Visiting Minnesota - Page 2 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Minnesota Vikings

Old 03.01.2017, 06:52 PM
Team Captain

Found a new cinema to go to north of the river but within walking distance from downtown (using the 3rd street bridge).
Old 11.01.2017, 09:11 AM
All Pro

I've seen the Vikings 3 times in the States now. Twice at home (2013 v Browns & 2016 v Giants) and once on the road (2014 v Bucs).

The Browns game was a trip specifically to Minnesota for the game, we stayed for 6 days and had plenty to do in that time. I made contact with a staff member at the Vikings before my trip and he offered us a private tour of the training facility in Eden Prairie which was awesome! Minnesota is pretty expensive to fly to directly, though.

Last year for the Giants game we flew to Toronto first and spent a few days there before flying to Minnesota for the game and back to Toronto for another couple of days before heading home. It was cheaper to do it that way than going directly to Minnesota and we got to see another city too! (£400 each to Toronto, £180 each to Minneapolis rather than about £700+ each from Edinburgh to Minneapolis.) For this trip we didn't bother for a car as we were only in Minn for a couple days. The light rail goes between the airport/stadium/MOA/downtown so we had everything we needed on the one rail line which was awesome!
Old 09.08.2017, 11:51 AM
Rookie

Default Going To Minnesota

Hi,

I'm heading to Minnesota in October, will be there for the Vikings v Packers game, can any of you guys that have been before give me any advice on buying tickets ? on Ticketmaster & Stubhub, the tickets start at $300 (at the very back of the stadium) any help would be much appreciated
Old 09.08.2017, 07:12 PM
Starter

There are some for around 220 dollars including booking fees on the official ticket exchange,this is the biggest game of the season for the Vikings against our biggest rivals and neighbouring state,their fans will pay big money to be at the game,you either buy now or chance buying off a tout near the kick off
Old 23.08.2017, 12:47 PM
Rookie

Default Vikings vs Buccs

And I'm heading over for my first Vikings game state-side in September for the Buccs home game. Any tips for game day? Float along to the stadium and try to get involved with the tail gate i guess??
Old 21.09.2017, 06:22 PM
Team Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by martinjhalliday@hotmail.com View Post
And I'm heading over for my first Vikings game state-side in September for the Buccs home game. Any tips for game day? Float along to the stadium and try to get involved with the tail gate i guess??
Good luck for your trip - there is a college game at the baseball stadium Saturday lumchtime if you are interested and even a soccer game Saturday evening at the College stadium..

I will be in the Purple tailgate area pre game Sunday

Geoff
Old 25.09.2017, 08:59 AM
Rookie

Thanks Geoff (not sure why my username was email above!).
Arrived late afternoon on Sat, so figured a college game had been on given the amount of drunken students on the streets!
Ended up strolling down from Downtown to the stadium and soaking up the entertainment in the park area at the front of US Bank.
Whole experience was brilliant and certainly made the trip here worthwhile. Chose a good one with the weather too.
The stadium itself was amazing, and even more impressive than I knew it would be. Was sat in Sec 221, which had a good view and decent atmosphere around.
As for the game, well a great win. I was expecting a much tighter one with Bradford out, but Keenum played great - probably helped he was given the chance to air the ball out. Diggs continued to make bigs plays, Thielen was reliable as ever, and Cook churned out some good yards especially on play action catch and run.
Not sure when I'll get the chance to come back here for another game, but glad I made the trip, great weekend.
Old 25.09.2017, 05:30 PM
Team Captain

Glad you had a good time.

I got to see the soccer game - well it was a hot night and an excuse to have a beer and a cheer.

Tailgate was good and we had a TV to watch the Wembley game.....Hope the Ravens are that poor against us but I doubt it.

Meet some UK Bucs fans after the game for a bite to eat and a debrief,
Old 29.09.2017, 10:24 PM
Starter

Will be coming out in November to see the game on Nov 19th against the LA Rams and being a big fan of all Minnesota Sports teams will be going to Gopher Hockey v Harvard on Nov 18th and Minnesota Timberwolves v Detroit Pistons at 6pm after the Vikings game.
Then on Monday 20th a morning stadium tour of US Bank stadium and in the evening a visit to the Xcel Energy Centre to see the Minnesota Wild take on New Jersey Devils.Next morning off to Detroit so I can see the Vikings on Thanksgiving Day and then down to Atlanta for the weekend to visit their new stadium as they play the Bucs