Wembley Tailgate - Drinks/Food - Page 5 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > National Football League > 2019 London Games

Old 16.10.2018, 02:01 PM
Hall of Fame

God knows it took me long enough to learn my lesson, but after all these years, I do wonder why people bother with this now.

After enduring some very frustrating policies and some utterly intolerable security staff, it makes sense to just avoid.

Wembley is a pretty poor area, but the transport links into Central London are reasonable, makes sense to me to get some amazing food elsewhere before and/or after the game and try to get through the game without needing fodder.
Old 16.10.2018, 03:31 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PavlovsDog View Post
God knows it took me long enough to learn my lesson, but after all these years, I do wonder why people bother with this now.

After enduring some very frustrating policies and some utterly intolerable security staff, it makes sense to just avoid.

Wembley is a pretty poor area, but the transport links into Central London are reasonable, makes sense to me to get some amazing food elsewhere before and/or after the game and try to get through the game without needing fodder.
Couldn't agree more, we went into the city in the morning to go to Nike town to save on the ridiculous queues at Wembley, understand they will not have what people want but they did for us. Quick walk down Regent Street and ate at midday in Leicester Square. Couple of Pret sandwiches bought at the stadium for half time, crisps and chocolate from Tesco behind the outlet, happy days!
Old 18.10.2018, 06:45 AM
Team Captain

Quote:

I haven't done the tailgate since they stopped ticketing it, wel I did it once after that, but walked straight out again. We got to Wembley about 4.45 having eaten in central London for half the price and our tube arriving at Wembley was empty, so much so we joked we had missed kick off. Obviously that all changed as we got to the security checks to get in.

Anyway I hope they have learnt some lessons from last weekend and the experience improves somewhat for this!
Old 18.10.2018, 06:47 AM
All Pro

Quote:

Even around the stadium in the shopping centre there are plenty of places to eat.
Old 19.10.2018, 09:00 AM
Team Captain

Just doing a bit of planning for Sunday.....

The last couple of years we've got to Wembley and sat and drank in the area between the stadium and the shopping centre. Had a mingle and chat with other fans. There was a small stage area and pop up bars.

For those at the game last week, was this area used as previous years? Ta.
Old 19.10.2018, 09:56 AM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuffaloG View Post
Even around the stadium in the shopping centre there are plenty of places to eat.
Yeah but they are all insanely busy on game day, you have to queue up for tables, service is extremely rushed and some are going to start running limited 'event day menus' too - TGI and F&B mainly.

Like Pavlovsdog, I'd eat in town. If you are going to Jags/Eagles there are plenty of decent cafes on the way to the Green Man to get a late breakfast in for a reasonable price. The tailgate is just food and drink trucks selling vastly marked up fast food that is no different from any other sporting event. It's not a tailgate, it's what you get at the food hall at cricket matches. They just hire in the slightly more American sounding businesses.
Old 19.10.2018, 03:29 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
So you keep saying. Maybe people want something a bit more unique that chain stuff though.
Old 21.10.2018, 07:16 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by YorkBill View Post
Just doing a bit of planning for Sunday.....

The last couple of years we've got to Wembley and sat and drank in the area between the stadium and the shopping centre. Had a mingle and chat with other fans. There was a small stage area and pop up bars.

For those at the game last week, was this area used as previous years? Ta.
Saw that you didn't get a response. I was planning on doing the same thing for the Jags game. Is there drink available in this area this year? Thanks
Old 22.10.2018, 08:14 AM
All Pro

Quote:
So you keep saying. Maybe people want something a bit more unique that chain stuff though.
There is nothing unique in the food at all, anywhere in Wembley. The tailgate is largely full of generic upmarket American food, the sort of which is a plenty throughout London
Old 22.10.2018, 10:02 AM
Pro

Quote:
There is nothing unique in the food at all, anywhere in Wembley. The tailgate is largely full of generic upmarket American food, the sort of which is a plenty throughout London
The food in the Outlet is generic, is it not? I thought PavlovsDog was talking about unique food you can get away from Wembley. Earlier, you even quoted his post where he mentions this...

Quote:

Tags
drinks , food , tailgate , wembley