had the Mets on mlb.tv through laptop, redzone on TV and the Jets comms on ESPN New York. Great results for both teams.

Lets go Jets!

Lets go Mets!

Awesome! Same as me. Huge mets fan since 2006 when the almost got to the world series.
Been to loads of baseball games including minor league. Seen the mets twice both at Shea.
I think most mets fans are jets fans as well and so there is a great atmosphere at games over there. Enjoy.
Old 21.09.2015, 04:14 PM
Rookie

Hi guys,got into American football back in the 80s my team was the LA Raiders ,then lost interest for a few years ,got back into it about 12 years ago and looked to follow a new team,wasn't sure who ,then took a fancy to the jets uniforms and then was born a new jets fan bought a Pennington road jersey as I loved the white shirt ,also follow the Mets glutton for punishment ,I also have a soft spot for the lions as they where a pretty poor team then but the jets are my number 1
Old 21.09.2015, 05:04 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by foyie View Post
Hi guys,got into American football back in the 80s my team was the LA Raiders ,then lost interest for a few years ,got back into it about 12 years ago and looked to follow a new team,wasn't sure who ,then took a fancy to the jets uniforms and then was born a new jets fan bought a Pennington road jersey as I loved the white shirt ,also follow the Mets glutton for punishment ,I also have a soft spot for the lions as they where a pretty poor team then but the jets are my number 1
Welcome to the forums!
Old 04.01.2016, 04:20 PM
Rookie

i am new to the NFL and new to this website, however i have decided to choose the Jets to follow as my team (even though i prefer the Giants uniform). No real reason to be honest, i didn't want to be a glory hunter as that would just be boring! so here i am! looking forward to learning the history and getting behind the team with full force!

GO JETS
Old 05.01.2016, 10:12 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdOrRogers View Post
i am new to the NFL and new to this website, however i have decided to choose the Jets to follow as my team (even though i prefer the Giants uniform). No real reason to be honest, i didn't want to be a glory hunter as that would just be boring! so here i am! looking forward to learning the history and getting behind the team with full force!

GO JETS
Good man. If there is anything you want to know about the Jets or NFL in general then feel free to ask any of us regulars some questions.