Ticket Dispatch - Page 7 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > National Football League > 2019 London Games

Old 15.10.2018, 10:46 AM
Team Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbirder2 View Post
From last year's experience at Club Wembley -

Ticket check before you can get near the stadium itself.

Ticket check before you can join the queue for security checking.

Security check.

Ticket scanned as you enter the stadium.

Ticket check as you enter the section where your seat is.
Lower Tier - This year no ticket check until you get near the new body scanners, then it was briefly looked at to see if you were in the right colour zone and scanned to get through the gate. No checks the otherside as you have to go through an airport style body scanner beforehand.
Old 16.10.2018, 10:56 AM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by marioxavo View Post
Thanks for your answer.

Ticketmaster told me this morning that my tickets were printed and posted on 9/10/18, two days ago.
I ask him why I don't have a tracking number yet (I'm from Spain, so its by secure post).

I hope we can get them soon.

I don't think NFL is the problem, TicketMaster works just as bad in Spain... so...
No problem.

Mine shows as dispatch status still, I live in North Devon and am quite used to a rural area receiving tickets later than most other parts of the country. We are usually the end batch, had the same with music, live comedy and other large sporting events where you don't buy directly from a club or association. Luckily this year, we don't travel until the Saturday so shouldn't be a problem.

Have you received them yet?

Quote:
Out of town fans who already have teams aren't their target market for a franchise. They want new, local fans. A franchise spectator base is different to an International Series one.

Furthermore the late despatch this year has helped target the secondary market. In future people will be far more wary to buy tickets and then sell on if they know it will be harder to sell. Which is a very good thing for fans.

A few people can get grumpy and say they won't go, so what? The growth of new fans is far far out pacing them
Yes, fans already with a team to support aren't the target but I don't think London, or the UK for that matter, will end up with a franchise anyway.

It's a logistical nightmare and Jacksonville have only just started truly adapting to the travelling and staying a little over five years in. Remember, their three AFC South rivals will have to do the same once every year for the foreseeable future and the owners committee would have to agree to this and most teams are welcome to the idea of a short time in London and the obvious revenue enhancements, but not at the risk of the football long-term here and plenty have been vocal enough about it. Actually the anomaly is Jerry Jones. Obviously I am not suggesting he wants Dallas to move here or be financially involved in a franchise that does, but he is the only owner outside of Khan to actively seek a return to London after playing here at least once.

Quote:
do they scan the ticket at security checks?
If I remember rightly from last year, they checked tickets at the bottom of each set of main steps up to tiered level and pointed you to your colour zone.

Of course, this and last year were the first time we saw the clear plastic bag rule strictly enforced, so one to remind yourselves for this year.
Old 16.10.2018, 02:20 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuntman_mike View Post
No problem.

Mine shows as dispatch status still, I live in North Devon and am quite used to a rural area receiving tickets later than most other parts of the country. We are usually the end batch, had the same with music, live comedy and other large sporting events where you don't buy directly from a club or association. Luckily this year, we don't travel until the Saturday so shouldn't be a problem.

Have you received them yet?

Yes, fans already with a team to support aren't the target but I don't think London, or the UK for that matter, will end up with a franchise anyway.

It's a logistical nightmare and Jacksonville have only just started truly adapting to the travelling and staying a little over five years in. Remember, their three AFC South rivals will have to do the same once every year for the foreseeable future and the owners committee would have to agree to this and most teams are welcome to the idea of a short time in London and the obvious revenue enhancements, but not at the risk of the football long-term here and plenty have been vocal enough about it. Actually the anomaly is Jerry Jones. Obviously I am not suggesting he wants Dallas to move here or be financially involved in a franchise that does, but he is the only owner outside of Khan to actively seek a return to London after playing here at least once.

If I remember rightly from last year, they checked tickets at the bottom of each set of main steps up to tiered level and pointed you to your colour zone.

Of course, this and last year were the first time we saw the clear plastic bag rule strictly enforced, so one to remind yourselves for this year.

Don't know anything about my tickets yet...
Old 17.10.2018, 01:12 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Don't know anything about my tickets yet...
My tickets arrived yesterday.
Old 17.10.2018, 02:06 PM
Rookie

Quote:
My tickets arrived yesterday.
That's great, I'm still waiting..

Normal Post or Secure Post?
Old 18.10.2018, 07:19 AM
Rookie

Quote:
That's great, I'm still waiting..

Normal Post or Secure Post?
Normal post, as far as I'm aware. When you say secure post, are we talking courier delivery? Mine came as standard Royal Mail delivery.

They must be into the second of the four categorised batches though.
Old 18.10.2018, 08:03 AM
Rookie

Quote:
Normal post, as far as I'm aware. When you say secure post, are we talking courier delivery? Mine came as standard Royal Mail delivery.

They must be into the second of the four categorised batches though.
Secure Post => DHL.

I contacted ticketmaster yesterday and they gave me the tracking number. DHL did not received it yet, but at least I have something to follow
Old 18.10.2018, 12:47 PM
Rookie

I travel on saturday from Ireland. I havent received my tickets so I got onto ticketmaster and they emailed me tickets to print off.