Visiting Seattle - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Seattle Seahawks

Old 26.10.2014, 09:01 AM
Pro

Default Visiting Seattle

Hi all,

After some advice if anyone can help.

I'm visiting Vancouver next September and hoping to pop across the border and visit Seattle as I believe it is only 150 miles ish.

Hoping to catch a Seahawks and mariners game as stadiums are next door.

Any advice on getting tickets, places to stay, things to do etc?

Thanks in advance.
Old 31.10.2014, 01:25 AM
All Pro

The I5 (which is the highway between Canada and Seattle/Tacoma) can be a horrible road if your not an experienced driver. At one point it is 6 lanes with three separate turn offs.

Seattle itself is also difficult to get around. It is full of one way systems and it is very easy to get turned around. The good news is there is a considerable amount of street parking relatively near the stadium district that is extremely affordable.

Mariners tickets are dead easy to get. 95% of games you can just turn up at game time and buy on the gate. I normally wonder down a little early and get one from a scalper which are a little more expensive (maybe 10-15%) but you can often get stellar tickets. My last game (September this year) I was 8 rows back on 3rd base and it cost less than $40 dollars.

Seahawks tickets are more difficult to get hold of and usually I would suggest organizing that before you go across. If your alone though there can be some very good deals to be had by buying off people with spare tickets going into the game.
Old 12.11.2014, 03:39 PM
All Pro

I was at the Cowboys game in Seattle a few weeks back ...you are going to love Seattle such an amazing place !
Old 16.11.2014, 03:48 PM
Pro

When we went to Seattle, we stayed at a place called Hotel 5, modern, good location, with a great doughnut place just down the road. Tickets were not difficult to come by, depending on what you are willing to pay.
Old 23.11.2014, 10:30 PM
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxonrox View Post
When we went to Seattle, we stayed at a place called Hotel 5, modern, good location, with a great doughnut place just down the road. Tickets were not difficult to come by, depending on what you are willing to pay.
What sort of price?
Old 30.11.2014, 04:28 PM
Pro

If I remember right, it was around $150 a night for a king double.
Old 26.12.2016, 01:32 AM
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxonrox View Post
Also stayed at Hotel 5. A 25 minute walk to the stadium.

There's a nice pizza place if you walk 3 blocks north and right at the triangle (A Pizza Mart Belltown).