Food n drink n stuff - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > National Football League > 2019 London Games

  #1  
Old 04.10.2018, 12:02 PM
SilverBlackMaroon's Avatar
SilverBlackMaroon SilverBlackMaroon is offline
Rookie
 
Join Date: 22.08.2016
Posts: 5
Default Food n drink n stuff

So, my first Wembley game this year. Ballpark costs for the important matter of beer and food at the Tailgate and stadium? I’m assuming they add on a few pennies for NFL?
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 04.10.2018, 12:55 PM
paulwebster09's Avatar
paulwebster09 paulwebster09 is offline
Team Captain
 
Join Date: 17.12.2008
Posts: 356
Default

Pint = £5.40 last year and it often goes up by 20p, so could well be £5.60

I haven't ever eaten at Wembley as the food looks poor. That doesn't stop plenty of people doing so though. Allow at least a tenner for burger and chips. I tend to eat before I go as its cheaper and better quality.

I think the tailgate is priced the same as inside. I have given up on the tailgate now as it adds nothing to the experience if you ask me. Its just one long queue!
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 04.10.2018, 03:54 PM
BuffaloG's Avatar
BuffaloG BuffaloG is offline
All Pro
 
Join Date: 12.10.2014
Posts: 4,496
Default

Save yourself a fortune by eating in the shopping centre and avoiding the tailgate
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 04.10.2018, 04:23 PM
NaitchB Niner's Avatar
NaitchB Niner NaitchB Niner is offline
Pro
 
Join Date: 12.01.2018
Posts: 34
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuffaloG View Post
Save yourself a fortune by eating in the shopping centre and avoiding the tailgate
Yup. I'll be popping over to there before the game.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 04.10.2018, 05:55 PM
stuntman_mike's Avatar
stuntman_mike stuntman_mike is offline
Rookie
 
Join Date: 03.10.2018
Posts: 16
Default

Sack off the tailgate mate. It's no different from anything you'll find at a cricket match food Hall or festival. You are not going to get start up businesses or anything remotely authentic to the block party tailgates you get in the states.

I'd eat in town. Bodeans is fantastic and great value for money, as well as a great environment on game days. Venues in soho, Tower Hill and at least one other place. BBQ food and decent selection of beers. Wherever you drink in London is mostly going to be more expensive than anywhere else in the country but you may as well get a good choice if you are going to pay.

Hit the green man for pre game beers, it's best, has the huge garden and is cheapest too. Never a long wait for drinks. Inside Wembley I actually don't find the food too bad, its quite nice but of course its pricey.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 04.10.2018, 09:39 PM
SilverBlackMaroon's Avatar
SilverBlackMaroon SilverBlackMaroon is offline
Rookie
 
Join Date: 22.08.2016
Posts: 5
Default

Cheers everyone! As suspected with it all. Will likely enjoy pints elsewhere. (although may be thirsty by 2nd quarter
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 04.10.2018, 09:59 PM
European Bob's Avatar
European Bob European Bob is offline
MVP
 
Join Date: 11.01.2012
Posts: 8,299
Default

Pints are £5.50 at Wembley this season for Spurs games. Not to say NFL will be identical but gives an idea. I never get food or drink inside the stadium mostly because the service is so poor and slow that it takes forever.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 05.10.2018, 07:35 AM
paulwebster09's Avatar
paulwebster09 paulwebster09 is offline
Team Captain
 
Join Date: 17.12.2008
Posts: 356
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuntman_mike View Post
Sack off the tailgate mate. It's no different from anything you'll find at a cricket match food Hall or festival. You are not going to get start up businesses or anything remotely authentic to the block party tailgates you get in the states.

I'd eat in town. Bodeans is fantastic and great value for money, as well as a great environment on game days. Venues in soho, Tower Hill and at least one other place. BBQ food and decent selection of beers. Wherever you drink in London is mostly going to be more expensive than anywhere else in the country but you may as well get a good choice if you are going to pay.

Hit the green man for pre game beers, it's best, has the huge garden and is cheapest too. Never a long wait for drinks. Inside Wembley I actually don't find the food too bad, its quite nice but of course its pricey.
Always amazes me how big the queues are. Have people not heard of the internet or already got enough merch? All the game day stuff is available in the smaller kiosks inside and outside the ground. Strange!
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 05.10.2018, 09:17 AM
stuntman_mike's Avatar
stuntman_mike stuntman_mike is offline
Rookie
 
Join Date: 03.10.2018
Posts: 16
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulwebster09 View Post
Always amazes me how big the queues are. Have people not heard of the internet or already got enough merch? All the game day stuff is available in the smaller kiosks inside and outside the ground. Strange!
I think it's the newer fans mate. Those with large pockets, a sense of occasion but not many over senses. I remember Jags first game over here against the Niners and in the row in front of me was a Dad and his three sons and they had clearly just purchased brand spanking new Jags jerseys, you could tell this because they were creased where they had been folded in a plastic sleeve and the real giveaway was that they had forgotten to remove the price tags! Anyway, got up and left about ten minutes into the 3rd quarter, presumably when they realized football (and the Jags!) weren't for them.

I try to avoid sports merch in general to be honest. Jerseys, cricket tops, football tops especially. Rather save up and buy a hoodie or a polo shirt of the team that I feel comfortable wearing all the time and therefore get the value out of. The snapbacks and lesser clothing items are worse, hideously expensive for what they are and, like you say, can be bought for far cheaper just yards away.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 05.10.2018, 10:35 AM
SilverBlackMaroon's Avatar
SilverBlackMaroon SilverBlackMaroon is offline
Rookie
 
Join Date: 22.08.2016
Posts: 5
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulwebster09 View Post
Always amazes me how big the queues are. Have people not heard of the internet or already got enough merch? All the game day stuff is available in the smaller kiosks inside and outside the ground. Strange!
Indeed. My gear already built up over the years - Raider Image and ebay the places to go, and of course my customised jersey will last a lifetime.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +0. The time now is 09:17 AM.