My first Super Bash! - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > National Football League > NFL in the UK

Old 29.01.2014, 12:00 PM
Team Captain

Default My first Super Bash!

Haven't got any spare tickets but have luckily found my way on to the guest list. The NFL UK website doesn't really give too much away! Just wondering what it's like really? Tell me I'm going to love it so I can justify getting excited already

Also, will it be anyone else's first?
Old 29.01.2014, 12:16 PM
All Pro

I emailed NFLUK an photo of a knife against my wrist with the subject 'This time I'll really do it'. Yet to hear back from the them.

Have fun
Old 29.01.2014, 12:24 PM
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheik Yerbouti View Post
Haven't got any spare tickets but have luckily found my way on to the guest list. The NFL UK website doesn't really give too much away! Just wondering what it's like really? Tell me I'm going to love it so I can justify getting excited already

Also, will it be anyone else's first?
Me too - really looking forward to it. I once went on a stag do in August many years ago to Amsterdam and saw signs in bars everywhere for NFL. I thought to myself, this must be an awesome place to watch the Superbowl, fast forward to February and there I was in a bar in the Red Light District at 2 in the morning with a couple of pi$$ed up Germans, a smelly old bloke asking about the rules with a bar manager cleaning up waiting to close. I hope this weekends visit to a capital city will be a whole lot different.
Old 29.01.2014, 12:25 PM
All Pro

Send a message via MSN to Zultan

This will be my 9th superbash in a row. There's a reason I keep going back - it's amazing!
Old 29.01.2014, 12:29 PM
Rookie

First one for me as well. The website says nothing at all about the event. I have been given tickets from someone who works there. They said something about free drink and food but I don't know how much is free. What are the prices like?
Old 29.01.2014, 12:38 PM
All Pro

Send a message via MSN to Zultan

Free food and drink depends on sponsors each year but when you have had to pay I remember it being reasonable. Quite often Pepsi is free.
Old 29.01.2014, 12:41 PM
MVP

Ive been to 4 or 5 straight.

To be honest every single one has changed greatly, with food, beers, merchandise, Format, layout of venue... Even all the ones at the o2 have been very different, different hosts, sofas downstairs appeared in last one, before that standing, so to be honest itll be a new experience for us all.

Some changes are brilliant, some not so much but its always a top night.

So as to the info we can give, its probably limited as it changes every year.

On the original email it said every attendee got a NFL goodie bag supplied by NFLuk shop and Majestic... this sounds awesome... but no mention of that on the last letter.

I know a beatboxer is one of the entertainers.
and the ROAR Cheerleaders, along with I think 3 Jags players and Stafford.

The Jags mascot will be there Im sure and he is crazy so I expect good things from him.

Free Pizza, Papa Johns.
Free Pepsi (in previous years this was unlimited I think)
2 free Buds.

Hopefully bodeans doing the food but no news on that and even if its not Im sure it will be good, has been every other year.

Id expect to see a few celebs wandering around... at previous 02 ones I have seen

Pixie Lott
Jermaine Defoe
One of the Weasley Twins off of Harry Potter.
Corey Feldman off of the 80s
Nick Knowles off of the TV.
Big Vern.

Last few havent had Merchandise but ones before did...
I took a mini ball the year Suh was there and he signed that and last year Culpepper signed a jersey for me last year. (Thanks to BLM for the sale).

Beer prices in 02 are london ish prices 4/5 quid a pint.
Old 29.01.2014, 01:02 PM
Team Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by manningarmy View Post
First one for me as well. The website says nothing at all about the event. I have been given tickets from someone who works there. They said something about free drink and food but I don't know how much is free. What are the prices like?
I'm the same! Don't even know what time the event "opens" hopefully there'll be a big press release before the weekend...

Cheers for that Stocksy. I don't drink so free pepsi & free pizza all night sounds good to me!

Just looking at hotels now, nightmare
Old 29.01.2014, 01:02 PM
Starter

Yeah my first one too, used to be too far for me to travel with it being a sunday night but moved closer to London again.
If Pixie Lott is there, I wont be watching the superbowl......for 5 minutes until she tells me to stop following her.
Old 29.01.2014, 01:08 PM
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by HowieThePro View Post
Me too - really looking forward to it. I once went on a stag do in August many years ago to Amsterdam and saw signs in bars everywhere for NFL. I thought to myself, this must be an awesome place to watch the Superbowl, fast forward to February and there I was in a bar in the Red Light District at 2 in the morning with a couple of pi$$ed up Germans, a smelly old bloke asking about the rules with a bar manager cleaning up waiting to close. I hope this weekends visit to a capital city will be a whole lot different.
totally off topic, i was in amsterdam on a stag do the last weekend of 06/07 premiership season. found a bar full of west ham fans and watched tevez score for west ham to beat man utd 1-0 to stay up. a great time was had by all!

back on topic, this is my 1st super bash too and i can't wait. sounds like its going to me an awesome night!